Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Skinnayyy's build thread. updated 3/4/11!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

for sure. That's actually one of my plans for selling it! putting some for sale signs on it and hanging out up there on friday nights lol
Old 10-02-2012, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
So i'm really bored at work with nothing to do. Kinda sucks in a way... but i decided i would start my own build thread. I posted this in F/I because thats where i'm ending up in a few weeks. If it needs to be moved then that's cool too.

But here it goes!!

(pictures will be added/taken when i'm not at work due to lame firewalls )

I saw her sitting there at the toyota dealer on tuesday... took her for a test drive... came back on thursday (3/12/2009) and she was mine!!!

Insert pic here

When i bought the car the dealer gave me an OBX carbon fiber shift **** so that got put on a day or two later.

The first "mod" that i did was to put in some 8k HID's and some blue LEDs as well to give it even more of a blue look. along with that i put in a blue cubby hole light.

after that i bought myself a JVC-KW-ADV792 head unit. I love it! I have the ipod cable routed to the glove box so it can stay plugged in at all times. You use the headunit to control the ipod so it being in glove box makes no difference to me. I also grounded the ebrake so people can watch movies in it. My main intention for that was i was goign to be driving to new york which would have been a boring drive for the passengers.

after that, i decided i wanted to go faster... so of course silly little me bought a header, CAI, and catback exhaust.
Megan Header, Injen CAI, and Tsudo N1 exhaust.

long story short, had the header on for a few months, thats back to stock because i hated the rasp it made.
The exhaust i now hate, because well at first, it melted my bumper a little bit, and now the midpipe is hitting the bottom of my car and annoys the crap out of me.
The CAI is the only one that i haven't had a problem with, but it's going away soon when the turbo is installed(because i want to actually go faster, not sound faster).

back to looks a little bit, I decided i would do a guage and HVAC led swap. I did it myself, and it turned out about 90% good.

My left turn signal doesn't light up anymore and the Mode, and front and rear defrost buttons on the HVAC don't light up white. the odo led is reversed a little bit, it's white/clear background with blue numbers. I didn't like it at first, but haven't seen anyone else with it and i've grown to like it! The LED for the time on the HVAC is still orange ebcause i haven't been able to find someone that can get it off for me

more stuff to "look cool"
The dream cruise (worlds largest single day car show) was coming up so i had to do something for a little extra "wow" that wasn't too expensive. So i picked up some underglows from ledglow.com. I had them wired to go on when i unlocked/locked my car and be usable when the doors were open just so i didn't drive around with them on and get a ticket.

they're unplugged right now, but i'll take some pics when i can.

more performance!
Got a stoptech stage 2 brake kit (drilled/slotted rotors, ss lines, pads, fluid). i'll tell you one thing... they're amazing! one step shy of a BBK.

Since i was going to be going turbo, i figured i would need a new clutch, and while down there, new flywheel. I got my clutch from falcon clutch, and a fidanza 9.5 lb flywheel. it really does make a world of difference. Acceleration is so much faster than it ever was.

Another step towards going turbo, I installed my AEM guages on a triple pod A-pillar. Boost, AFR, and oil pressure all digital. Along with the install of these i needed a new S-pipe for the 2nd bung for the UEGO. So a CC s-pipe was installed.

3/25/10
now i can do dates since it's a live update now.
Just put on an ARK exhaust. As we all know the ARK exhaust isn't a full 2.5 because you have to use the stock mid and slide the ARK over that. Instead i cut my Tsudo up a bit, and welded the two pipes together for a full 2.5 set up. Also i had a flex pipe welded on to prepare for the turbo. With the bumper being melted from the Tsudo, my friend took a dremel to it and rounded it out and made it look good again!

4/13/10
Turbo was installed and partially tuned. finished almost all of it in one night! The intercooler piping was the hardest part. Had to cut my bumper a little bit. It looks good to me though! also got a carbon fiber valve cover.

4/17/10
tokico blue's struts, with tien h-tech's were put on. dropped it down perfectly! i love the way it looks now.

4/22/10
got my kaminari carbon fiber reverse cowl hood installed. Would have been done yesterday but could get the hood to latch closed.

5/11/10
DC strut bar came in the mail, and was on 10 minutes later!

5/16/10
Fun little day for the car. Was going to do some work on the intercooler piping but my dad took the tools out to the boat, so i painted instead!!! some nice interior accents and then later once he came home i put on a trd sway bar... which took wayyyyy too much work to put on.

and then the sway

5/22/10
took the car to alternative motorsports and had my car tuned by dan the tuning guru, along with an xA and bens tc. me and the xA went pretty good! bens... not so much though here's my sheet though!!!

everything all installed by myself and friends

BOOOOOOOSTTTTTT!!!!!

Turbo - T3/T4 .57 Trim .63 A/R
intercooler - greddy
BOV - HKS SSQV Black
Wastegate -Tial 38mm
Manifold - Turbonetics
Downpipe - Turbonetics
IC Piping - Dezod
Injectors - 625cc Ptuning
Oil Pressure/return line - Dezod
Fuel Management - AEM FIC

lastly... a picture of my sisters room prior to having a week off work... her moving out was probably the best thing to happen to my car!

was it hard to put in that sway bar?! did you have to remove anything in order to install that?!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you really have to quote the whole post?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

Haha wow. Yeah I know I'm bumping an old post but holy quote!

To answer the question, I had to remove the old sway bar and that's it.