Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ScionGT35R 476whp@19psi pics all over

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
works with DBW but cannot control DBW
What is that term DBW ?
please be kind to write the whole word thanks.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

DBW = Drive by Wire!!

YAY!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
on hydra's site it's 1700$ for the scion tc... works with DBW it's got my money all over it.
Hydra has an application for the Scion tC. They have made standalone's that control the DBW but the Scion tC IS NOT ONE OF THEM. The Hydra connects to the tC in the same way as the AEM EMS that DEZOD offers: parallel to the stock ecu!

The Hydra EMS is NOT that cheaper than the DEZOD AEM EMS! . The Hydra has the "Auto-tune" option which is very useful but IS NOT included in the $1700 base price. You have to add that option to the cost because the Hydra is not compatible with any other Wideband air/fuel ratio unit on the market. The cost of the Wideband option is $395!
Last I checked with the Hydra you have to tune with the internal MAP sensor which is a 3 bar MAP (30psi) and to this day you cannot change it. That is a very big problem if you want to push the limits like we do as we probably will end up pushing more than 30 psi to the engine .

The problem with the AEM Honda unit in other applications is configuring the hardware to work correctly. Dezod has already done that. The rest is working with the software and tuning the engine which is easier and more user friendly with the AEM EMS software!

I checked the specs of both units a couple of months ago and I decided to go the AEM route with a customer car (2007 tC with Turbonetics kit) that I am working now.

The Hydra is getting very popular here in Puerto Rico but I still lean towards the AEM.

Pito
Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
Originally Posted by mikescion
on hydra's site it's 1700$ for the scion tc... works with DBW it's got my money all over it.
Hydra has an application for the Scion tC. They have made standalone's that control the DBW but the Scion tC IS NOT ONE OF THEM. The Hydra connects to the tC in the same way as the AEM EMS that DEZOD offers: parallel to the stock ecu!

The Hydra EMS is NOT that cheaper than the DEZOD AEM EMS! . The Hydra has the "Auto-tune" option which is very useful but IS NOT included in the $1700 base price. You have to add that option to the cost because the Hydra is not compatible with any other Wideband air/fuel ratio unit on the market. The cost of the Wideband option is $395!
Last I checked with the Hydra you have to tune with the internal MAP sensor which is a 3 bar MAP (30psi) and to this day you cannot change it. That is a very big problem if you want to push the limits like we do as we probably will end up pushing more than 30 psi to the engine .

The problem with the AEM Honda unit in other applications is configuring the hardware to work correctly. Dezod has already done that. The rest is working with the software and tuning the engine which is easier and more user friendly with the AEM EMS software!

I checked the specs of both units a couple of months ago and I decided to go the AEM route with a customer car (2007 tC with Turbonetics kit) that I am working now.

The Hydra is getting very popular here in Puerto Rico but I still lean towards the AEM.

Pito
Wow!!!I my mechanic!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

good info....
Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

When I spoke to Andrew over at hydra. I believe they were working on a couple of things for the future upgrade of the firmware on the hydra to resolve a couple of problems, and better integration with the scion. Its not quite the giant that AEM is yet, but i'm sure given a few more upgrades it'll be right up there. I'm building my engine, i'm sure 3bar max is more than enough for my taste lol. Whats the max you can go on the AEM?

Everything mecanica_pito said was true. Knowledgeable mechanic/tuner lol. Move to miami, bro! =)
Old 02-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Pito,

i wanted to ask you in regards to the Treadstone Turbo Kit. I recently bought me the kit, and an Unichip to control it. Have u, or anyone, come accross a mapping for the Treadstone Kit one for 8or9 psi, and the other for maybe 15psi? i'm asking cause its my goal to see if i can reach the 330whp. please let me know buddy.

att: Un Boricua de Catano PR...
Old 02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ippskidder
When I spoke to Andrew over at hydra. I believe they were working on a couple of things for the future upgrade of the firmware on the hydra to resolve a couple of problems, and better integration with the scion. Its not quite the giant that AEM is yet, but i'm sure given a few more upgrades it'll be right up there. I'm building my engine, i'm sure 3bar max is more than enough for my taste lol. Whats the max you can go on the AEM?
Everything mecanica_pito said was true. Knowledgeable mechanic/tuner lol. Move to miami, bro! =)
No problem!
If it wasn't because Dezod took the time to design the AEM EMS modified for the tC I would have gone Hydra. I have already modified an AEM Honda EMS to work with my SR20DE-T Nissan engine and I swear I am not doing it again for any car that has other options!

The AEM works with any MAP sensor of any brand. Typical MAP sensor used for boost is the AEM 3.5 BAR (36psi) but the 5 BAR (60psi) is common and widely used!

Pito
Old 02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DarthRevan
Hey Pito,
i wanted to ask you in regards to the Treadstone Turbo Kit. I recently bought me the kit, and an Unichip to control it. Have u, or anyone, come accross a mapping for the Treadstone Kit one for 8or9 psi, and the other for maybe 15psi? i'm asking cause its my goal to see if i can reach the 330whp. please let me know buddy.
att: Un Boricua de Catano PR...
I would love to program the Unichip but I haven't tuned with it because I don't have the software to do that ! Apparently it is only available to authorized Unichip tuners. The Scion tC I am working on now has a Turbonetics kit with the Unichip but since I don't have the software and nobody I know does, we switched to the AEM.

Hopefully I will start that car next week!
If someone is interested we are going to sell the Unichip that came with the kit for a reasonable amount!

Pito
Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

No problem!
If it wasn't because Dezod took the time to design the AEM EMS modified for the tC I would have gone Hydra. I have already modified an AEM Honda EMS to work with my SR20DE-T Nissan engine and I swear I am not doing it again for any car that has other options!

The AEM works with any MAP sensor of any brand. Typical MAP sensor used for boost is the AEM 3.5 BAR (36psi) but the 5 BAR (60psi) is common and widely used!

Pito
I have a gt3575. If i were to theoretically get to 43.512psi on a built engine to handle it. What whp do you think I would be looking at? Silly question I know. But just a theoretical answer would be enough
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

No problem!

Pito
1 Bar = 14.5 psi
Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
1 Bar = 14.5 psi
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The math in your last 2 posts is wrong. You put 3 Bar (30 PSI), 3.5 Bar (36 PSI), and 5 Bar (60 PSI). If you're talking about barometric pressure vs pounds per square inch (metric vs SAE), Then is should be 3 Bar (43.5 PSI), 3.5 Bar (50.75 PSI), 5 Bar (72.5 PSI).
Old 02-14-2008, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

1 Bar = 14.5 psi
If you want to be more precise its actually 14.504psi

soooooo technically the hydra can only handle up to 3 bar = 43.512psi

Daymm, thats a lot >.<
Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

1 Bar = 14.5 psi

Daymm, thats a lot >.<
Actually it's 14.5037738 PSI

I usually just do 14.7, since atmospheric pressure is 14.7, it made things easier to just call AP 1 Bar.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

1 Bar = 14.5 psi

Daymm, thats a lot >.<

I usually just do 14.7, since atmospheric pressure is 14.7, it made things easier to just call AP 1 Bar.
I'm gonna have to remember that number 14.5037738 lol.
It crossed my mind, as I was typing it. I wonder if that # extends to more decimals. I guess it does.

All this #'s talk, remind me of Pi, 2.14159, or 22/7, blah. lol
Old 02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

1 Bar = 14.5 psi

Daymm, thats a lot >.<
I was just about to say this but it looks like you guys got it covered :p
Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

It nice to so know we have so much knowledge on scionlife ^^
It hard sometimes to filter out the bs though, hahaha.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

1 Bar = 14.5 psi

Daymm, thats a lot >.<

I'm gonna have to remember that number 14.5037738 lol.
It crossed my mind, as I was typing it. I wonder if that # extends to more decimals. I guess it does.

All this #'s talk, remind me of Pi, 2.14159, or 22/7, blah. lol
Haha, I wouldn't doubt if it goes a few more, that's what came up on Google conversions. My Mac Gadgets just show it as 14.504, same as Wikipedia.

Quick Reply: ScionGT35R 476whp@19psi pics all over