Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

So What's a "SICK" install look like..*pics*..

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
There is nothing to settle... We all know that Rhythm and I live long enough distance apart where a "rivalry race" won't happen. It isn't worth my time or his.

And I just can't respect people who lie or consistently spew out incorrect statements in an attempt to show that they "know what they're talking about".

Seriously, would you want someone who wants to get into tuning to ACTUALLY BELIEVE that the center of his temperature controls is the best place for his AFR gauge, and that it's the BEST location for monitoring and "street tuning"?

Common sense says no. For non-tuners, that's fine. It's for looks, which means common sense says "SLAP THIS THREAD IN I.C.E." like others have already mentioned.

And anyone who thinks Street Tuning is a good alternative to dyno tuning needs to have their head examined - and in the case of rhythm he's already stated he doesn't know how to tune. So now that gauge sits in the middle of his temp controls for no other reason than to be an expensive disco ball.

It's not the best way to do it, it's not the right way to do it, and if you don't like my opinion on it and thinks it makes me an a$$, then kindly ignore my posts. You'll be doing YOURSELF a favor.
I'm still waiting on those vids of your car going down the track....Mr. Master Scion Tuner. Being that the track is probably closed, I haven't even so much as seen a vid of your car on the road making a pull or anything. Count to 5 (you start at 1 first by the way), and I could have a vid posted on here at command. Probably call up my boy with an S2k and have him race me, just for the heck of it.

The old saying goes "put up or shut up", so why are you still talking? Cause you sure as hell haven't put up anything. Ok, how about you at least take a pic of the car or something, perhaps a tire or two......you DO have a camera don't you?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I'm still waiting on those vids of your car going down the track....Mr. Master Scion Tuner. Being that the track is probably closed, I haven't even so much as seen a vid of your car on the road making a pull or anything. Count to 5 (you start at 1 first by the way), and I could have a vid posted on here at command. Probably call up my boy with an S2k and have him race me, just for the heck of it.

The old saying goes "put up or shut up", so why are you still talking? Cause you sure as hell haven't put up anything. Ok, how about you at least take a pic of the car or something, perhaps a tire or two......you DO have a camera don't you?
Of course... what kind of pictures are you looking for? There are TONS of pics up. If you want something right this second, I think it's still on www.rippmods.com or you can check the link in my sig. Are you looking for a 1/4mi vid with an actual time? Where's yours?

Yes. E-town is closed for the season. If you want a vid in the 1/4 you have to wait until the tracks open in the spring. And even then, I won't go rushing out the door to make a vid. I'll do it at a time when I have absolutely nothing better to do.

You have a new child now, right? You'll soon find out just why it's simply not on my radar to make a video just to shut up a forum person.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
Can someone get this guy out of the thread (IceNine). You FOREVER feel the need to bash our car and ZPI. Why can't you give it up and grow up! Obviously, the mods don't see this thread as being ice since it hasn't been moved. As for you on the other hand, you need to move on and find something better to do than constantly talk $hit about a car you've NEVER seen in person and have no idea what it's capable of. Leave the thread if you can't handle the fact that it's not in the right forum to make you happy and because you feel bad @$$ since you can talk so much $hit through a computer screen!
First of all, i'm not the one getting all emotional here You are.

I bash wrong info in all forms. If you think putting something as important as AFR in the middle of your heater controls is a great thing, well, then - that's fine. You go right on thinking that way. I'm not telling you how to think, don't tell me how to.

I go to all my local meets. People in my area know me, and they know I'm not some random internet BS artist. If I don't know something, I defer to someone who does. I won't claim to know everything.

I have the right to my opinions, like them or not. There's statements on SL that make sense, there's statements that don't, and then there's outright lies by shady dealers and their cheerleaders. I've always said that car enthusiasts are a jaded lot, and I'm one of the most jaded out there. I'm sorry you don't agree with my opinions or statements, and you have that right. But don't attempt to rob me of MY right to MY opinions and statements.

I'm not going to stop expressing my opinions because some ZPI cheerleaders decide to throw out insults instead of simple common-sense facts.

Still waiting bro... You got time to vomit at the keyboard, you got time to go take a pic or a vid of this Super Duper Super Charged tC you got. You are the Master Tuner, and can tune every car, you are #1 in my book... So, what have you raced lately?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh, I'm sorry, did you mention something about having a 1/4mi vid? There's tons of pics of my car and motor. You simply aren't looking. Vids, just the dyno vid. Which you've already seen.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Of course... what kind of pictures are you looking for? There are TONS of pics up. If you want something right this second, I think it's still on www.rippmods.com or you can check the link in my sig. Are you looking for a 1/4mi vid with an actual time? Where's yours?

Yes. E-town is closed for the season. If you want a vid in the 1/4 you have to wait until the tracks open in the spring. And even then, I won't go rushing out the door to make a vid. I'll do it at a time when I have absolutely nothing better to do.

You have a new child now, right? You'll soon find out just why it's simply not on my radar to make a video just to shut up a forum person.

Wow, good PLUG for rippmods there.... I can tell you to go to Putfile, or Youtube in the same manner and find OLD pics of our car or videos for that matter.

What a joke... Yeah, I got a son on the way, guess what, he will be fast too...

Nice cop-out by the way. Can you contradict yourself any other way... You don't like where my gauge is, that's what...An Opinion. I like it where it is just fine, my car, my opinion. Like I said, my tuner is AWESOME! ZPI Racing FTW! Hate all you want dog, but I aint going anywhere. And be looking for a Twin Turbo 350Z in the future to hate on while you at it. The location is not going to change just because you don't like it, Save your breathe dude, cause you talking loud but aint saying nothing.

Here is this for COMMON SENSE.....when the temp **** was there, you mean to tell me you have NEVER EVER glanced down at it while setting it to the desired Hot/Cold to make it just right while driving? You mean to tell me, that it's IMPOSSIBLE to just glance down during a drive to see what the A/F's is in the SAME amount of time that it would take for you to adjust the temp ****.....let me guess, you have not ONCE EVER, NEVER, EVER looked at the temp **** while you adjusted it. You blindly adjusted it

Guess your bark is louder than your bite.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

travis bro let it go...he's acintg like a 7yr old instead of a 37 year old going back and forth is not gonna prove anything just let it go and let him think he's won since he has nothing better to do then to troll you
Old 12-19-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh, I'm sorry, did you mention something about having a 1/4mi vid? There's tons of pics of my car and motor. You simply aren't looking. Vids, just the dyno vid. Which you've already seen.

Oh, I'm sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear....."Your current stuff is worthless"...it does not back up anything you say. Does that make sense to you now. Dyno vid.... You would have accomplished the same effect with just scanning in your dyno sheet. Who cares how it spins a set of stationary drums. How does it run? What have you beat? Who have you raced worth mentioning? My tune is (according to you) done incorrectly, yet I can go out right now and hang with the best of them. 1/4?.....what about that 1/8th mile one you did? Where is your thread on that? Not proud of the run or something? Did you mention something about having an actual RACE vid?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Honestly, I don't look at my temp **** to adjust it.. I go by a quick glance and feel. It's hard enough for me to try to keep an eye on my gauges on my gauge pod that something there would be nigh impossible for me to really pay any attention to.

Like I said - it's a unique place to put it. Would I do it myself? No. Would it cause me problems? Yes.

As for street tuning... "why?" Why drive around with a laptop and make tweaks while driving? That's just dangerous.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
travis bro let it go...he's acintg like a 7yr old instead of a 37 year old going back and forth is not gonna prove anything just let it go and let him think he's won since he has nothing better to do then to troll you

Man Pete, You are absolutely right. I just got back from FL today, my baby momma is sound asleep, I think I'm going to go out now and play in our ZPI turbocharged tC that's been running a year strong this month, and NOT look at the Wideband, because I'm so blind I can't see the Bright a$$ digits coming off of it. Thanks for the great advice Pete. I'll holla atcha tomorrow when I get to work.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good deal im still having fun with my zune :D
Old 12-19-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
As for street tuning... "why?" Why drive around with a laptop and make tweaks while driving? That's just dangerous.
Why is it dangerous? It was clearly stated that you use 2 people to do it.. one to drive and one to watch the laptop... You make a run... you pull off the side of the road and tweak.. Make another run and tweak.. repeat until desired tune is done.. Oh and you get a real world conditions.. not just inside shop conditions.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Honestly, I don't look at my temp **** to adjust it.. I go by a quick glance and feel. It's hard enough for me to try to keep an eye on my gauges on my gauge pod that something there would be nigh impossible for me to really pay any attention to.

Like I said - it's a unique place to put it. Would I do it myself? No. Would it cause me problems? Yes.
Key point is, I'm not you.

At your local hangout, of the boosted people, take a survey, and see how many are tuned on a dyno. If you were to hang out with me and where I roll, you will surely find yourself among 300 - 600hp cars that have never seen a dyno except to see what #'s they were putting down.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I guess you don't understand what you should be looking for...

Maybe you're in an area where climate doesn't vary much. That's terriffic. More power to you. If that's the case, then you might NOT have to worry about AFR. You basically spent $300 on a gauge you didn't even need. If all you wanted were looks, great. You did what you set out to do. You put a $300 disco ball in your dash.

See, where I live, we have these things called "seasons". In the summer, we see 90's - sometimes higher. In the winter, we see down to single digits. When air density is higher, you are more at risk of running lean with static injector pulses.

Glancing down to adjust temperature is a sub-1 second affair. Monitoring AFR in taller gears (3rd or taller) is NOT a sub-1 second affair. If you're going to lean out, you have more of an opportunity to do it in 3rd or higher.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

At your local hangout, of the boosted people, take a survey, and see how many are tuned on a dyno. If you were to hang out with me and where I roll, you will surely find yourself among 300 - 600hp cars that have never seen a dyno except to see what #'s they were putting down.
I know several SRT-4 Owners here, as well as a lot of other tuners (Civics, Integras, Supras, etc.). Most of them I know are dyno tuned.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, and I'll bet 90% of those non-dyno-tuned cars could be tuned with a screwdriver since they still have CARBURETORS.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

oh my goodness