Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Sparco Harnesses... Now with mini DIY on Page 2.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Super Quick DIY!

Mounting points, as promised...

Use the factory bolt hole on the outside area of the seats. Remove the OEM bolt and replace with the Grade 8 "Eye" bolt. Do this to both sides. You then remove the side floor bolt on the inner sides of the seats. These clips need to be directly bolted using the OEM bolts, and straight to the frame. There is no way to utilize the eye bolt on the inside due to clearance and geometry issues.

FRONT:

REAR:
For the back, fold the seats down. Doing so gives you about 10-15 more degrees of height, making it MUCH safer in case of an accident. Remove the bolts in the "baby seat" bolting points, and replace with a bolt of the same pitch, or use the stock ones. You will only use one of the 2 supplied Sparco eye bolts, and will not use the supplied standard bolt and washer. You need to purchase the double release buckles, so if you have passengers, you can un-clip them, fold the seats up, and use the OEM 3pt in the meantime.

Clipped and un-clipped:

Old 10-05-2006, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Right on man, the deal is the belts I have are TOTALLY different make and model of belt. I have true 4 point bolt in belts. I asked the sparco tech about the baby seat bolts and I was directly ask the size of the bolt, and he told me they were not sufficient that I had to use "whatever it was" size bolt that they supplied and it was only to be mounted to the oem seatbelt bolt holes and to the holes closest to center of the car. Good install though, just does not apply to my application.

Just re-checked, for mine I have to use the supplied or equal 7/16th bolts "2 mounting locations" and cross the belts as I have. Also have to measure but it looks to be in the acceptable 20 degree range for the belts bolted to the back seatbelt bolts but I may be wrong... Would be nice if I could get that extra height... will look into it more tommorow.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Pulling on them was my idea haha!

Sounds like a personal problem...
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member

you could always bolt the shoulder harness to the rear seat belt bolting points.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by Garage1217

Yeah they are, milano 2's

Also mine were packaged and considered 4 points...

I took a look and the oem front seatbelt mounts had airbag sensors attached to them, so I left them in place.. Not sure what all the sensor controlled. So they are just flat against the sides of the car. I also may mount my factory belt latch to the seat brackets so I can use the oe 3 point for the kids or wife...
Yeah identical to mine. The feel of the seats are awesome (material wise).

I had a side air bag sensor on my IS300, and when I installed these seats it disabled my airbag system. However, I had ordered from TRD Japan the side airbag cancellor and it just plugs in place completeling the circuit, turning off the light and enabling the rest of the air bags.
Soooo ummm what are the odds of you being able to order another one of those or giving me a part number please?????

Do you know if I don't have Side airbags will it still allow all the other ones to function?????
Old 10-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Ummmmmmmmm

Lemme see if I can find the package somewhere.

Found it for the IS.......Not sure if it will work with the tC. TRD USA will not sell this item. You have to order it from Japan. Model #82199-JX010

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by Garage1217

Yeah they are, milano 2's

Also mine were packaged and considered 4 points...

I took a look and the oem front seatbelt mounts had airbag sensors attached to them, so I left them in place.. Not sure what all the sensor controlled. So they are just flat against the sides of the car. I also may mount my factory belt latch to the seat brackets so I can use the oe 3 point for the kids or wife...
Yeah identical to mine. The feel of the seats are awesome (material wise).

I had a side air bag sensor on my IS300, and when I installed these seats it disabled my airbag system. However, I had ordered from TRD Japan the side airbag cancellor and it just plugs in place completeling the circuit, turning off the light and enabling the rest of the air bags.
Soooo ummm what are the odds of you being able to order another one of those or giving me a part number please?????

Do you know if I don't have Side airbags will it still allow all the other ones to function?????