Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ScionGT35R 476whp@19psi pics all over

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
Originally Posted by Mugetsu
Hey GT35R you could still keep that type of finish on the edges but you would need your fabricator to double weld it.
on the "inside" and out side of the manifold.
of course the final panel would be impossible to weld on the inside BUT you could ask the finisher to leave those 2 welds alone and have them be the ones facing down towards the ground.
Yes it can be welded from the inside. Even more now that he has an opening of about 14" x 5" !!

I already took the manifold to the fabricator to be welded in the inside and on the outside. As you said the only panel with welds only on the outside will be the back one (last to be installed).
Today I had to listen again to the speech that the fabricator gave me because of the grinding of the welds by the polishing guy. Thank god it was only the fourth or fifth time he gave me the speech since yesterday at 1:00 PM !!

As a side note I was informed today about the more than a few Magnus Intake manifolds that had blown apart on Mitsubishi engines .

The manifold will be here on Tuesday and I plan to install it without being polished because the polishing can take about a week to complete (it is polished by hand) and I don't have the time to wait for it. I have another tC waiting for an engine and I only have a one car garage. Even my own car sleeps outside this days !

Pito
That's a damn shame having you're car be neglected. I do understand though..if you're car gets jealous and needs to leave..just let me know.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Intake Manifold was fixed and I installed it back in the car yesterday !

Pito
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What about the fuel pump???
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah... what about the fuel pump...lol.

I've been emailing Roberto for updates..lol
Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

yeah what they said! heh.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump for an update!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just talk with Pito and he is working with the fuel pump rigth now. As always he will post an update later today.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ can you talk about what you know about the stock fuel pump compared to the singular install of the one you are using? I surely do not need 2 pumps ... but I was wondering how much of a need it would be for me. Can you give me some details so I can make the right call? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
^ can you talk about what you know about the stock fuel pump compared to the singular install of the one you are using? I surely do not need 2 pumps ... but I was wondering how much of a need it would be for me. Can you give me some details so I can make the right call? Thanks.
I will try. It's my best understand that you could use 1 until +/- 500whp. In my case we are trying to go a little higher than that. You could use a inline fuel pump like Aeromotive A1000 but I think they are too noisy so I prefer to use 2 Walbros in parallel and a bigger fuel line like Pito suggest. Respect to the oem fuel pump, the walbro can be heared on the outside but inside the car you can't notice the diference. Besides that it feels exactly the same also the walbro fit perfectly were the oem one was. Did I answer your question???
Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ almost. But will the new pump benefit me or should I stick w/ the OEM? The actual question I am trying to conclude with is, "what profile car does the new pump benefit and who should just stay w/ the stock pump?"
Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ScionGT35R
I will try. It's my best understand that you could use 1 until +/- 500whp. In my case we are trying to go a little higher than that. You could use a inline fuel pump like Aeromotive A1000 but I think they are too noisy so I prefer to use 2 Walbros in parallel and a bigger fuel line like Pito suggest. Respect to the oem fuel pump, the walbro can be heared on the outside but inside the car you can't notice the diference. Besides that it feels exactly the same also the walbro fit perfectly were the oem one was. Did I answer your question???
I remember when I dropped my walbro 255/lr pump in my xB that thing was noisy as hell...Im gonna hafta assume with 2 in there, it will be a noticeable difference in sound
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I remember when I dropped my walbro 255/lr pump in my xB that thing was noisy as hell...Im gonna hafta assume with 2 in there, it will be a noticeable difference in sound
I can't hear it inside the car. As I said before. I don't know with 2 but I will let you guys know.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ almost. But will the new pump benefit me or should I stick w/ the OEM? The actual question I am trying to conclude with is, "what profile car does the new pump benefit and who should just stay w/ the stock pump?"
If your car still have the whp that it's on your signature I don't think you need one. You could keep the oem!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
yeah... what about the fuel pump...lol.

I've been emailing Roberto for updates..lol
Roberto has been calling me for updates too!!!!!!!!

I removed the fuel unit and discarded the part of it where the OEM pump goes so I end up with the sending unit alone. Like this.....

Both pumps together can fit side by side in the space available . I am going to build an aluminum fuel block which will directly connect to the fuel pumps forming a "Y". I am building this block because the available "Y" 's are too long for fitting them in the space available.
This is a mock-up of the block that I built using a spare block of plastic...

On the inside it will look as you can see on this diagram....

I will try to finish the block tomorrow as I am leaving for work now !!!

Pito
Old 11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WoWWWWWWWWWW. You are amazing Pito!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Doin it Supra style......TWIN PUMPS!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dang, that looks beautiful.... I'm gonna cry...
Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If your car still have the whp that it's on your signature I don't think you need one. You could keep the oem!!!!!!
Im planning for another stage of mods that im hoping to get done around march of next year depending on the weather. But i have been planned every upgrade I have completed since I bought the car .... too many people are working on the tC to not ask questions about mods. I post a lot about things I have learned but also post a lot when I have questions about specific issues (which is why i have a bunch of posts under my name). You guys are doing a lot of cool work.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I can't hear it inside the car. As I said before. I don't know with 2 but I will let you guys know.
I think I heard the whine from my setup a lil more cause there might be less sound deadening in the xB Gen1's...the tC is much more of a solid built car so I can understand why you can hear it from the outside but not in the cabin...interesting twin pump setup pito...I have a question for you though...is there anything you plan on doing to remove the static in tank regulator? I cant see pictures here at work because of the web blocker so excuse my question if its already been addressed. That was an issue I ran into when I did the return line setup on my boosted xB...I had the aeromotive adjustable 1:1FPR, perrin fuel rail, walbro 255 etc for my return setup, but the in tank regulator would not allow for more than 45-48 psi of fuel pressure. With it completely removed, the pump will not flow at all. I have heard of using a ball bearing blockoff to replace the in tank reg with, and at that point, fuel pressure is whatever you desire it to be
Old 11-14-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now thats what i'm talking about!!!!!!! Pito is GOD!! and you got a pm my man =)

Quick Reply: ScionGT35R 476whp@19psi pics all over