Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

So Fresh and So Clean **UPDATED Again** 5/15 More vids

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
how much HP does the 350z have?

Pre 2006
@crank 287hp 274tq

@wheels average is around 240hp/240tq

2006 350Z are rated 300hp @ crank

Honestly, it's hard to tell how fast a car is, until you line up next to another car that is preceived to be fast. I was totally not expecting the tC to blow off like that. It's got's some "go" with it's "show" now. I'm happy with the results.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

nice
Old 05-13-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What's cool is how there are tC's faster than ours. Rep. for the tC's, Hell Yeah!
Old 05-13-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice video man!
Old 05-13-2006, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn that thing is nice. You should try to get some day time vids to, so you can see better. Not neccesarily racing any cars just getting on it a little
Old 05-13-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just take your camera....go out saturday evening when its still light out...go on the highways or in spots where you know ricers go and smok em!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Just take your camera....go out saturday evening when its still light out...go on the highways or in spots where you know ricers go and smok em!

Like a Cuban cigar (insert smoking smiley here)....

The "ghetto" track that we will hit up tonight is well lit, and the only thing seperating you from the cars is a 2 foot wall. So, I will be standing right next to the cars as they race. Will have very good vids for you guys tonight, unless something happens that we can't attend.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Like a Cuban cigar (insert smoking smiley here)....

The "ghetto" track that we will hit up tonight is well lit, and the only thing seperating you from the cars is a 2 foot wall. So, I will be standing right next to the cars as they race. Will have very good vids for you guys tonight, unless something happens that we can't attend.
skeet skeet YAH BABY, good luck if ya go!

Old 05-13-2006, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
You need to check that EGT Gauge, or put the probe somewhere else.. There is NO way you are running with 500 degree EGTs...
Where is the EGT probe located?
Just to let you know, alot of times if you are running pig rich your EGTs can be HOTTER than if you are running just slightly rich. This is due to the Exhaust Gasses catching on fire when they get into the Exhaust.

Are you impling that ZPI doesn't know how to hook up an EGT Gauge? Well, if they can't hook up my EGT right, then maybe they screwed up my Turbo Timer, my Boost Gauge.....HELL....THEY MIGHT HAVE INSTALLED THE WHOLE DAMN TURBO (which they produce) SYSTEM WRONG!!!! OH NO! What am I to do!

I'm sorry, I just wanted to clown.
As you can tell from what I said... Maybe your Probe is burnt out.
You are telling me that your Turbo tC is running 1000 degrees.. yes ONE THOUSAND degrees colder than any other boosted tC???
Maybe they did install it wrong.. I dont think they did, but like I said... It could be the probe or even the gauge...
Sry dude.. If you honestly think your tC is 1000 degrees colder than others, then you need to do some reading..

http://www.hahnracecraft.com/cycle/tech/info.htm

There is some reading
Old 05-13-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice man.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You need to check that EGT Gauge, or put the probe somewhere else.. There is NO way you are running with 500 degree EGTs...
Where is the EGT probe located?
Just to let you know, alot of times if you are running pig rich your EGTs can be HOTTER than if you are running just slightly rich. This is due to the Exhaust Gasses catching on fire when they get into the Exhaust.

Are you impling that ZPI doesn't know how to hook up an EGT Gauge? Well, if they can't hook up my EGT right, then maybe they screwed up my Turbo Timer, my Boost Gauge.....HELL....THEY MIGHT HAVE INSTALLED THE WHOLE DAMN TURBO (which they produce) SYSTEM WRONG!!!! OH NO! What am I to do!

I'm sorry, I just wanted to clown.
As you can tell from what I said... Maybe your Probe is burnt out.
You are telling me that your Turbo tC is running 1000 degrees.. yes ONE THOUSAND degrees colder than any other boosted tC???
Maybe they did install it wrong.. I dont think they did, but like I said... It could be the probe or even the gauge...
Sry dude.. If you honestly think your tC is 1000 degrees colder than others, then you need to do some reading..

http://www.hahnracecraft.com/cycle/tech/info.htm

There is some reading

I'm good bro. She runs hard and strong. If anything were to happen to my ride, I'm sure I can get it taken care of. If it makes you feel better, then you can add 1k degrees to my gauge #'s.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, after watching your vid, you need to know a few things here.. This is for your knowledge to help you when people ask you.

The DEFI gauges you are running are not the Imperial version.. There for your Gauges are reading in degrees Celsius. So at 500 you are running at around 932 degrees Farenheit. That is definately better, but you are still running pretty cold. Again just wondering if the probe is after the turbo... It will be 200-400 degrees colder after the turbo.
Just giving you some info to help your learning experience...
Old 05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, after watching your vid, you need to know a few things here.. This is for your knowledge to help you when people ask you.

The DEFI gauges you are running are not the Imperial version.. There for your Gauges are reading in degrees Celsius. So at 500 you are running at around 932 degrees Farenheit. That is definately better, but you are still running pretty cold. Again just wondering if the probe is after the turbo... It will be 200-400 degrees colder after the turbo.
Just giving you some info to help your learning experience...

Hey, thanks for the info. I'm read some of the link you posted, and yeah, it said that if you run it after the turbo, it will be possibly 200 degrees colder reading. So, yeah good info to know. I haven't seen a lot of info. on SL of what other guys are running EGT wise. Maybe we should start a thread on temp readings, to get a consensus on what a tC should run, as it's different for different engines.

And yeah, just incase anyone was wondering, we are running Pig Rich. Which I presume is the reason for the fire spout. I'll keep entertaining as much as I can with the progression of this ride. The weather looks good, so we should be in for some good competition tonight.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

travis, sorry to jack your thread but check out my new one.... its one of my new sponsors

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...562668#1562668
Old 05-14-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe we could dump a little gas in the Blitz just to make a little better show hahaha
Old 05-14-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well guys, got back from the "Ghetto" track, with "GHETTO TRACTION". Man, I thought I would never say this, but I just had to much power to do anything good with it on this crappy-oiled glazed-sorry excuse for a track. I have vids for you guys, that I will take care of for you in the morning.

Only kills and losses worth mentioning are:

Kills

On the way to the track, we rolled out wtih like 8 other cars. One of them was a Firebird w/LS1. Nick(450xB) told him to race us on the way there. Got that on vid, good run. But the LS1 lost.

Lost

At the crappy traction track, my g/f was at the back bumper of a modded EVO as they crossed the cones.

After getting home at the local spot. A WRX owner respected our ride, and wanted to test me. I asked was it an STI, he said no. Then I asked what he have done to it. "it's stock turbo he said".

Well, we raced from a 40-50 roll. He got the jump, and stayed there. I was at his back bumper, no less till about 100.

Come to find out, his mods were:

1) 2 more psi than factory = 16PSI
2) Intake
3) Turbo-back exhaust
4) New manifold.

He was shocked and surprised at how fast I was. He had a shocked face at how it's still a stock block engine with only 8-9PSI. I told him next time, I'm turning up the boost!

But we got it all on vid, so you guys will get to see. Later.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After getting home at the local spot. A WRX owner respected our ride, and wanted to test me. I asked was it an STI, he said no. Then I asked what he have done to it. "it's stock turbo he said".

Well, we raced from a 40-50 roll. He got the jump, and stayed there. I was at his back bumper, no less till about 100.

2) Intake
3) Turbo-back exhaust
4) New manifold.
You know, thats pretty damn good. 8-9 PSI running w/ 16 psi...pretty respectable in that matter. Def gotta crank up that boost.

I just think it was funny. he underestimated your car and ALMOST ate his own words

tC - 1
LS1 - 0
Old 05-14-2006, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member

im just glad to see someone being honest about wins and loses. So many people will lie, and they kid no one but theirselves.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

2) Intake
3) Turbo-back exhaust
4) New manifold.
You know, thats pretty damn good. 8-9 PSI running w/ 16 psi...pretty respectable in that matter. Def gotta crank up that boost.

I just think it was funny. he underestimated your car and ALMOST ate his own words

tC - 1
LS1 - 0

Oh yeah, I forgot to add to the Subie's list of mods

He also had some form of computer upgrade, but I forgot what he told me (Of Course AFTER we raced that is!)

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he also had some Samanco(spelling?) hoses. Said to help hold and not leak boost. But yeah, I was pretty much equally as fast as him, he jumped to my front bumper, but couldn't pull no more after that...So, I chalk that one up as a good standing race. We shut it down @ 100 each time. (FUNNY, the passenger in the Subie, he was like "HOLLY Crap!" when he heard that Open Wastegate from our tC when we punched it. Open Wastegates are Crowd pleasers from where I come from... )

Funny thing was, when we came back to the spot, I swear he repeated at least 3 times..."Man, that's just amazing, I can't believe that started with only 160hp, and it's that quick now". "I can't believe IT'S A CAMRY MOTOR". He was just up and down impressed with the ride. He said that he has beaten some STI's before, and that I should be able to take one too (stock STI's I presume). But they clearly under estimated a tC on boost, and I gave them a taste of 8-9psi only. I told him next time we race, I'm crankin up the boost.

When I got to the spot earlier that night, I immediately had like 6 people walk up, and straight just gave me props. They was like dude this car sounds MEAN. The WRX dude said is sounded STOUT....

But yeah guys, on the freakin track though, it was just a horrible debacle. Let me tell you how CRAPPY the traction was. I HAD DRAG RADIALS ON, and STILL SPUN 1st, 2nd, and because it spun second all the way in redline, when I went to 3rd, I would bog down, and start to build boost again. WHICH everyone knows, the ZPI kit is perhaps one of the quickest spooling ones for our application. And I couldn't spool good, CAUSE I HAD NO TRACTION....

Get some good pavement, and I would have hored all that lay before me...

Originally Posted by indysoccer16
im just glad to see someone being honest about wins and loses. So many people will lie, and they kid no one but theirselves.
I don't mind posting a loss. You can't win them all. But when you loose to someone on the count of no traction....That's just ____es me OFF! But a win is a win I reckon.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thats the down side to fwd.

Quick Reply: So Fresh and So Clean **UPDATED Again** 5/15 More vids