Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C Tuning Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
Originally Posted by unxpectederror
440's are fine...with the 9.5 lb pulley and CAI...do not use the TRD reflash because you will run lean at WOT...u need a tune with at least a piggyback ECU...which the emanage blue is fine. if you don't get the CAI then the TRD reflash is fine
naa that's been proven wrong many many times. ive seen several dyno sheets showing that the a/f ratios are perfectly fine with a CAI on the s/c and trd tune. it wont lean out if the intake is designed correctly.
granted there are a couple of people who did this and were ok...but i have also seen more cases here alone that the exact opposite was true...better safe than sorry.
I would tune it to be on the safe side more instances where its running lean than ok.
SL Member

440's are fine...with the 9.5 lb pulley and CAI...do not use the TRD reflash because you will run lean at WOT...u need a tune with at least a piggyback ECU...which the emanage blue is fine. if you don't get the CAI then the TRD reflash is fine
naa that's been proven wrong many many times. ive seen several dyno sheets showing that the a/f ratios are perfectly fine with a CAI on the s/c and trd tune. it wont lean out if the intake is designed correctly.
granted there are a couple of people who did this and were ok...but i have also seen more cases here alone that the exact opposite was true...better safe than sorry.
I would tune it to be on the safe side more instances where its running lean than ok.
SL Member

SL Member

SL Member

SL Member

Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow wtf happened there ... ive seen double posts but nothing like that before...
Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MULTI POST!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

he's "post whoring" so he can get up to 50 posts and sell something probably
Old 10-03-2008, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

LMAO!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's "post whoring" so he can get up to 50 posts and sell something probably
Looks like your right.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Small thread jack. I am planning on getting a unichip for my car and getting tuned for the 9.5 pulley which I am running now. I have seen folks saying a point both ways if anyone can clarify, I have the TRD reflash am I ok to tune with the unichip or should I get another ECU without the reflash? I have seen people saying you will have trouble with timing but I don't understand this part, does the TRD reflash lock out otherwise adjustbale parameters on a stock ECU?

I would like the ability to remove the piggyback at some point and be able to return the car to SC stock trim.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would perfer the greddy ult. instead. but if you in budget the blue works fine.. but i believe its better overall performance and drivable then the blue because you can fine tune it.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AZGuy
Small thread jack. I am planning on getting a unichip for my car and getting tuned for the 9.5 pulley which I am running now. I have seen folks saying a point both ways if anyone can clarify, I have the TRD reflash am I ok to tune with the unichip or should I get another ECU without the reflash? I have seen people saying you will have trouble with timing but I don't understand this part, does the TRD reflash lock out otherwise adjustbale parameters on a stock ECU?

I would like the ability to remove the piggyback at some point and be able to return the car to SC stock trim.
your fine with the piggy back later on goin back to stock sc trim.. right now i have fully built motor and running on the trd sc, but have not got in tune yet on my greddy ult. with trd flash ecu..
Old 10-23-2009, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by garynkim
your fine with the piggy back later on goin back to stock sc trim.. right now i have fully built motor and running on the trd sc, but have not got in tune yet on my greddy ult. with trd flash ecu..
Let us know how that goes tuning with the TRD flash, I just want to know if I should plan on getting another ECU so I can keep one with the trd flash since its cheaper just to buy a stock one for like 40 bucks.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by AZGuy
Let us know how that goes tuning with the TRD flash, I just want to know if I should plan on getting another ECU so I can keep one with the trd flash since its cheaper just to buy a stock one for like 40 bucks.
Link to $40 ECU? Junkyard?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by syberspyder
Link to $40 ECU? Junkyard?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-En...ltDomainQ5f100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCION...Q5fAccessories

If you keep an eye out on ebay you can find them cheap.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Thanks AZGuy! Didn't think to look on ebay, what worries me is that it retails for $900, and somehow they're only selling in for $40.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by syberspyder
Thanks AZGuy! Didn't think to look on ebay, what worries me is that it retails for $900, and somehow they're only selling in for $40.
They are salvaged, and they are still subject to supply and demand not a common item to go out plus they include serial numbers so I wouldn't worry.