Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

SNEAK PEAK AT ONE SWEET NEW TURBO KIT COMING OUT SOON!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice kit!

the auto is weeeeeeeeeak 270 and boom!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Lookin good! My only question is, where is the manifold made? It has a distinct tone of China or sorts.
*LOL* nice dig Paul, It was made by hand right in front of me by some of the best fab guys around. Every part is hand made including the collector by the fab guys at Intense. Just because it has a mirror finish and has turned golden does not mean it was made in china, We spent bucks having it polished to perfection. No china manifold *LOL*
It was not a 'dig'. Merely saying it looked like an Alpha Works manifold or likes revamped.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Well, if it works as good as it looks, it's a winner
Any idea on the cost?
Looks simply delicious!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GREAT looking kit man. I want to see how much whp you're gonna be puttin down on 8psi. I have seen the Descendent's future kit and it can put down 320+whp at 8psi on STOCK internals. Can't wait to see this kit and compare it to Descendent's!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: SNEAK PEAK AT ONE SWEET NEW TURBO KIT COMING OUT SOON!

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
The welders and fab guys have countless years of knowledge behind them which is why the best of the best go to Intense! You never know who you will find having a car done by the Intensepower crew, from Sports players to famous drag racers. They all trust these guys!
I somehow suspect those beautifully done beads on the manifold's welds were not made by cheap Chinese labor.

Although to be fair, the OBX turbo manifold looked gorgeous. It's just that the luster hid a nightmare beneath.
The welds to the head flange look glazed. I could be wrong, but without seeing it in person, it's tough to say. The DP welds look good, but I have some decent Chinese welds on DPs and such. I have seen some really bad ones too.

ummmm no, sorry they are not glazed. You can stop trying to pick it apart now and go back to selling your turbo kits in your own posts and stop trying to make these parts out to look like china parts *LOL* I have pics of the whole fab process as it went along, each part is handmade period and in the USA right here in Arizona at Intensepower.com Thanks!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IIRC, the Alphawerks one looked good too but I remember you guys showing us pics of the collectore. Got pics of the collector? That'd really give us something to look at because, as said, it's easy to impress people with polish but the really impressive stuff is underneath the shiny.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Lookin good! My only question is, where is the manifold made? It has a distinct tone of China or sorts.
*LOL* nice dig Paul, It was made by hand right in front of me by some of the best fab guys around. Every part is hand made including the collector by the fab guys at Intense. Just because it has a mirror finish and has turned golden does not mean it was made in china, We spent bucks having it polished to perfection. No china manifold *LOL*
It was not a 'dig'. Merely saying it looked like an Alpha Works manifold or likes revamped.

*LOL*... no. Way way way off man sorry. The raw parts in this manifold and the material used cost more than an alphaworks or similar header at retail price hahaha! No corners were cut in this design. It is one bad @ss manifold.

Listen Paul, I like ya and think you and the crew are nice people. Do not ruin it and come across trying to pick others items or downplay them to try to save sales or save face... You have a good rep and name, so does Intense which is why I chose them. This kit is top notch and wicked in so many ways it is not funny. Any of us could try to pick apart crap with any of the kits available and start all kinds of bs like old days but it is not worth making up things to try to hurt the competition. cool? You keep doing what your doing and we for sure will push hard and keep up our end
Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry I forgot to take any good shots inside the collector, this should close the jaws of those that think we somhow have a bad @ss china header that no one has seen or used but us *LOL* Top pics are just aftr polish, bottom pics are during fab and test fitting.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It's pretty PIMP either way.

Now you Got the Show, I am more interested in how it GO's.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^ That top pic makes the collector flange look warped?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I hear that man, I cannot wait to toss down numbers as well! Will probably leave the car with them to test and tune this weekend as I have to fly to San Fran from Friday - Monday.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCya
^^ That top pic makes the collector flange look warped?
Not warped at all, just optical, I thought it was a killer photo as it was so perfect and the polisher did such a killer job that it looks like a flower made of mirror in the middle. Will try to dig up more pics, but I do not think I took any more that show the collector. I saw it just after he finished inside and out. His welds inside and out are PIMP!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I believe you, but the pic above is def scary looking.
Do you see what I'm talking about?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCya
I believe you, but the pic above is def scary looking.
Do you see what I'm talking about?
Sorry not really, I must be missing it. Here is another shot that shows the collector. She is spot on. Only think I can think of is you are looking at the angle of the 1 and 4 runner were it meets the collector. It is not warped at all, that is the angle of the parts. They all meet up perfectly.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I hear that man, I cannot wait to toss down numbers as well! Will probably leave the car with them to test and tune this weekend as I have to fly to San Fran from Friday - Monday.

PS....Welcome to the dark side by the way. Glad you finally saw the error of your ways...*cough* Supercharger *cough*...
Old 03-21-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

PS....Welcome to the dark side by the way. Glad you finally saw the error of your ways...*cough* Supercharger *cough*...
*LOL* knew that was coming haha. The sc was a decent item for the price I paid and if I was not nuts changing my car every 6 months then it would still be on my car. However this setup is the SICKNESS. A major part of why the sc is so doggy is the trd tune. I have a stock ecu and a trd mapped one both setup to run in my car, the TRD mapped ecu pulls timing to an insane amount. I never really saw timing pass 23 degrees were the n/a ecu on a reg basis is at 35+ That is also why torque suffers so horribly like when I turned 252whp and only 212 tq *LOL* Ah well. Guess it comes down to "would I trade back?" H E L L N O M A N G!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He's talking about the flange that connects to the exhaust ports I think. You don't even see the collector flange in the top picture...

It only looks warped because of the angle and the reflections. The flange itself has a zigzag shape. The reflections just make it look really twisted and distorted.

Unless it really is warped, then the manifold wouldn't sit flush on the engine.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

*LOL* knew that was coming haha. The sc was a decent item for the price I paid and if I was not nuts changing my car every 6 months then it would still be on my car. However this setup is the SICKNESS. A major part of why the sc is so doggy is the trd tune. I have a stock ecu and a trd mapped one both setup to run in my car, the TRD mapped ecu pulls timing to an insane amount. I never really saw timing pass 23 degrees were the n/a ecu on a reg basis is at 35+ That is also why torque suffers so horribly like when I turned 252whp and only 212 tq *LOL* Ah well. Guess it comes down to "would I trade back?" H E L L N O M A N G!

I know, Denial is a Biaaatch!...

And 212 tq....Ouch! That's depressing...

I'm happy for you though, cause that kit is SICK! GT30 FTW! I plan on eventually going GT32R, so I am really interested in your #'s when it's said and done. Also interested to see how well the stock motor can hold up to it, so don't go building the motor to fast. Drop it in after you have driven it for a while, or if it fails due to excessive HP and TQ that you will NOW be running....
Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
He's talking about the flange that connects to the exhaust ports I think. You don't even see the collector flange in the top picture...

It only looks warped because of the angle and the reflections. The flange itself has a zigzag shape. The reflections just make it look really twisted and distorted.

Unless it really is warped, then the manifold wouldn't sit flush on the engine.
Oh gotcha man! Yeah that is also an effect of the camera lense, if it was warped I would have major exhaust leakage, it sat flush on the engine and there was no stress during torque down or after it was run and heated. But yeah, I see what you are talking about now, the flange not the collector *LOL*!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I know, Denial is a Biaaatch!...

And 212 tq....Ouch! That's depressing...

I'm happy for you though, cause that kit is SICK! GT30 FTW! I plan on eventually going GT32R, so I am really interested in your #'s when it's said and done. Also interested to see how well the stock motor can hold up to it, so don't go building the motor to fast. Drop it in after you have driven it for a while, or if it fails due to excessive HP and TQ that you will NOW be running....
No worries, I plan to flog the living snot out of this motor and first production run in my car to see if I can find the stress points of the motor *LOL* More fun when you do it yourself! After all, how else would I find if there was any issue in the future! Hahaha I think that is why they wanted to work with me, if it can be destroyed and stress tested, I CAN HANDLE THE JOB!

Quick Reply: SNEAK PEAK AT ONE SWEET NEW TURBO KIT COMING OUT SOON!