Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

So What's a "SICK" install look like..*pics*..

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Looks pretty decent... wouldn't exactly say SICK... I'd say Unique though.

Personally I'd rather have my temperature control **** with the rest of the controls.

Edit: Since this is just the pics of the wideband.... and not where it went in (spipe/midpipe or wherever else), shouldn't this be in ICE?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice, I want that too.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't wait to see both of us out there kickN a$$ and taking names.... Have a safe trip back bro.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good lord.. took Kenny and Sean long enough... I was there the night Sean started that project.. as were you Travis.. how long ago that was.. seems like forever ago.. But glad to see it is finally done and looking sickkkkk.. Mad props to ZPI for taking on yet another crazy Travis project...
Old 12-16-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spect2K3
Hmm, 1 stock seat and one racing seat huh? I like it...different, but I like it. No reason the passenger needs a racing seat. I think you should leave the 2nd one out - otherwise your girl will never want to sit in the car with you....."what is this seat i'm sitting in" lol

The reason for only having 1 seat right now is because Travis was just testing it out. We've had the seats for quite some time (2 of them that is), but haven't had the car being it's been in KY at ZPI. The night that he got back with the car, he stayed up putting the one seat in. The seats aren't that comfortable and being 7 months prego they really suck lol He will eventually get around to putting the passenger seat into my car. She won't be driven as much as before, being we needed a 3rd car for the baby. She will soon officially be a race car only and I can't wait to have this child so I can go back out and kick some man butt!! lol Sorry guys

Thanks everyone for the compliments. We've been really excited about getting her back and seeing the results!
Old 12-16-2006, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by AbstractRacing
I've seen that set up before. I know for fact that to have a Corbeau sponsorship. You have to have 2 seats and 2 harnesses. I hope you have 2 decals on the car too.

Sure do..... Just got the car back only 2 days ago, so gotta put the decals on, and the harness setups and take pics and send to Corbeau.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk

Personally I'd rather have my temperature control **** with the rest of the controls.

Edit: Since this is just the pics of the wideband.... and not where it went in (spipe/midpipe or wherever else), shouldn't this be in ICE?
I agree... its alright, as I have seen it done before.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
agree! full shot is a must!

Honestly, the exterior hasn't changed except missing the front lip...(broke it remember). And only performance goals have been worked on. The only cosmetic mod has been the seats (which are performance mods at the same time, GOD do they feel so much lighter than stock). I tell ya what though, I will get a vid when we get back from FL. I've got some ideas for a new vid.

Originally Posted by Butane
The wideband looks cool, but, for me, I would like just move my eyes to see what my af's are not look away from the road. But again that is me...
Weeeellll, seeing as how our car has NEVER had a wideband hooked up to it before, and only street tuned based on Kenny's knowledge (tuning PRO), I don't have to constantly check it all the time. I've only really paid attention to idle A/F's, and that's while sitting at a stop. I have raced this car MULTIPLE times as you know, and this is the FIRST time it's been tuned on a wideband, that's how good Kenny is at tuning, and knowledge about the tC and what it does on Emanage.

Originally Posted by mattvs
it's still only for datalogging and monitoring 8]

Originally Posted by EnderSavesTheDay
hey i was wondering... w/ all that CF and the bucket seat and other weight-loss mods.... did you get your car balanced?
I think I'm going to wait until the suspension components are completed. As in Sway bars installed. It's on H-techs right now, and probably upgrade to Full Coils. I will though.

Originally Posted by chrischoi
Who else had that set up?
I have seen one other tC that put a gauge there, and moved the temp ****. But I don't believe it was an AEM wideband setup. The AEM is actually too big, so it had to be cut in half in order to fit. But it was a while ago since I seen that post, so I'm not 100% on what he had there. There are other widebands that are smaller, and would fit easier, but the AEM....not happening...lol.

Opinions are opinions. I for one say it's SICK, therefore....SICK it shall be....lol.

Glad I can be different.

AEM wideband.....ICE? FYI, it's in the S-pipe if that makes you feel better.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
Originally Posted by AbstractRacing
I've seen that set up before. I know for fact that to have a Corbeau sponsorship. You have to have 2 seats and 2 harnesses. I hope you have 2 decals on the car too.

Sure do..... Just got the car back only 2 days ago, so gotta put the decals on, and the harness setups and take pics and send to Corbeau.

Another one of my goof ups, I posted under my girls name.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0

And all GReddy kits look the same...
Old 12-16-2006, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I guess a simple..."good job" would be to much to ask for.
Travis if you had a Greddy kit under the hood.. you would be a god to them...
But you dont .. you just have the street proven kit under that hood that demolishes all...
Old 12-16-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah but all your shots are of the Interior... That's just from my moderator POV.

As do all turbonetics kits and Dezod Kits and pretty much any kit out there. It's only the custom ones that look... custom.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB

But you dont .. you just have the street proven kit under that hood that demolishes all...

*places hands together and gives the Martial Arts bow*
Old 12-16-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah but all your shots are of the Interior... That's just from my moderator POV.

Because the gauge location is more important, but I would never consider it ICE...lol. Not here to argue with you over it. So, where is your wideband installed? Even if I got engine shots, you would probably find something else to say anyway, so what difference does it make? We are both Scikotics members, so live a little, and show some love.

As do all turbonetics kits and Dezod Kits and pretty much any kit out there. It's only the custom ones that look... custom.
Lol, I'm teasing you back, as you and Zer0's comments imply that you see this everyday or something (that's where the GReddy comment came from). And if you haven't noticed, It's hard to find a ZPI kit that looks exactly like another ZPI kit. I'm not talking piping, I'm talking overall general presentation.

Anyhow, it's about the gauge, and the work and attention to detail they did was wonderful. I'm enjoying the new tune and new PSI. Vids will come when I get back from doing the family thing here in FL.

*edit*...can you imagine this thread being started in the ICE section.... I might get comments like "whats a wideband do?".... F/I is where we are 95% of the time when any of us boosted people sign into SL. So, I felt the thread had it's proper starting point (if up to me, we would have a sub culture under F/I, that involved "ice, bling, etc..")
Old 12-16-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Because the gauge location is more important, but I would never consider it ICE...lol. Not here to argue with you over it. So, where is your wideband installed? Even if I got engine shots, you would probably find something else to say anyway, so what difference does it make? We are both Scikotics members, so live a little, and show some love.

Lol, I'm teasing you back, as you and Zer0's comments imply that you see this everyday or something (that's where the GReddy comment came from). And if you haven't noticed, It's hard to find a ZPI kit that looks exactly like another ZPI kit. I'm not talking piping, I'm talking overall general presentation.

Anyhow, it's about the gauge, and the work and attention to detail they did was wonderful. I'm enjoying the new tune and new PSI. Vids will come when I get back from doing the family thing here in FL.

*edit*...can you imagine this thread being started in the ICE section.... I might get comments like "whats a wideband do?".... F/I is where we are 95% of the time when any of us boosted people sign into SL. So, I felt the thread had it's proper starting point (if up to me, we would have a sub culture under F/I, that involved "ice, bling, etc..")
It's definitely Unique - not something I would do but it's pretty neat. Being pretty noob to turbos, I'd rather have my A/F up where I can see it (mine's up on my pillar pod). Mine's actually in the midpipe - didn't want to cut and weld into the S-Pipe again - much more room on the midpipe for me. I do agree with you on that a lot of people won't know what a wideband is. We need a subculture - Scions got Blown? :D
Old 12-16-2006, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It's definitely Unique - not something I would do but it's pretty neat. Being pretty noob to turbos, I'd rather have my A/F up where I can see it (mine's up on my pillar pod). Mine's actually in the midpipe - didn't want to cut and weld into the S-Pipe again - much more room on the midpipe for me. I do agree with you on that a lot of people won't know what a wideband is. We need a subculture - Scions got Blown? :D

Yeah, I've had a few ask what's it's job. The bung was pre-welded back when I got the turbo installed. Kenny was thinking ahead of time...lol. Something about a boosted tC.....yum. This is our first turbo car as well. But I kinda have a master tech (Kenny Strickler), so I kinda breathe a little easier with being able to just visit my ZPI neighbors if or when a problem occurs. Kinda sucks, cause we just got the car back 2 days ago, and only had 2 days worth of driving her before having to come to FL. Won't be back till next week, so me and my Misti are still feeling like "we have missed our child"....lol. I love the Z, but man do I love the boosted tC.

A twin turbo Z and a boosted tC, I think I could rest easy after that......NOT!
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow....

So let me get this straight.... You now need to look to the center of your dash to monitor A/F - which means you'll have to not look at the road or even have it in your peripheral vision.

Dumbest. Move. Ever.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB

Old 12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you have any pix behind the gauge ?

thanks
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
Wow....

So let me get this straight.... You now need to look to the center of your dash to monitor A/F - which means you'll have to not look at the road or even have it in your peripheral vision.

Dumbest. Move. Ever.
I don't have to constantly check it all the time. I've only really paid attention to idle A/F's, and that's while sitting at a stop.
There's the answer. I'm guessing the gauge is only to be used to look cool and to tune. I'm with ya on this, IceNine, that there's a little bit of a huge compromise to driver functionality but evidently, it's not quite so important to rhythmnsmoke. Meh, I'd personally want to be able to see if my gauge ever runs red while driving but that's me, and a few others I guess.

Daily functionality = doesn't appear to have any.

But I think it looks pretty damn badass.
And if it still works for the tuner then it works.

So for the intended owners, the gauge position is perfect. Besides, it's smarter than putting all the gauges in the center console compartment. When your CD cases hide your gauges you know your "sleeper" has gone too far.

Quick Reply: So What's a "SICK" install look like..*pics*..