Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ScionGT35R 476whp@19psi pics all over

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Today I finally finished the install of the new fuel system.

The two pumps in the tank work like a charm and they can barely be heard inside the cabin. I am confident the new setup sounds the same if not less than the old setup .

Fuel pressure was the same regardless of the two pumps in the tank. As I said before the pumps are now wired to an additional relay wired right next to the pumps. The new relay receives power directly from the battery and has a 30 AMP fuse inline to protect everything. The OEM relay is still in use and it powers the new Pumps relay so it all works like stock!

A lot of time was spent today going over some details that were overlooked before. It consumed a couple of hours but was well past due!! After everything was checking OK we started to tune the car:.. at last ...

Running the car at WOT at about 11.6 AFR was easy at the boost levels we are running.

Today the problem was the idle...... The car was idling good before taking it out from the garage. As soon as we hit some boost we began having problems with the idle. The car simply wont idle after boosting if we pressed the clutch or if we stopped!! It was very aggravating seeing the car run fine at WOT but not being able to idle at all. After looking at the e-Manage Ultimate logs I finally narrowed it to the AFM reading differently after boosting the engine. It turns out that our new 4" intake to the turbo is making the AFM have trouble stabilizing the voltage reading so the ecu goes crazy going rich and suddenly lean and the engine dies.
To fix the problem I used one of the features of the Ultimate that is called ANTI ENGINE STALL SETTING!! What it does is replace the AFM signal to the ecu while at idle using the parameters you input. I am using it to send a fixed voltage to the ecu all the time so the idle is controlled. Engine is running fine and the idle is good.

My new problem is the fuel rail which began leaking fuel for the third time so I will need to fix that problem tomorrow and hope it never leaks again !!

Pito
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Tienes un likeo en tu flauta Pito. Ve al doctor antes de q se te ponga mas grave.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep us posted ... good info as usual
Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enrique9876
keep us posted ... good info as usual
Thanks. I would have posted a picture or two but.... the chrome HKS turbo cover came loose from one of it screws and it looks sideways in the picture. ScionGT35R could kill me if I post a picture of something that looks bad and is easy to fix .....

Pito
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a question actually... can you use (or do you think you can use) the factory fuel feed line into the fpr and use braided line from there out or do you think you should replace the factory feed?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a question actually... can you use (or do you think you can use) the factory fuel feed line into the fpr and use braided line from there out or do you think you should replace the factory feed?
Please can you re-phrase the question or explain what you want to do because I didn't get what you asked there....

Pito
Old 11-26-2007, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
To fix the problem I used one of the features of the Ultimate that is called ANTI ENGINE STALL SETTING!! What it does is replace the AFM signal to the ecu while at idle using the parameters you input.

Pito
I have a question regarding this ^^^isn't this the same feature used to stabilize idle on MAF sensor equipped cars when trying to run an atmospheric dumped BOV?

also are you running the E-ultimate off the stock primary O2 sensor or the AME?

i ask because i have an "HKS Super AFR" that has a similar feature called "EIDS" as in Electronic Idle stabilization. i'm trying to see if this will work on my car.

also Pito do you know if the TC's MAF sensor is of rising (0-5) voltage OR dropping (5-0) voltage?
its also NOT a speed-density system correct?

sorry for the barrage of questions but its hard to find info like this.
appreciated!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:45 AM
SL Member

looks great man...keep us updated

Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pito... look at you go!!!

if i were you, i would a 3bar map sensor and tune off ofboost instead of the factory maf. intake pipes to the turbo larger than 2.5" will give you problems at after a certain power level. my wifes car has a 3" pipe, but were have it tuned to 300whp at 8psi. i tuned it off the maf, but i will be switching to a 3bar map sensor in the spring when i shoot for 350whp.

also... that fuel set up is exactly what i had in mind! i'm so glad you did it before i started mine, bc there was some things that i would have overlooked, or not took into consideration.

i'm saving all the pics you post of the fuel related stuff so when i get around to installing mine, i'll kinda have a "follow the picture" install..lol
Old 11-26-2007, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

n a side note.... Tulsa, OK tax is 8.157%

and Roberto.... how you gonna go and put nitrous on your car when you blew the intake manifold apart with like 10psi of boost
Old 11-26-2007, 09:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mugetsu
To fix the problem I used one of the features of the Ultimate that is called ANTI ENGINE STALL SETTING!! What it does is replace the AFM signal to the ecu while at idle using the parameters you input.

Pito
I have a question regarding this ^^^isn't this the same feature used to stabilize idle on MAF sensor equipped cars when trying to run an atmospheric dumped BOV?

also are you running the E-ultimate off the stock primary O2 sensor or the AME?

i ask because i have an "HKS Super AFR" that has a similar feature called "EIDS" as in Electronic Idle stabilization. i'm trying to see if this will work on my car.

also Pito do you know if the TC's MAF sensor is of rising (0-5) voltage OR dropping (5-0) voltage?
its also NOT a speed-density system correct?

sorry for the barrage of questions but its hard to find info like this.
appreciated!

I'm pretty sure is a rising Voltage sensor.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pito
I have a question regarding this ^^^isn't this the same feature used to stabilize idle on MAF sensor equipped cars when trying to run an atmospheric dumped BOV?....
MAF and AFM are the same thing and we are running atmospheric dumped BOV. So it means it's the exact same feature!!!
....also are you running the E-ultimate off the stock primary O2 sensor or the AME?.....
I am not runing the Ultimate from any of the engine O2 sensors!!
What is AME???
.....i ask because i have an "HKS Super AFR" that has a similar feature called "EIDS" as in Electronic Idle stabilization. i'm trying to see if this will work on my car......
From what you describe it sounds like it should.
.....also Pito do you know if the TC's MAF sensor is of rising (0-5) voltage OR dropping (5-0) voltage?
its also NOT a speed-density system correct?....
As soros151 said: it is a 0-5v rising voltage setup and is not speed density.
....sorry for the barrage of questions but its hard to find info like this.
appreciated!....
No problem. I will reply as long as I know the answers !!

Pito
Old 11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
pito... look at you go!!!

if i were you, i would a 3bar map sensor and tune off ofboost instead of the factory maf. intake pipes to the turbo larger than 2.5" will give you problems at after a certain power level. my wifes car has a 3" pipe, but were have it tuned to 300whp at 8psi. i tuned it off the maf, but i will be switching to a 3bar map sensor in the spring when i shoot for 350whp.

also... that fuel set up is exactly what i had in mind! i'm so glad you did it before i started mine, bc there was some things that i would have overlooked, or not took into consideration.

i'm saving all the pics you post of the fuel related stuff so when i get around to installing mine, i'll kinda have a "follow the picture" install..lol
We have the Greddy MAP sensor along with the MAF! That is what we used to tune this engine before and since it was working fine I didn't had any plans for changing although I might try to tune it using the MAP alone soon to see if it works!!

Pito
Old 11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i meant was....

did you replace or reuse the fuel line running from the tank-to-STOCK fuel rail in your new setup. IF you replaced it was it: because you arent allowed to use the factory line in a high boost, large injector application OR did you just want a thicker gauge line for more flow?

hopefully this cleared it up for you ...imaginate si hasta yo se que dificil es hablar en una lengua que no es de uno
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JedAdams1908

dont listen to this guy... hes a

its about time you make a debut on this forum.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i meant was....

did you replace or reuse the fuel line running from the tank-to-STOCK fuel rail in your new setup. IF you replaced it was it: because you arent allowed to use the factory line in a high boost, large injector application OR did you just want a thicker gauge line for more flow?

hopefully this cleared it up for you ...imaginate si hasta yo se que dificil es hablar en una lengua que no es de uno
Ok I get it now . On the old setup we used the stock line and added a -6 line to be used as fuel return. There is no problem with that line (OEM feed line) and high boost as I think it will flow enough fuel for 500hp with a good fuel pump.
We did replace the line with a bigger one ( -8 ) because we are now using two in-tank pumps and the size of the stock line will limit the volume of fuel we plan to use. In short: we replaced the line because of the two parallel pumps in the tank and not because of bigger injectors, high boost or line longevity.

Pito
Old 11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pito you are the man! thank you so much for your answers!

Sorry for that one fugged up question, i realized afterwards that most EMS do not read off the 02 but off the MAF/MAP.

I also mis-spelled "AEM" my bad.

that does bring up a question thought, how do basic AFR/AFC's like the HKS and A'pexi read AFRs from the TC, what with its funky "primary O2" not putting out a standard signal?

thanks again for the answers Pito!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pito you are the man! thank you so much for your answers!

Sorry for that one fugged up question, i realized afterwards that most EMS do not read off the 02 but off the MAF/MAP.

I also mis-spelled "AEM" my bad...
No problem my friend!

.....that does bring up a question thought, how do basic AFR/AFC's like the HKS and A'pexi read AFRs from the TC, what with its funky "primary O2" not putting out a standard signal?
thanks again for the answers Pito!
I have not worked with the HKS and A'pexi units but my guess is that they probably cannot read the stock tC O2 sensor without any additional box or adapter.

Pito
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
n a side note.... Tulsa, OK tax is 8.157%

and Roberto.... how you gonna go and put nitrous on your car when you blew the intake manifold apart with like 10psi of boost
Thats true!!!!Thats why we make another stronger one
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by JedAdams1908

dont listen to this guy... hes a

its about time you make a debut on this forum.
oh word...???

Quick Reply: ScionGT35R 476whp@19psi pics all over