Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Sound Performance TC Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Default Sound Performance TC Turbo Kit

Hey my name is Mike from Sound Performance. We are one of the midwests largest tuner shops. Well we have our new TC turbo kit almost done. Here is a link with alot of pictures you can check out. This kit will be done in about 3 weeks. So check it out and let me know what you think..

Thanks
Mike @SP
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94995
Old 01-10-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

any more detailed pics of the manifold? that manifold looks sweet for a top mount turbo!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I have it out getting coated right now. I will have more pics when I get it back next week..
Old 01-10-2006, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

carb legal?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

That I do not know. I think it would pretty hard to make a turbo kit carb legal..
Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Im a newbie to all of this stuff and I just got a couple of questions. What does Carb legal mean? (I think is has something to do with emissons right?) Can I buy a part for my car that doesn't specify if its carb legal or not and I can still pass emissions down here in georgia?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Well carb is legal in all 50 states. I know in IL for emissons they just scan the ecu for codes and check engine lights. I dont know about georgia. I know that I am going to make my kit so there is no check engine light..
Old 01-11-2006, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aprox Price? Since many other companies are releasing their turbo kits, just comparing.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Running the SAFC for management? Are you sure you can get around ECU Relearning and CEL's under 4 grand?
Old 01-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I have found the way around all the SAFC problems.. The price will be right around $4,000 with the fuel system also. I am going to have all pricing in the next week or so..
Old 01-11-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wonderful... us N/A guys are really hoping for some progress on our side in regards to the SAFC issues..... You'd make some good SL friends when the kit comes out, as we'd love to be able to tune our rides better and are limited currently....
Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Yea but I am not sure if I am going to share the fix just yet. I know that if I share the fix that every one is going to copy our kit and go with the SAFC insted of the e-manage because it would save in cost but I will be installing the SAFC'S and tuning them at the shop...I might also make a harness for the SAFC so it will be a easy install and then I can hide my little tricks to make it work...
Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That's understandable...

Eventually it will make the "papers" though, but I can appreciate you wanting to keep it proprietary until your release...

I like the harness idea... I would definately be interested.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:05 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Where are you from
Old 01-11-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Unfortunately... Portland, Or
Old 01-11-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where is the shop located?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Parts_Pimp
Yea but I am not sure if I am going to share the fix just yet. I know that if I share the fix that every one is going to copy our kit and go with the SAFC insted of the e-manage because it would save in cost but I will be installing the SAFC'S and tuning them at the shop...I might also make a harness for the SAFC so it will be a easy install and then I can hide my little tricks to make it work...
But from the other side you want us (the customer) to shell out 4 grand for a turbo kit with a fuel system that no one (besides you) has gotten around with the stock computer....all because you say you know a way around it and no concrete proof of that until we actually get the kit and try it out on our own (unless of course you're lucky enough to live by the shop and see for yourself). I'm not saying you don't or do, or am I criticizing your product. I'm just showing you another angle than just hiding your secrets for the sake of controlling the market. The more products out for the tC means more competition. More competition means better products and lower prices, so it's all good.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

this sounds good, i would buy this

although i'd might change some parts around haha
Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmm.. interested.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TigertC
Originally Posted by Parts_Pimp
But from the other side you want us (the customer) to shell out 4 grand for a turbo kit with a fuel system that no one (besides you) has gotten around with the stock computer....all because you say you know a way around it and no concrete proof of that until we actually get the kit and try it out on our own (unless of course you're lucky enough to live by the shop and see for yourself). I'm not saying you don't or do, or am I criticizing your product. I'm just showing you another angle than just hiding your secrets for the sake of controlling the market. The more products out for the tC means more competition. More competition means better products and lower prices, so it's all good.
Well I will have the all the dyno numbers up as well as the dyno video. I know our kit will work and be one the top kits on the market. I think the price is pretty fair seeing that most of the kits for $4,000 have no fuel system. Our kit will come with a polished and coated turbo along with a coated down pipe. If you have not seen our supra turbo kits witch produce tons of power and have some of the best quailty on the market then you should check out our web site. People that know Sound Performance know that we produce a kit that makes great horse power and that is very safe for every day driving.. The numbers should be out by the end of next week. We are just waiting on parts to come back from the polisher, coater, and chrome. I will up-date as soon as I can..

Quick Reply: Sound Performance TC Turbo Kit