Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Spearco Water Injection System (Universal Kit)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jam0321
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
That is a good write up. I will deffinetly be asking. I might install it when I get it this month.

Only thing I dont like about using the washer tank is not being able to use my wiper fluid.
you can. in fact, i'm about to transition to that this weekend. But first I need to do a little homework. I want to find out what the effects of 50/50 water/meth will have on paint and rubber. If it is fine then I'm going to use the tank for both.
The Spearco kit comes with a plug that you use is you were using a seperate tank. I am going to drill the 22mm hole next to the exiting outlet so I can run both.

I'll let you know what I find out
Please let us know cause thats the only thing I am waiting for. I was looking for a small enough tank to fit somewhere else but if the water/meth doesnt hurt the outside of the car then thats what Ill be doing.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i called the good people at Golden Eagle who makes HEET and they explained to me why it WON"T damage car paint or any of the exterior.
HEET is 99%Methanol, which is what is used in windshield washer fluid found in snow states. The 50/50 water/meth in your tank can be used as windshield washer fluid as well.
In fact, Ford makes some windshield washer fluid that is 50% Methanol. it's found in northern states. You can buy a jug of that and just pour it in.
So it's set, i'm going to use the tank with both windshield motor and Water injection.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i called the good people at Golden Eagle who makes HEET and they explained to me why it WON"T damage car paint or any of the exterior.
HEET is 99%Methanol, which is what is used in windshield washer fluid found in snow states. The 50/50 water/meth in your tank can be used as windshield washer fluid as well.
In fact, Ford makes some windshield washer fluid that is 50% Methanol. it's found in northern states. You can buy a jug of that and just pour it in.
So it's set, i'm going to use the tank with both windshield motor and Water injection.
I was pretty sure that was the case but didn't want to say anything as I never confirmed that. Thanks for posting that info John!! You're a great resource for this board!!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the heads up and doing the research. I feel much better about it.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya, me too. I was throwing this around the last few weeks. Especially when it was raining and not having the washer fluid was becoming a pain.

thanks for the kind words Robert but i only speak of things I know and that my friend is limited compared to your vast knowledge
Old 10-20-2006, 02:09 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

MIAPLAYA, (or anyone else with knowledge of it), when I go to tune everything for the addition of the meth kit, camms, zpi head....etc, should I look to get the Emanage Blue or the Emanage Ultimate? Is there truly a need to have the ultimate? Can the blue change the rev limiter and delete the speed limiter? Can it properly control everything?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the ultimate, you can control individual cylinders and a whole bunch of other cool $hit
Old 10-20-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by zer0
Get the ultimate, you can control individual cylinders and a whole bunch of other cool $hit
I agree.

And thats good new about the water/meth for us who like to use windshield sprayer

Thanks for finding that out!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

MIAPLAYA, (or anyone else with knowledge of it), when I go to tune everything for the addition of the meth kit, camms, zpi head....etc, should I look to get the Emanage Blue or the Emanage Ultimate? Is there truly a need to have the ultimate? Can the blue change the rev limiter and delete the speed limiter? Can it properly control everything?
No question there. Get the Ultimate. In addition to individual cylinder control I believe it can also auto-tune itself to a target AFR. Forgive me if this is no longer correct but I believe that was in the original press release.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No question there. Get the Ultimate. In addition to individual cylinder control I believe it can also auto-tune itself to a target AFR. Forgive me if this is no longer correct but I believe that was in the original press release.

I dont knwo too much about the ultimate but if it can autotune the a/f's then thats sweet as hell
Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of the coolest features on the Ultimate is the self-tuning air/fuel target map. When you program one of the accessory ports to read your air/fuel ratio, you can plug in a wideband A/F meter into that port and utilize the A/F target map feature. The target map helps speed up initial tuning by building a base map around air/fuel ratios you prescribe for specific rpm ranges. However, this self-tuning feature shouldn’t replace an engine tuner. GReddy states that its A/F target map program is conservative, building you a fuel-rich base map to start from. You will still need to fine-tune the fuel map, but at least it can be established with less effort.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sounds sweet
Old 10-21-2006, 12:10 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sounds good. I guess thats what I will get.

I will deffinetly have it dyno tuned. I know doing this isnt cheap and will not cut a corner and think I know how to tune it. You can choose cheap or correct, but not both.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of the coolest features on the Ultimate is the self-tuning air/fuel target map. When you program one of the accessory ports to read your air/fuel ratio, you can plug in a wideband A/F meter into that port and utilize the A/F target map feature. The target map helps speed up initial tuning by building a base map around air/fuel ratios you prescribe for specific rpm ranges. However, this self-tuning feature shouldn’t replace an engine tuner. GReddy states that its A/F target map program is conservative, building you a fuel-rich base map to start from. You will still need to fine-tune the fuel map, but at least it can be established with less effort.
+1 on all this. Although I will say in the Z world a lot of tuners have had diffculty getting the Emanage Ultimate to interface with the more common wideband AFR units out there. (Innovate LC-1 specifically) Make sure the one you buy is compatible. ALthough technically the EU (Emanage Ultimate) can be tweaked for different signal many tuners found out the hardware that it doesn't always work.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I run a PLX wideband and it works well. And most of the features have shown to work on the tC so far.

Now if I could only figure out how to wire my Greddy 3bar map sensor to this Spearco WIS...
Old 10-21-2006, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I run a PLX wideband and it works well. And most of the features have shown to work on the tC so far.

Now if I could only figure out how to wire my Greddy 3bar map sensor to this Spearco WIS...
It shouldn't be too hard I dont think. All MAP sensor are built the same for the most part. There should be 3 wires on the MAP sensor harness. One should be 5 volt constant, one is ground and the other is variable from .45 volts to 4.5 volts IIRC. You just need to figure out which one is not 5 volts or ground. That third one should be the MAP signal. The chart included with the WIS has the threshold settings for either a 2 bar or 3 bar so just set it for that. If you have a volt meter you can temp clip to the signal wire and do a full boost run you should be able to watch the output voltage for the boost pressure you want the unit to begin spraying at. I would recommend doing this on a dyno.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It shouldn't be too hard I dont think. All MAP sensor are built the same for the most part. There should be 3 wires on the MAP sensor harness. One should be 5 volt constant, one is ground and the other is variable from .45 volts to 4.5 volts IIRC. You just need to figure out which one is not 5 volts or ground. That third one should be the MAP signal. The chart included with the WIS has the threshold settings for either a 2 bar or 3 bar so just set it for that. If you have a volt meter you can temp clip to the signal wire and do a full boost run you should be able to watch the output voltage for the boost pressure you want the unit to begin spraying at. I would recommend doing this on a dyno.
That reminded me of my latin class

Took me reading it like three times to understand it fully
Old 10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4

That reminded me of my latin class

Took me reading it like three times to understand it fully
LOL sorry...I can type it up a little more user friendly if you want :D