Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Split Second: Fuel Enrichment Tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Split Second: Fuel Enrichment Tool

http://www.splitsec.com/products/Enricher.htm

Called the company and asked all the details about its abilities and precision, sounds like a spot on tool for me to cover partial throttle boost with the G-EMU. I have the Turbonetics kit with a BB turbo and it spools insanely fast (ElevationTC can testify) so I hit partial throttle under normal driving conditions. Otherwise, I have to drive it slower than a limp mode TC would go to stay out of boost lol. This little bugger should do the trick quite nice

If anyone has had experience with it, please input!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i think this is the same thing dezod used, aka the Dezod black box. hit them up for more info
Old 06-19-2010, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no first-hand experience with any O2 signal modifiers (other than the FIC) but if you want one, the URD AFR Sensor Calibrator is worth a look too. It appears to do much the same as the SS Enricher except that you tune it with software as opposed to dip switches and pots.

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1230100028
Old 06-19-2010, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think dezods blackbox would be better

Old 06-19-2010, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they dont make the black box no more, and the item on that site is the wrong unit. you want an AFR calibrator with a built-in map sensor. and the URD one is the same thing as the Split Second box.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.splitsec.com/products/psc1/PSC1001.htm

The one I meant to post ^^

But yes, the same as the Dezod black box. The above unit is 199 so it's a bit cheaper than the URD.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the time being, I've wired in just the 02 portion to the F/IC universal harness and it works like a charm but I'd rather not use 2 piggybacks if I don't have to lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
http://www.splitsec.com/products/psc1/PSC1001.htm

The one I meant to post ^^

But yes, the same as the Dezod black box. The above unit is 199 so it's a bit cheaper than the URD.

Thanks for the input guys.
Are you sure that voltage signal modifier will work with the AFR sensor? It's described as a MAF/MAP signal modifier. My understanding is that the detection circuitry in the ECU generates the voltage signal from the AFR sensor's alternating current flow. Have you confirmed with SS that it will work?

I could be wrong but I think you need a more specialized device to modify the AFR sensor's output signal to the ECU. Gadget at URD could certainly clarify this.

FYI:

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h37.pdf

Check out pages 7 & 8.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I talked to the guy on the phone and explained my exact situation and he was very very knowledgeable. Despite what I've linked in the thread so far, he is sending exactly what I need. It has laptop interfacing and modifies the current going to the sensor based off of a built in MAP sensor.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make sure you check and double check the maps when you load them, sometimes you'll have a cell in the map table load in as 25.5, just an FYI. i ran into this like 3 or 4 times now.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After some double and triple checking, I think the unit I've ordered doesn't have the laptop interface but the dials and the manual I looked at on their site (.pdf) was pretty easy to understand. The less complicated, the better. Either way, I still have my F/IC if all else fails
Old 06-20-2010, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you using the Pressure sensor too?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After some double and triple checking, I think the unit I've ordered doesn't have the laptop interface but the dials and the manual I looked at on their site (.pdf) was pretty easy to understand. The less complicated, the better. Either way, I still have my F/IC if all else fails
Just wondering, where did you order the unit from?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am using the on-board MAP sensor and the O2 circuit of the F/IC to handle the partial throttle boost and the EMU for WOT.

I ordered it via phone after having a long conversation with the guy from Split Second.

http://www.splitsec.com/products/products.html
Old 06-21-2010, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I talked to the guy on the phone and explained my exact situation and he was very very knowledgeable. Despite what I've linked in the thread so far, he is sending exactly what I need. It has laptop interfacing and modifies the current going to the sensor based off of a built in MAP sensor.
I'm pretty sure he'll be sending you the "Enricher". AFAIK it's the only unit SS offers to alter a WB O2 sensor signal. In any case it should do the trick.

What are you using for fuel management? (edit: what's a G-EMU?)
Old 06-21-2010, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate. I've been on the F/IC for over a year and I decided to take the plunge and invest in something that daily drives better and has more features including those to avoid the hard rev cut on the redheaded stepchild 07 ECU. This is most annoying in 2nd gear because I'm going to spin regardless and as soon as it hits redline, nothing for over 1 second so all the boost and momentum is gone. I get no bounce to let me spin on the limiter for another second or two to gain enough momentum to shift to third without bogging. Extremely annoying.

The F/IC is a very capable unit and the price is unbeatable but the G-EMU offers soooo much more.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

G-EMU = Greddy E-Manage Ultimate. It makes perfect sense but for some reason I thought maybe you found something new. The G-EMU and SS enricher combo should work great together. I considered doing the same with the EMU and URD AFR Calibrator but went with the Dezod/APR X1 instead.

Good luck with the new EM setup, not that you need it. Closed loop fuel enrichment is the only critical thing the G-EMU seems to lack.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the closed loop issue is really easy to get around, even with a custom made resistor setup but I'm very impressed with the smooth and added power of the Greddy over the F/IC.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's exactly how I feel about the X1 vs the FIC. The FIC works okay for what it is but the X1 is so smooth and even with just Dezod's base cal, I can feel a lot more power. I still have some idle AFR issues to resolve and minor tuning but it's already better than a well-tuned FIC.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's nice to see more alternatives to the F/IC out there even though it is a very user friendly and capable unit. The price makes it even more attractive but for us perfectionists things like the X1 and EMU with O2 mod systems make driving the car soooo much nicer. It makes me feel way better about how much money is under the hood of the car. It's almost like a whole different car when tuned on a better piggy-back.

I don't have any experience with the X1 but the EMU is soooo close to a standalone given it's capabilites but with none of the major drawbacks like A/C and rich idle. Our cars are unique is almost every inconvenient way lol but with enough effort and research, people like us can make it better for others to follow. Keep me update on your X1 experience if you get the time!

Quick Reply: Split Second: Fuel Enrichment Tool