Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

scion tc turbonetics kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default scion tc turbonetics kit

i was thinking about getting this turbo kit, but i was just wondering if its reliable at all..i heard the dezpd kits are very good, but i was wondering if these are good too...so if any owners if this kit wunna leave me some feed back, then please reply
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i personally don't have a turbo kit, but am saving up for one but from what i heard and researched dezod and turbotoyotas turbo kits are the way to go they are also easily upgraded
Old 02-13-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread was going on like a week ago...

Well some people have gone through three turbo's with their turbonetics kit and some have gone through zero. It is an alright kit, i personally don't like it, and Dezod has the best customer service in the world.

To be honest, I haven't heard great things about the Turbonetics Turbo kit, and I know a few people who have had it that have had quite a bit of issues. The reason they have decide to provide a warrenty with their kit, is because no one would purchase it do to all the problems they were having and they lost so much business they were forced to do this.

Also, it is not completely true that you do not have to tune it, they provide a base tune, which is not location specific. Also there are very few Unichip tuners compared to Greddy Emanage tuners. The base tune is ok, but you should not be getting very boost happy as the Air pressure, and altitude seriously affects your tune.

Here are your choices for Turbo Kits:
Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
Dezod signature kit with AEM f/ic engine management (the best piggyback) with the dezod spec turbo T3/T67 = $4620

Dezod S1 tuner turbo kit with AEM f/ic engine management and the Dezod spec'd T3/T4 turbo = $4300

Turbonetics Turbo kit with unichip (not really that good, and yes it still needs a tune as the pre-tune on it causes you to run rich...probably causing so many turbos to go bad) = $4000 @ turbokits.com

Greddy turbo kit with greddy emanage ultimate = $4400

Turbo toyotas kit with greddy emanage = $4500

Treadstone turbo kit with greddy emanage = $3800 (but you need to cut your crash bar for the intercooler)

Sound Performance kit with apexi neo = $4500

now with a good tune, these kits should go between 250-280 whp on 8.5 psi...IMO the kit that offers the best of everything for your car and engine...is the dezod kit. Now, i've never dealt with dezod yet...probably because i live in fear of the cali laws...but after all the things i've seen on this site over the last 2 years...they seem to have the best kit...not necessarily for the numbers...but for the prolonged engine life and turbo life and the best fit for the tC's engine bay
Happy Boosting!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 AM
SL Member

i have the sp1 turbo kit, and ive heard alot of good things about the dezod kits, and i also heard alot of bad things about the turbonetics kit. id recommend greddy or dezod
Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well im doin the dezod then, i have an auto trans tho, so what would the numbers be with the dezod kit and the tune
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Drummer829
well im doin the dezod then, i have an auto trans tho, so what would the numbers be with the dezod kit and the tune
erg. If only you were an '07 who wanted my kit. You won't be dissapointed with your Dezod kit, numbers can range but probably 240-270 with your auto kit.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 AM
SL Member

you should ask "mospeedtc " about his turbo. from what i remember hes running the turbonetics turbo in his auto tc. not for sure what other things hes done.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Dezod Kits are much better....more relabile too.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsingh
Dezod Kits are much better....more relabile too.
I couldnt agree more.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well thank you everyone, youve all made me spend about 5000 on a new turbo kit..i originally wanted a supercharger, but i figured itd cost me about 5000 for everything i wanted to make it to around 250hp, and ive also heard turbokits can be more reliable
Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Drummer829
well thank you everyone, youve all made me spend about 5000 on a new turbo kit..i originally wanted a supercharger, but i figured itd cost me about 5000 for everything i wanted to make it to around 250hp, and ive also heard turbokits can be more reliable
Buy a Dezod kit tomorrow, and Tell Paul, Chris says he turned another one.

Paul will help you with any decision you need to make, give him a call. Won't regret it.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well FYI when it comes to #'s there will be pleanty of variables. Temp, dyno, ETC. So just in case the #'s arent wat u expect dont be disappointed. Unless it WAYYY off

I ususally always chime into these and will cntinue to say Tnetics FTW. over 30 K and 1yr+ and not a problem. I am a auto also.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

@8.5psi, more accurate average numbers for a turbotoyotas stage 1 kit would be around the 325whp range. i'd say it's a choice between dezod and turbotoyotas. i love my TT kit, i just need to get it tuned
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hes an auto nubers are lower than that...
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
indeed. Can't wait.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have Turbonetics kit with upgraded turbo (cooled) and I have the Greddy E-manage as piggy-back. It is great. Works fine. Great hoserpower feel. i believe its all in preference. Whatever you feel you want to do. Some kits are just so you can throw on and feel comfortable with somewhat. And some kits are for throwing and upgrading for a lot of horsepower.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm looking also for VERY reliable kit. I'm going to keep the tc for a long while (atleast 5-6 years) and need something that will last with the proper amount of maintenance. I'm not going to be tracking the car every weekend or anything, i just want a little more pep as a daily driver. No abuse as I don't rip to red line every day of the week. I'm just not sure what to pick right now
Old 02-13-2008, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
I'm looking also for VERY reliable kit. I'm going to keep the tc for a long while (atleast 5-6 years) and need something that will last with the proper amount of maintenance. I'm not going to be tracking the car every weekend or anything, i just want a little more pep as a daily driver. No abuse as I don't rip to red line every day of the week. I'm just not sure what to pick right now
Dezod all the way, customer service second to none.
TurboToyotas being my second choice. A great kit.

My kit is for sale in my signature you will need a few other things to make it work for the '06
Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^ NOOOO!!! Tnetics... then dezod LOL guru y we always end up on these threads??
Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
oh, good point haha... well the numbers won't really be lower than a 5spd @ 8.5psi... he'll just be running much less boost.. probably more like 5-6 psi

Quick Reply: scion tc turbonetics kit