Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

so do i go with dezod to ptuning?? cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by diego_demarco1025
yea some people on scionlife just jump on the new people to make themselves feel better, i personally think both companys are great, ive dealt with dezod and there customer service is excellent
not dumping at all, he's already opened 2 other threads talking about the same thing, this is the reason why people hate scion owners, most are posers who instead of doing research on the basics of how power is made and distributed, they come rite out and say

"im going to build the internals, and im going to make 400whp"............................but ummmmm is a dezod turbo good????

wtf???.... i wouldnt even want somebody like this driving on the street with 400whp lol....maybe its just me, but i dont expect u to understand...ur sig says it all lol
Old 10-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Banned
SL Member

underglows????? really??? my engine is knocking hahahaha
Old 10-03-2010, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Ace83
actually it has gone way way better lately.. once in awhile i think its ok for these thread to pop out coz old threads are hard to dig sometimes even to those who have read it already

^^ agreed on that one. but it's a fine line being walked in this one on the last few posts. hint, hint....lol.
If they can keep it informative, on topic, and NICE... cool. If not, it'll get curbed pretty quick.
Yes there are rules to follow when posting and Searching on SL, but if users bash every new person into the ground for their first goof-up, that's not showing ScionLife in a positive light to the rest of the Scion community out there either.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ agreed
Old 10-03-2010, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

look on these threads bro and go from there..

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/ann...hp?f=1645&a=19

there are tons more of useful threads here, i couldnt find some of them or remember the thread name or point you to something specific that answers your question.

on a side note: one of the reason why these kinds of threads keeps coming up is coz people start bashing instead of providing link. That absolutely doesnt help. If a useful link it provided, the thread can be locked but the OP is being helped.

If you think you know something already exist then help by providing a link. Its easier for someone who knows what to search to search than someone that doesnt know what to look for. (please review scionlife rules)
Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Banned
SL Member

since when is "do some research'' bashing?? lol,

like i said dude, do ur own research on how power is made and distributed, i would do it off this website, that way u have a general idea of how it works for all platforms then do research about how to acheive the power u want, while maintaining drivabilty, emissions(if u have any) and staying within ur budget .

im not tryna bash any1. just tryna help u avoid wasted time and money
Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ibtl please dont make another pointless 4th thread about this
Old 10-03-2010, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by diego_demarco1025
yea some people on scionlife just jump on the new people to make themselves feel better, i personally think both companys are great, ive dealt with dezod and there customer service is excellent
i know i didnt jump on the guy niether did gwopsta. whats the point of forum rules if you cant live by them using this forum. you can simply type dezod or ptuning in the search and you will find hundreds of thread about them.

for your info sciontc6.0 there all good kits from descendant, ptuning, and dezod. make sure you get someone that knows how to tune whatever management comes with the kit. caus eif you get a bad tuner or dont get a tuner well then the kit will be worthless and bye bye motor!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what happened? looks like alot got deleted.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i didnt say you jumped on him did i?, anyhowwwww yea there both good companys as long as you know what your doing as well
Old 10-03-2010, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

idk brett...looks like mods are on the prowl...lol

remember mods are always watching...sometimes..lol
Old 10-03-2010, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Original poster....

Just an insight. You can't compare PSI vs PSI on two totally different cars. At 10lbs of boost, a tC makes 280-300whp give or take a few depending on the setup, but that's the general number.

If you look at a stock Evo, stock STI, stock SRT4....all three of those cars run more than 10lbs of boost stock, yet they don't make 300whp (STI and Evo's make 300hp at the motor, at the wheels a lot less). So, at 10lbs of boost on a tC, you will walk those cars with ease. That at least answers one of your questions. Don't judge a car by how much boost it's running, unless you have done research on that car, and know what setup it's currently running.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ THIS!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
idk brett...looks like mods are on the prowl...lol

remember mods are always watching...sometimes..lol
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Original poster....

Just an insight. You can't compare PSI vs PSI on two totally different cars. At 10lbs of boost, a tC makes 280-300whp give or take a few depending on the setup, but that's the general number.

If you look at a stock Evo, stock STI, stock SRT4....all three of those cars run more than 10lbs of boost stock, yet they don't make 300whp (STI and Evo's make 300hp at the motor, at the wheels a lot less). So, at 10lbs of boost on a tC, you will walk those cars with ease. That at least answers one of your questions. Don't judge a car by how much boost it's running, unless you have done research on that car, and know what setup it's currently running.
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
In before the lock.
Werd.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both companies are great. Quick responses to questions, willing to work with you on anything.

I wouldnt say PTuning/Dezod has a better kit, besides I have parts from both

Before you even START to compare kits figure out what YOU want. Find out what kind of money you can spend. And if you dont have it, try to figure out how LONG it will take you to get that money.

Things will be easy once you know about F/I, read read read . Plenty of places online that you can find information on how it works, what turbo would probably be better for you etc.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

PTuning hands down. you wont regret it. it is the best kit on the market at the moment.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rougenite
Both companies are great. Quick responses to questions, willing to work with you on anything.

I wouldnt say PTuning/Dezod has a better kit, besides I have parts from both

Before you even START to compare kits figure out what YOU want. Find out what kind of money you can spend. And if you dont have it, try to figure out how LONG it will take you to get that money.

Things will be easy once you know about F/I, read read read . Plenty of places online that you can find information on how it works, what turbo would probably be better for you etc.
AMEN! This forum has BOAT loads of information from over the years. Spend a few weekends reading and make a decision.

I will say that for the most part, anything over 350whp on these cars on the streets is excessive. Power levels from 300-350 on this chassis and such are fun and will crush quite a bit on the streets. Make sure you are ready to handle the new power, can shift well, have possible down time and $ set aside in case of breaking of parts and such. It's part of the nature of the beast when you you are doubling or more the stock power of the car.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OP here you go everything you need should be in here glad to help -_-

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 PM
SL Member

alright sorry everyone for being a dumb@ss
Old 10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You arent dumb just not informed yet. We all start somewhere. Cars have always been something I loved, just didnt know enough about F/I stuffs, heck i still learn something EVERY day about it.

Last edited by rougenite; 10-05-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: haha caught my own bad word

Quick Reply: so do i go with dezod to ptuning?? cant decide