Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Spearco Water Injection System (Universal Kit)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to see a s/c go this route. I think it's an excellent kit and would work awesome. I might even add one to mine later this year to make my intake temps freezing instead of cold, lol.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im gonna do it...just gotta take care of some tickets first lol
Old 07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by kytc
I would like to see a s/c go this route. I think it's an excellent kit and would work awesome. I might even add one to mine later this year to make my intake temps freezing instead of cold, lol.
aright...we will see how this really turns out...gonna run it using the spearco injection unit, and use it only as a second map on my unichip, not all day every day
Old 07-21-2006, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

This is my next move also. I think I will pick this up.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the average use with the trd flash will get a few extra hp. Someone with management will get 10+hp .... the water injection keeps your numbers consistant by getting rid of excess heat. The more hp you have to start with the better results you will get w/ this product.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I know this thread is old. But I want to buy simplyscions setup so I want to have some questions answered.

I have researched and now understand how it works. But, I could use this as my cooling instead of an intercooler and run 12 psi safely, correct?
I could have it set to only run when above a certain psi, correct?
I run 9.5 PSI safely now, so the way I see it, if I can set the boost level, I can have it on constantly and only spray above say 9 psi for daily driving. That would be VERY rare for me.
Then at the track have it set to run constant a a run.
Is my thinking correct? or is there something else I would need?
I would wait to install this untill I could have RIPP do this, an emanage install and cams, and 12-14PSI. Just figured I would buy slowly to keep funds rolling.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I know this thread is old. But I want to buy simplyscions setup so I want to have some questions answered.

I have researched and now understand how it works. But, I could use this as my cooling instead of an intercooler and run 12 psi safely, correct?
I could have it set to only run when above a certain psi, correct?
I run 9.5 PSI safely now, so the way I see it, if I can set the boost level, I can have it on constantly and only spray above say 9 psi for daily driving. That would be VERY rare for me.
Then at the track have it set to run constant a a run.
Is my thinking correct? or is there something else I would need?
I would wait to install this untill I could have RIPP do this, an emanage install and cams, and 12-14PSI. Just figured I would buy slowly to keep funds rolling.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
\

Well some people do say that water/injection can make up for a lack of intercooler but to be honest I've never seen data proving it. In regards to your questions yes you can set it to run only above a certain PSI and that is full adjustable from the drivers seat (assuming you mount the controller somewhere near by) for when you are at the track to lower the PSI level at which it activates.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thank you miaplaya.
So do you think it would be safe to run 12psi on the supercharger with the spearco meth kit with no intercooler?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you miaplaya.
So do you think it would be safe to run 12psi on the supercharger with the spearco meth kit with no intercooler?
I honestly couldn't tell you. Without a compressor map for that blower I have no way of knowing what efficiency the compressor is at.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:06 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Its cool. Thanks tho. I guess ICENINE is doing it. I will only ever run that high of boost at the track.
I barely ever hit 9.5 PSI now. I rarely run out the gears.

I bought the spearco kit off Simply Scion. Now I need the GM map sensor and a resevoir!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Use the windshield washer tank... It's like 1 gallon and is designed to hold water and methanol. I've got a 2 quart tank on mine waer injection system -but it's getting old having to fill it up every week because of where I put the tank (under the battery). Windshield washer tank would be like once a month refill -maybe two and it's real easy to refill -even with the engine hot and you can check the level with the cap-mounted dip-stick.

If you need a progressive controller for the meth look at devil's own on-line that's the one I use on my system.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Spearco unit is a progressive controller. As for the map sensor Autometer can hook you up. Check HERE for a good write up on the Spearco Tc install
Old 10-18-2006, 12:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That write up is perfect. I wasnt sure if I could do this myself, but now I know I can. Maybe I will install it now, without tunning or turning up the boost. I can just let it sit and then everything else will come in stages.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyway the Greddy Pressure sensor could be used instead of the GM 3Bar?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Anyway the Greddy Pressure sensor could be used instead of the GM 3Bar?
Absolutely. The reason I said GM Map sensor is that they are cheap if you don't already have one and you can get them from Autometer with a plug in harness. If you have a Greddy Map sensor you just need to know which one it is. 1 bar, 2 bar, 3 bar, etc so you can set the threshold on the controller properlly.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:10 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have been checking prices and with the map sensor and the power supply and all this and that, I am just going to sell my mechanical boost gauage and get an electrical one. It will be much simpler for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been checking prices and with the map sensor and the power supply and all this and that, I am just going to sell my mechanical boost gauage and get an electrical one. It will be much simpler for me.
getting an electric boost gauge is the best way. I did the write up and had to use a GM Map sensor and getting it all hooked up was really time consuming.

I also highly recommend using the washer tank res. It is 4 litters large and I fill up once a month if that. I do drive conservatively though.

If you have any question on the install don't hesitate to ask...
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That is a good write up. I will deffinetly be asking. I might install it when I get it this month.

Only thing I dont like about using the washer tank is not being able to use my wiper fluid.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is a good write up. I will deffinetly be asking. I might install it when I get it this month.

Only thing I dont like about using the washer tank is not being able to use my wiper fluid.
you can. in fact, i'm about to transition to that this weekend. But first I need to do a little homework. I want to find out what the effects of 50/50 water/meth will have on paint and rubber. If it is fine then I'm going to use the tank for both.
The Spearco kit comes with a plug that you use is you were using a seperate tank. I am going to drill the 22mm hole next to the exiting outlet so I can run both.

I'll let you know what I find out
Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the help. Good luck with this and I will check back often.

Quick Reply: Spearco Water Injection System (Universal Kit)