Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

SNEAK PEAK AT ONE SWEET NEW TURBO KIT COMING OUT SOON!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default SNEAK PEAK AT ONE SWEET NEW TURBO KIT COMING OUT SOON!

As many of you have noticed, I have disappeared from the FI section for awhile as I have been working with one of the best tuner shops around, Intensepower.com Intense has been around for many years building totally insane cars, from monster 1000+ hp supras to triple rotor rx7’s, these guys have it covered. They recently moved into a HUGE facility and fab center which is very impressive. The building is coming along great and is changing daily into one impressive new shop! The welders and fab guys have countless years of knowledge behind them which is why the best of the best go to Intense! You never know who you will find having a car done by the Intensepower crew, from Sports players to famous drag racers. They all trust these guys!

I started talking to Intense this past November as they were starting to design mid to high end kits for many applications and they were highly interested in our Scion tC’s. Ideas were thrown around and talked about and then a plan was made. The plan was simple, build the best available. The guys at Intense thought it would be best to build the high end kit first, and then base street kits off of the high end kit. After all, trying to build a high end kit from a base kit is not the best way to do it...

The setup on my car was completed last week in time for Nopi nationals in which I am proud to say, my tC took home a sweet 1st place in the Toyota, Lexus, Scion custom category! The kit made a HUGE impression on the spectators and even other tuning companies. Tuning is still being completed on my tC and dyno results will be posted soon. At this time I am currently running 5.8 psi for testing and data logging and it totally SHREDS on my old supercharger setup at 10 psi that made 252whp. I mean wipes the floor with it so I cannot wait to see numbers, especially after the engine build that is soon to come which will let me take advantage of such a wicked setup! For now the setup will be tuned to 8-10 psi.

The fab work on this setup is simply beautiful and a work of art. The header in person is amazing. I really have to give props to the hard workers and fab guys at Intense! They threw down countless hours and sleepless nights designing and building this setup. The setup I am running is set to be the high end kit they will offer. It supports 500+whp with engine internals and is NOT laggy. Spool is simply vicious / hits hard. The high end kit is the PERFECT choice for guys ready to build, or are currently building there engines.

Early specs on the high end kit include….
- GT3076R ball bearing turbo or larger “Your choice”
- Custom stainless top mount header that works with the Kaminari drop vent hood.
- Tial 44mm Wastegate w/open dump under tranny, does not blacken your engine bay!
- New released HKS Bov valve or Tial Bov… Still in discussion.
- 3” stainless downpipe
- Drop in 550cc or greater injectors
- Emanage Ultimate with harness & map sensor “this setup WILL tune partial throttle perfectly without the ecm fighting the emanage! Already tested and proven”
- All aluminum intercooler pipes that are made correctly, no using silicone couplers to make angles and connections. The pipes fit as they should! All pipes are bead rolled so you do not have pipes blowing off on you.
- Large front mount intercooler “exact size TBA”
- K&N xtreme filter with bracket mount top
- All high quality silicone couplers with t-bolts
- High end waterlines and oil feed lines will be included “kit oil feed line is not like the one on my car currently and pictured, that was a last minute item as the right fittings were not available.

More info, specs and prices will follow in the next few weeks as Intense wants to get this right and make you guys happy! I can say without a doubt, this is the best designed and looking setup I have yet to see period. There are a lot of nice kits on the market, this one just jumps the game to the next level! I do hope you all take a real close look at Intense and the new kits. You can also check them out at www.intensescion.com

Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that looks great!!!!

numbers?
post detials on that manifold and downpipe
Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy lord that looks great, those welds are immaculate.

subscribed
Old 03-20-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No prob, for any tech details, shoot me a pm Certain things I can blab about and certain things Intense may want me to keep my mouth shut about *LOL*!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow definitely one of the cleanest turbo setups out there.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt
wow definitely one of the cleanest turbo setups out there.
i think this IS the clenest
Old 03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks guys, Intense is known for building some of the cleanest setups on all cars around. I have drooled for years at some of there builds and how insane they look!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks badass..
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now that is a gangster azz manifold.. props i will be keeping a close eye on this one for sure!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 PM

oh wow, no words to describe, your it looks sooo clean and shiny...
nice work, keep it up;)
Old 03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
holy lord that looks great, those welds are immaculate.

subscribed
You know it, the welder is a BAD@SS! We were laughing because the downpipe welds were better than the robotic welds on a mass produced header I had laying in the shop hahaha! I mentioned coating it before we started and he was ____ed I would even think of covering up his welds.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love how tC turbo kits in 07 are using big turbos in kits. Just goes to show the 2AZ is a monster that can make some power on stock block.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks really nice i'm going see about one for me
Old 03-20-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any info if they will provide one for the auto's?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yes, an auto tC is already being talked about and one is lined up for testing in the near future.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

OMG that thing is sexy!!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
I love how tC turbo kits in 07 are using big turbos in kits. Just goes to show the 2AZ is a monster that can make some power on stock block.
The 3076R is actually a perfect match for the 2az that can make great hp. It was chosen specifically as it spools like a monster and top end is not sacrificed. Some companies use uber large monster turbos more for looks and if you have ever driven a car with a goofy oversized turbo... it is not the most desireable thing on the street. The 3076r may not workout if I push my built motor past the 500 mark but for street use, I would not consider another bb turbo for the hp I want to make!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Numbers?

PS....Intense is AWESOME by the way! I've been keeping them as a source for my 350Z needs.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Tuning is still being completed on my tC and dyno results will be posted soon.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Numbers?

PS....Intense is AWESOME by the way! I've been keeping them as a source for my 350Z needs.
Oh yeah, they have some of the baddest z's and g's around. I am lucky to peak at some of there secret cars in the bays. All I can say is WOW. If NOPI did not screw the Nissan crowd out of there own category, Intense would have most likley snagged 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with there Z's and G's! Was a huge bummer and dissapointment Nopi did that.

Quick Reply: SNEAK PEAK AT ONE SWEET NEW TURBO KIT COMING OUT SOON!