Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

scion tc turbonetics kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I run 8.5 PSI and most auto's do and only get 200-240WHP from all Ive seen. The tranny difference makes a big differnce
Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
I run 8.5 PSI and most auto's do and only get 200-240WHP from all Ive seen. The tranny difference makes a big differnce
that's weird. aren't you running turbonetics, though? do they have different components for their auto vs. their manual kits? granted, there is more drivetrain loss in autos compared to manuals, but the percentage should not be nearly enough to drop a 325whp TurboToyotas kit to 270whp or w/e. the only thing i can think of that would cause power differences of that magnitude are either 1. different components resulting in a more conservative overall kit or 2. less boost along with a conservative tune. i'm just speaking in terms of TurboToyotas, though, not Tnetics. And we all know that the stock tranny will not handle 325whp anyway, so its a moot point in the end.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yea the auto tranny can only take 250WHP before it begins to slip (again varies on dyno's) So I wouldnt see any one buying a TT kit if it made more. From wat ive seen from dezod to greddy to tnetics is they all average 200-240 WHP,
Old 02-13-2008, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea the auto tranny can only take 250WHP before it begins to slip (again varies on dyno's) So I wouldnt see any one buying a TT kit if it made more. From wat ive seen from dezod to greddy to tnetics is they all average 200-240 WHP,
Somewhere around there, sometimes more.

JrodtC made 260whp with his treadstone setup at 8 psi I believe.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That y I said average so I cant get called out :D Wat I like to see i 1/4mile times. My car has run a .1xx slower than another auto turbo TC with 30-40WHP more than me, and my car was fully loaded.(according to our #'s) that y I could care less about the dyno numbers.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll I got to say about DEZOD righht now is YOU SUCK!!!I'm sure you have heard of Paul from socal blowing his motor after he took it to arizona to have dezod west install it
!!! Now my boy is out of a motor becasue dezod thought it would be a good idea to throw on a base map that was on a different car, then tells my boy ot go drive home in it!!!NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!Blew the motor at 4500 rpm!!! He is now out 3 grand replacing the motor! Dezod did not even compensate him for anything !!!By the way he drove out from san deigo clifornia to have this kits installed by dezod west, because he felt more comforable dealing witht the actual company that sells this stuff, but I guess that was a false hope! Turbonetics FTW!!!!!

Anyways I'v'e vented for him, he will post his experience up on here in a couple of days! we where just waiting to see what dezod was going to do for him before we started bashing on there company. But they didn't do anything!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SLIVER007
I'll I got to say about DEZOD righht now is YOU SUCK!!!I'm sure you have heard of Paul from socal blowing his motor after he took it to arizona to have dezod west install it
!!! Now my boy is out of a motor becasue dezod thought it would be a good idea to throw on a base map that was on a different car, then tells my boy ot go drive home in it!!!NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!Blew the motor at 4500 rpm!!! He is now out 3 grand replacing the motor! Dezod did not even compensate him for anything !!!By the way he drove out from san deigo clifornia to have this kits installed by dezod west, because he felt more comforable dealing witht the actual company that sells this stuff, but I guess that was a false hope! Turbonetics FTW!!!!!

Anyways I'v'e vented for him, he will post his experience up on here in a couple of days! we where just waiting to see what dezod was going to do for him before we started bashing on there company. But they didn't do anything!!!
This was not the place nor the time for that Jason, as you know. As far as I know, there hasn't been a reason why the engine blew, it could have been numerous things.. Motors can pop at anytime, whether it be turbo'd, supercharged, or just simply NA. To compare, I know of quite a few more engine problems with the Turbonetics including a few blown motors, compared to this incident with Paul. Also seals with the Turbonetics turbo's are known to blow, but they can go at anytime with any turbo, don't get me wrong. Do not get me wrong, Turbonetics is still a great company and produces a good product as well. I have had my kit on for quite some time and running strong, as well as many others with a Dezod kit. I know you stand behind your Turbonetics kit, as well you should, its a great kit. With all that said, please do research before you purchase your turbo kit.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think it wasnt kit error ,it was installer error. i wouldnt even have bagged on the dezod kit. As for the tnetics turbo issues they have taken care of most the issues with the wtercooled turbo and the new downpipes.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it wasnt kit error ,it was installer error. i wouldnt even have bagged on the dezod kit. As for the tnetics turbo issues they have taken care of most the issues with the wtercooled turbo and the new downpipes.
I do agree that most issues have been resolved with the T-netics kit.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

IMHO these kinda thread are pointless ,how many of them have there been latley? The fact is most ppl will stand by their kit or wat they already plan on getting. I know ppl just want help but searching would go a long way compared to ppl going back and forth about kits. You'll get more answers from research. Take ur time learn the facts then boost. Those are just my thoughts
Old 02-13-2008, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMHO these kinda thread are pointless ,how many of them have there been latley? The fact is most ppl will stand by their kit or wat they already plan on getting. I know ppl just want help but searching would go a long way compared to ppl going back and forth about kits. You'll get more answers from research. Take ur time learn the facts then boost. Those are just my thoughts
I agree 100%
Old 02-13-2008, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok well is there anything you can do to lessen the chance of your engine blowing after you get the turbo installed
Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

hey Jaxtcracer.....do u have 325hp w/ ur turbo only or anyother modifications are made??
Old 02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsingh
hey Jaxtcracer.....do u have 325hp w/ ur turbo only or anyother modifications are made??
once i get a good tune, i'm expecting 300whp or maybe a tad more. i'm running it at 7.25psi, though. i also have a full turboback exhaust. 325whp is a realistic goal if you're running the stage 1 TT kit at 8-9 psi. i believe Mr. Meaty was able to get somewhere around 330ish whp at 8psi when he was getting his car tuned; granted, his tuner couldn't figure out how to make the car run smoothly on that tune, but i'm sure a tuner more familiar with the tC would have less of a problem.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's all about what your looking for. I was looking for a kit that would get me to 300whp max with a good warranty. I wanted bead rolled powder coated piping. I wanted a recirculated BOV and wastegate. Nice looking intercooler and engine bay. Also a good EMS that is reliable and does not lose its tune. Very big factor was the fact that I did not want to dick around for 6 months chasing down parts that come in 1 at a time like what most others experience. I ordered the kit on a Monday and installed by Sunday. That is why I got the Tnetics kit. The kit fit my needs. I've been running for about a year and a half now at 9 PSI. Car is quick and runs nice.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This was not the place nor the time for that Jason, as you know. As far as I know, there hasn't been a reason why the engine blew, it could have been numerous things.. Motors can pop at anytime, whether it be turbo'd, supercharged, or just simply NA.
I'll let him tell his story! Gotta be far to everyone chris, not everyone has had a great experience such as you with dezod! If it was you loosing 4 grand to replace a motor in this situation you would not talk like that, Please have some consideration,Paul did not deserve the treatment he recieved!

Why dont you go read the socal thread about it chris!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SLIVER007
This was not the place nor the time for that Jason, as you know. As far as I know, there hasn't been a reason why the engine blew, it could have been numerous things.. Motors can pop at anytime, whether it be turbo'd, supercharged, or just simply NA.
I'll let him tell his story! Gotta be far to everyone chris, not everyone has had a great experience such as you with dezod! If it was you loosing 4 grand to replace a motor in this situation you would not talk like that, Please have some consideration,Paul did not deserve the treatment he recieved!

Why dont you go read the socal thread about it chris!
I have read the thread on SoCal and I do understand, have him create a thread.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok back to my question, is there anything you can do to reduce the chance of the engine blowing?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Proper install, tune, tranny cooler, keep up with oil changes and regular maintanance....its pretty much and simple as that... oh and dont beat on it TOO much
Old 02-13-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what would be considering "beating" on it

Quick Reply: scion tc turbonetics kit