Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

SCIONGT35R Custom Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
lets see more resent pics
The IM it's been polished among some other parts and the engine it's still at the machine shop until saturday. I will post more pics a soon as I get the parts back.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 AM

the reason mine says that i cant decide which one is better and also which one performs better and dont say im fired alright and who ever said that is a dee dee dee
Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 750HPTC
the reason mine says that i cant decide which one is better and also which one performs better and dont say im fired alright and who ever said that is a dee dee dee
Read again. I'm not firing you!!! I want you to be my new mechanic!!! It was Pito the one that I fired!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:56 PM

So SCIONGT35R u want me to be ur mechanic and also when will the intake manifold be out for the scion tc because nobody has one besides the SCIONGT35R and are they willing to ship to the us.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So SCIONGT35R u want me to be ur mechanic and also when will the intake manifold be out for the scion tc because nobody has one besides the SCIONGT35R and are they willing to ship to the us.
]

There it's a few of us that had custom IM like 318TC and some others. I think his was made by TurboToyotas so maybe they could make you one. In the other hand if you like ours.....we could make you one and of course we could ship it to you by UPS ground!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionGT35R
]

There it's a few of us that had custom IM like 318TC and some others. I think his was made by TurboToyotas so maybe they could make you one. In the other hand if you like ours.....we could make you one and of course we could ship it to you by UPS ground!!!!
So how does that UPS ground from Puerto Rico to Newton, PA work?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
]

Submarine. Duh.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
]

I ask the same when I hear it for first time. But they actually have a service that they call like that. I guess they want people to understand that it's a cheap way to ship to PR. I don't really care I just know that works.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 AM

so what else will be in SCIONGT35R's motor for as parts go and the same external besides the im
Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what else will be in SCIONGT35R's motor for as parts go and the same external besides the im
Just a couple of other things !!!

We will see some progress next week as we didn't received all the parts we where expecting today.
Anyway we will post a new thread for the build as this thread is only about the Intake Manifold. Just trying to keep things in order and within the thread title so it is usefull for those that actually use the search function

Pito
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

also put links here so we see the other posts
Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As you request...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=197439
Old 10-23-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^wow - good job!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
Originally Posted by flint_08
Confirmation. I'm hard.

Question though ... like the gentleman above said, because of the design is there much turbulence?
It will be difficult to know. I do know some turbulence may help with the atomization once the fuel is added to the air charge.

We also didn't wanted to have the regular rounded plenum and this design also allowed us to achieve a plenum with a higher volume.

Pito
This will help none with atomization of fuel considering the fuel is added post manifold. The size of the manifold would help greatly with FI cars but would suffer on NA car due to the short 3-4 runners. I like to see the velocity ports though. that is what i have done on mine but mine are a little different for better flow and less turbulance. Turbulance is never good when it comes to flow and performance on an engine. Turbulance is a lack of flow.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbogsxr750
This will help none with atomization of fuel considering the fuel is added post manifold...
If the air going to the port is spinning it WILL help in making the A/F mixture more uniform so it can burn better in the combustion chamber. It won't be much but it will.
...The size of the manifold would help greatly with FI cars but would suffer on NA car due to the short 3-4 runners....
Yep, I know! After all this manifold is going to a FI car.
I like to see the velocity ports though. that is what i have done on mine but mine are a little different for better flow and less turbulance. Turbulance is never good when it comes to flow and performance on an engine. Turbulance is a lack of flow.
To answer this I will quote yourself from another thread...
......The results on a flow bench were great. The results on a dyno not so much....
On another note: the shape of the plenum was the result of trying to fit a large sized plenum to a very limited space (very little space available from firewall to the cylinder head ). If space was not a problem the plenum would have been different.

Pito
Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is only to update the thread with the latest pictures of the Intake Manifold after being hand polished by a local guy. The fuel rail was also polished and they both received some sort of treatment (or clear coat) that I don't really know much about that is supposed to keep the polished parts looking the same without the need to maintain it.

Also today I finished port matching the Intake Manifold to the cylinder head ports.

Pito
Old 10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

OH boy - looks nice. The clear coat I would assume keeps it from turning colors and getting dull. With a shiny finish like that it really would be sweet if it stays that nice.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:48 AM
SL Member

Could you make a intake manifold that is more efficient for a supercharged scion tc?? that utilizes stock mounting positions of the throttle body and uses the stock throttle body??
Old 12-25-2007, 12:49 AM
SL Member

send me a pm when you have the answer to my questions. I've been thinking about stealth street concepts but they seem to be having inconsistencies in whether they will produce a supercharger intake manifold
Old 12-25-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMscionTC85
send me a pm when you have the answer to my questions. I've been thinking about stealth street concepts but they seem to be having inconsistencies in whether they will produce a supercharger intake manifold
I hate to say it but if you do a little searching you can find someone to custom make one for you. The thing is with the supercharger an aluminum intake manifold isn't really need so I don't see anyone making it for the supercharger specifically.

Quick Reply: SCIONGT35R Custom Intake Manifold