Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

small request from a boosted members,.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default small request from a boosted members,.

ok, here's the deal. i'm putting together a spreadsheet on the 2az-fe for power vs. reliablity. here is what i'm looking for. i need someone to do a proper compression test of the engine. i want to see how the rings are holding up and what not. i'm looking for a car that has been boosted for over a yr, running 10psi or more and drives it pretty hard. i'm not talking beat the ____ out of it, but you get the idea. i'm going to be doing this for the S/C and N2O as well and maybe bolts-on. i want to see how the motor reacts to different power levels and how well the top half of a STOCK engine holds up after being properly built, tuned, etc... i think this information could help the community and really see how the 2az-fe holds up in it stock form. if anyone wants to go above and beyond and do a CLT (leak-down test) that would be even better. thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching...

Malloy is the man! I got dibs on the first issue you come out with.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM
SL Member

that is a great idea. but you gotta think that there are sooooo many variables with this. for example travis aka rythmnsmoke, and aj aka dyltone both have the same kit on there car. aj drove his for 1500 miles he says and blew it up. on the other hand i heard that travis beats his car like it owes him money for over a year and has no engine problems. so good luck with the spreadsheet. i hope you can get it to show an accurate representation.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i totally agree that there is a ton of variables. i'm basically looking for general data. it would be intresting to see the differences and if compression is even affected. it would be cool to see the people boosting that are running full timing or who is pull it.