Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

so im ordering the zpi stage 0 kit....i'll need.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know it says complete, its just ive seen other "complete" things before that arnt well complete. lol, i trust zpi, but i thought i was reading somthing wronge it just seems hard to believe i guess. lol thanks for all the help.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is probly the funniest thread I have seen in a while here on Scionlife
Old 05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^nahh not at all.....at first i hated the fact that i had 4 speed...but in all honesty..cell phone, ipod, radar detector, even hvac.....it all adds up and although there's the 10 hp performance loss (& fun factor), i'm happy now. i got in a wreck in august 05...at a stoplight....cause of my ipod.....that made me realize that there was no way i coulda gone 5 speed and not have been distracted. i say for if you got 3g's that you can throw down, then go for it. i forget who but i know someone (with an auto and stage 0) put down 215 at the wheels. no fmic, no exhaust, nodda. i bet with a 2.5-3 inch exhaust it'll throw in another 15-20whp cause its so much less restrictive. so say 230-235 whp, along with peak hp all the way up (as compared to the supercharger's peak at redline or somewhere near it), and you're sittin real pretty. combine that with the hotchkis tvs1 kit and you got yourself a nice lil toy.

i don't think theres a need to put down 5200 for a kit on an auto...318, i'm guessing you got somewhere in the 300 hp/300 tq range? i dont want that. our auto tranny's cant handle 300 tq for an extended period of time.

stage 0 would keep me safe reliability wise. it's not over the top, but it certainly will help out big time. plus....you just can't beat 3 grand on an entire turbo setup. thats as good as it gets. im also happy knowing that if anything were to go massively wrong, im only 90 min from louisville.

lastly, zpi i was thinkin of just doing boost and afr gauges....do you think pressure and egt are really necessary or just extra-cautious?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow didnt think this would get so popular...my really long reply right above this was meant to go after dds boi's earlier post.....double j if you check the classifieds youll see that the header and intake are both for sale, i wasnt planning on going FI at the time, but now that i no what 25 hp can do, i want more.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

exactly, my biggest problem now is saving all the money, hmmm i havent gotten a credit card, maybee its time to start lol, j/k. i just wonder how long the wait for a stage zero is from zpi, or is there a wait anymore.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i already have about 5k setup, plus round another 1k in mods that i can sell (rims,intake,header,cf hood). im gonna talk to my cuzin about it and see what he suggests (he's a tech at mitsu.)
Old 05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

dds pm'ed you
Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The number one most important thing when ordering a zpi turbo kit is....patience -my Stage 0 kit has been on backorder since March. Don't know how backed up they are but I have a feeling it's gona take a while before you get your kit because of the backlog of orders in the system.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly. for safetly reasons like it was said earlier. NO MATTER HOW SMALL PSI YOUR RUNNING.. get

boost
egt
wideband ( dont be cheap and get any old reg. a/f reader)
oil pressure

atleast for safety get those because those are the most important things to keep track of. dont be cheap thats only 500 or less in guaged. is it not worth it for safety unless you wana pay 2k+ for a new motor or repairs.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

so let it be....boost, egt, wideband, and oil pressure.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will also have to think about a new clutch at some point down the road. The stock one will be ok for a while, but if you start beating on it with all that power than it will start slipping really fast.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: so im ordering the zpi stage 0 kit....i'll need.....

Originally Posted by tC_skier
k i checked out peteyd's thread on some of the stuff he was gettin with his stage 0 but i didn't know if all of it was absolutely necessary. i need the cheapest items that'll get the job done.....i dont think i need everything he included...? the kit's going on an auto....i know this is a big request but if someone would explain what exactly i'll need and nothing extraneous, i'd appreciate it....as far as the gauges go i love the blitz blm's, but i like how the zietronix zt-2 incorporates everything into one unit.....i really dont have much space for gauges....thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

a tranny cooler is a good idea, only costs $60, i heard it will help alot. im in the same shoes as u tc skier. im saving up money for my stage 0 turbo and im auto. i already bought 2 gauges, the afr and the oil pressur, when the time comes close i will get the boost gauge. I also bought the megan drift spec exhaust because i read that the turbo can lag alot because the stock exhaust is so restrictive. so i change it out quick. Now i bought some NGK iridium sparkplugs for the chance of idling. Now all i need is the turbo and the tranny cooler. also i went to the toyota dealership next to my house and i asked them if they knew n e one that could install the turbo for me. so the mechanic told me that they can do it. they said it will take 12 hours to do and it will cost $900 for installation and stuff. I have to call them to see if that $900 will keep my warranty. if it does than im so jumping on that $900. because i would love to keep it
Old 05-20-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doubt it would keep your warranty. If it does then do it but i doubt it. If doesnt then install yourself with a buddy. Its mostly just bolt on stuff...simple all you need is the tools and patience.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

900 for the install? forget that, id rather go through the newbie headache install that i did before i put down 900 and 12 hrs of labor. like msdbsptc said, have the right tools, and a lot of patience. i think i am the exemplar individual of not knowing what to do, having learned it, and promote self installation. there are mad heads here willing to help you walk through it, as they did for me. most important, open/box wrenches, socket set, torque wrench, glasses to keep that spipe rust out yo eyes. haha.

heres my old thread explaining things i forgot/needed.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i'd go one of two options if i were you fishingexpert. first of all, zpi said they'd install it for me for 500. i dont't think that's too expensive at all...i think it's a pretty good price. i just dont have the extra 500 bucks to cough up after gauges.

also, ive been thinkin about the tranny cooler......would it simply just make the air coming into the radiator a lot cooler? i dont have the money for fmic...thats like 900 right there. so 60 bucks..if it serves somewhat the same purpose...isnt bad at all. i would just need more info on it.

i'm getting the new megan exhaust i think...i figured 2.5 inches would be enough unless someone else thinks differently...
Old 05-20-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well i would really love to install the turbo myself because i installed most of the things in my car, but I dont want to mess up on anything on the install. plus I need this installed quick, i cant leave it anywhere for a long time for them to isntall because this is my only car. I did find places such as hpmotors and they said they will charge $500 and it will take a week, and another $400 and will take 3 days. lol i cant leave my car for so long. 12 hours is perfect. If i had someone that knew completly what they were doing with me I would definitly install it. because I kno the biggest headache of the install is removing the oil pan, but i read that using a small torch will move it quick. but once i get the money for the turbo I will see what I can do.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

what about kaeon? isnt he from FL?
Old 05-20-2006, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the megan drift-spec 2.5" , so u think that will be fine for the turbo right. cuz i hve heard ppl using 3" exhaust piping for turbo.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yea ddsboi it will be perfect, thats why i have a drift spec, and unseen, i tried asking kaeon but it doesnt look like he wants to come and help me

Quick Reply: so im ordering the zpi stage 0 kit....i'll need.....