Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Slight Problem...Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Slight Problem...Need advice

I am having my turbo kit installed as we speak and everything was going smoothly. The Dezod kit has come along flawlessly thanks again Paul. Like I was saying everything was going smoothly until we needed to take the primary air/fuel sensor out of the factory manifold. The sensor was cross threaded from the factory assembly line. I asked the dealership if a defect like that would be covered under warranty. They said that since it wasn't one of their techs working on it that it wouldn't be covered. The mechanic that I have working on my car is ASE Certified and has built numerous high powered turbo cars and knows what he is doing. They are trying to tell me that since he is not employed by them that they will not cover a factory defect. To me I think that should be covered because it wouldn't matter who took it out it was still cross threaded so it would've done the same thing to them.

I feel that the dealership should cover this under the warranty....let me know what you think.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why don't you just get it fixed before installing the turbo. Bring the car to them and tell them to fix it. Once you get the new ones installed by the dealer, go bac and install the turbo.

*EDIT*
Didn't realize you actually started work on the turbo install... How far into it are you? I do agree that no matter what it should be warrantied, but you are dealing with the dealership, and they will go to great lengths sometimes to get out of warranty work, cause that's not where the money is for them...
Old 10-04-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am actually completely done other than the final touches which would include tuning and the sensor now...this is all I need to finalize the install. The bad thing is there is no work involved for them...all they need to do is give me the part that was defective and be done. They would only be out around $220.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn that sucks. You don't happen to know anyone who works at a toyota service station? Or a friend of a friend of a friend, etc...? If you do, I would go talk to them directly instead of going through the service rep. If you don't have any contacts, go to some local import performance shops, chances are they might know a toyota tech and could call in a favor for you.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know the scion tech at the dealership here...my mechanic is good friends with the tech that I know, the service manager and he knows the owner of the Toyota/Scion dealership as well as the local Chevy dealership. He is going to see if he can pull a few strings to help me out...hopefully he comes through.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They should definitely be able to help you out. But in any event, good luck with it & I hope you enjoy the turbo
Old 10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey I got an extra primary o2 for ya thats not cross threaded...I pulled it off my car with 10,800 miles on it...if you need one for cheaper than what they are gonna charge you at teh dealer lemme know
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
hey I got an extra primary o2 for ya thats not cross threaded...I pulled it off my car with 10,800 miles on it...if you need one for cheaper than what they are gonna charge you at teh dealer lemme know
I would pick up on that man! Vito always lookin' out!