Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

should i go for the trd supercharger?....i got a automatic

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guys i would go turbo but the supercharger will have the warrentie and i gotta have that i mean a brand new car with the 6 year warrentie it would be retarded to not go with the supercharger im 16 i got a dad and hes deffently not goign to let me get something that price without that huge warrentie!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would just do normal bolt on mods then. I took a ride in a auto s/c tC about a month ago. My POS beater car could keep up with it. Its prolly one of the worst bangs for buck out there right now.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion07
ya im looking for car to be quick when someone rolls up i want them to look at my car and think its a slow 4 cylinder then blow em away i will be abe to beat most cars around here im just living in a random city in ohio most cars only run mid 14s and for the supercharger fitting on 07 im sure it will be out by spring and thats when im looking to throw it in there but not sure if i should.....anyone know how much it would cost to change it up to a 5 speed just the stock tranny my dad bought the car without me having much choice so i got the automatic sucks for me i guess then again i kinda think i might get tired of stick after driving it for a while

but is IS a slow 4 cylinder car.. an econobox to say the least... stop trying to race with it... you're only 16
Old 10-26-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya atleast im not one of those 16 year olds that think its fast...a lot of my friends are like that i dunno im happy with the car u guys make me feel retarded thanks ha
Old 10-26-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i think there should be a law to how powerful you car can be for your age. i started with a 95 ford explorer in rough shape, taught me to stay alert and give myself lots of room to brake. youngsters who get nice cars tend to wreck them cause they don't know how to handle their car. they race everything with wheels. don't understand right of way. all kids should start out with something like a chevy aveo since you couldn't beat an old diesel vw golf or something.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It sounds like you have your mind made up already. Yes, the S/C and engine both have the warranty. The thing I'm trying to help people to realize is that the S/C problems aren't isolated, rare cases nor are the problems caused by any specific modificaion. For example, I know a guy who has both the ZPI pulley and an uncoated alphawerks header and has been running, hard may I add, for close to eight months now. Where I have warped a seal on my 1st S/C with a stock header and pulley in 1/3 of the time he has had his. The 2nd S/C only took two months for the bearing to fail.

By all means if you don't know a lot about boosting or can't do your own wrench work then the S/C option is still a very good option and one I'd tell you to go for. If you go turbo then you could possibly end up being out an engine and a turbo with a bad tune. Read up on some of the problems those of us with S/C are having and maybe wait for a responce from TRD... If that happens.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait, so there is a turbo setup for a auto tc???, if so does someone have it?? and is there a link to a site or something?

i know a lil about super chargers but i know nada bout turbos
Old 10-26-2006, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi has turbos for autos, and even has tramission upgrades for autos
Old 10-26-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i thought of the same thing, S/C or turbo. but for me, personally id just wait it out and use the money for the down payment on a more powerful car :D. i love my tC and everything, and its annoying that 350z's keep revving at me like i have a chance (a-holes..lol), but i think imma stick it out and get a higher performance car period :D. iono thats just my 2 cents
Old 10-26-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you too!!! i get a few 350z's do that to me, i have the trd cai and exaust and when i rev it back at em they shy away

lol i gues my bark is bigger than my bite
Old 10-26-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the same trd intake and ecxhaust. people who don't know what a tc is think a v8 is hiding under the hood. people complement the sound all the time. in my opinion, isn't it better to get a slower car and make it faster, that way you don't get killed as much on insurance? take tc, tune it up to slay other cars on the road, but pay the insure for a less powerful car? also, i love sleepers, having a car that looks tame, and then blows the doors off of corvettes, mustangs camaro's and so on.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya my freinds say thatmy car coupled with the trd intake and exhaust sounds like a mini suburu sti lol

exactly, i mean the tc is a great lil 4 banger, hey when i do street race, i can take all the other 4 bangers most of the time, they cant touch me, some v6's like the tiburon and eclipse.

i just wish i had a turbo to suprise a 350z lol
Old 10-26-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Robs_tc
It sounds like you have your mind made up already. Yes, the S/C and engine both have the warranty. The thing I'm trying to help people to realize is that the S/C problems aren't isolated, rare cases nor are the problems caused by any specific modificaion. For example, I know a guy who has both the ZPI pulley and an uncoated alphawerks header and has been running, hard may I add, for close to eight months now. Where I have warped a seal on my 1st S/C with a stock header and pulley in 1/3 of the time he has had his. The 2nd S/C only took two months for the bearing to fail.

By all means if you don't know a lot about boosting or can't do your own wrench work then the S/C option is still a very good option and one I'd tell you to go for. If you go turbo then you could possibly end up being out an engine and a turbo with a bad tune. Read up on some of the problems those of us with S/C are having and maybe wait for a responce from TRD... If that happens.
we should have a pole for how many people have had drama with their superchargers, and how hard do you push it.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i did hear that TRD was making a turbo ki.. going to be around$4,000
Old 10-26-2006, 02:33 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
Originally Posted by 318_tC
u poorpoor thing for getting a brand new car while still in HS
oh mannn.... come to my school and you just might faint...

you arent a "poorpoor thing" if you get a new car over here... in fact, most kids here get new cars worth more than $30k... lol... g35's are like civics in the school lot

thats not what he meant buddy. poor poor thing as in. i feel bad for the car. not you.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i did hear that TRD was making a turbo ki.. going to be around$4,000
Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
wait, so there is a turbo setup for a auto tc???, if so does someone have it?? and is there a link to a site or something?

i know a lil about super chargers but i know nada bout turbos
1 word to answer your auto turbo question.

DEZOD!

and LOL @ the TRD Turbo. ill believe it when i see it. it took trd FOR EVER to come out with the SC and look at the problems that come with it. they should have taken more time and fixed those kinks. hopefully the trd charger will be better for the 07s maybe more power too...
Old 10-26-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool cool, ya i heard it form my freind that works for toyota, not taking it as entirely true but ya never know lol.

so what does the dezod turbo kits price???
Old 10-26-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

www.dezod.com

idk the prices but you get what you paid for, and IMO even tho i dont have it, i have seen it in person, both up close and on teh track, granted it wasnt the auto kit, it was actually joes car. that kit is amazing. very solid, and looks great too!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scion_jon

i just wish i had a turbo to suprise a 350z lol
it is alot of fun. They never see it coming. Thats the best part of it for me. No one thinks a Scion could beat them. I love the WTF face.

I went nose to nose with a vortech s/c'd s2000 not too long ago. I thought the guy was going to cry.

Quick Reply: should i go for the trd supercharger?....i got a automatic