Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Split Second: Fuel Enrichment Tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll give it a try. I would really like to be able to just drive, and not worry that I'm boosting in closed loop anymore without fuel enrichment.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha thats funny cuz ive modified my driving too, it also sucks cuz NOBODY can drive my car do to partial throttle boost honestly my car is no longer fun to drive, so ive been praying for this solution witout having to go standalone or 1400+ piggyback (APX1)
Old 07-02-2010, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I hear you about not too fun to drive. I'll let you know how mine works out.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll get a video up soon enough of my gauges because the boost and AFR are both in the cubby. My turbo spools stupid fast and both gauges are analog (AEM UEGO) so it's easy to see what I'm talking about in regards to instantaneous response and stabilization of AFR's in partial. Also the transition to open loop from partial throttle.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man this is crazy i went to pick up my zpi kit that i was buying off a guy local he posted on craigslist i get to his house and he has this already wired up to his pnp harness and the 3 wires are taped just like u said but one thing i dont see that screw you where talking about for adjustment???

i'll get pics up tommorow of the taped harness
Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just received mine and will be installing tomorrow. I understand how to install it, but am having a little trouble understanding the pin-out. Can anyone tell me if these are correct? I have an 06.

Power (E4-1)
Ground (E6-1)
A/F Sensor (E7-23)

Also, am I correct to be sending the o2 reference wire to the A/F Sensor pin? Any input would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I installed mine this weekend, and when I set it to test mode the richest I could get it was 13.5 (no matter what I changed the setting to).

Rangerryda, did you tap directly into the ECU harness or into the plug and play harness for the emanage. I used the emange harness, do you think this could be affecting it? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the guy i bought mines from had his taped into the emange pnp harness and i think he had it set for low 12's during part throttle
Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
http://www.splitsec.com/products/dat...nricher_ds.pdf

This is the install manual. I'd have to pull out my glovebox to check the wiring again but the customer support over the phone had me wired up perfect in no time. Tuning is a snap. The little metal adjustable screw labeled V1 determines at what psi it activates. It comes preset for about 1.5 psi. If you turn it half turn counter clockwise it will be verrrry close to 0 psi exactly. Then upper left dial is turned counter-clockwise to enrichen the mixture as needed.

The wiring is pretty simple. Tie both grounds together (module and sensor), get switched 12v power, two wires on unit get tied together and one wire taps the O2 reference wire. Long story short, only 3 wires touch your car's wiring... power, ground, and sensor reference (same wire the F/IC uses to modify AFR's via the O2 map).

Also it needs a vac line but you can just T-Tap it off the line for the Greddy or run it's own line. It looks very weather proof so you could easily mount it under hood.
is this on the unit itself i dont see it on mine or in the software
Old 07-13-2010, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^It's inside the unit, you need to take off the scews and the backing plate. The enricher does not come with software though.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RichTc
I installed mine this weekend, and when I set it to test mode the richest I could get it was 13.5 (no matter what I changed the setting to).

Rangerryda, did you tap directly into the ECU harness or into the plug and play harness for the emanage. I used the emange harness, do you think this could be affecting it? Any help would be appreciated.
So i got the same result when I tapped into the ECU harness (for just the AFR wire). I'm thinking that it has something to do with either the idle adjustment map or anti-stall settings in the emanage. I'm going to take off the emanage tonight and see if enricher works at idle without the ultimate.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

message elevation he was in the car with ranger when he tuned this bad boy
Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same results when I taped directly into the harness and removed the ultimate.

Maybe the wire needs to be tapped into the 'heated oxygen sensor" (e7-29) instead of the A/F Sensor I used (e7-23).
Old 07-16-2010, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got it figured out with the help of split-sec. Turns out I had the wrong wire tapped into the AF pin. They were very helpful in helping figure it out.

Product appears to work well, haven't had much time to test and play with it though.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to bring back a dead post but it's been a while since I've logged in. Split Second knows their stuff so any tech advice, give them a call first before splicing into anything. If they are of no help, then talk to us. He walked me through the install and every wire in the harness before I cut anything so it was a piece of cake. There are some very finicky settings in the EMU that can have adverse effects on performance like idle adjustment and other maps that over lap air/fuel based maps. I just avoided them all together and stacked the two fuel maps. Elevation turned me on to the idea of doing that to keep the fuel maps as simple as possible. Map 1, just take out as much fuel across the board at idle with the hood open to reach minimal fuel trims. Map 2, tune for power during WOT and partial, even if your car won't go into open loop, it's better to have it tuned anyways in case it does. Other than that, play with timing and set up your datalogger nicely to make life simple then on to tweaking the Split Second box.

Another thing is the box only alters the reference the AF sensor is seeing via current, not voltage. How rich you are able to get it to go will vary depending on the size of the injectors since the car is still assuming there are stock injectors. +10% fuel on 630cc's is a ton more than 10% on 440's. Get my drift? Either way, 13.5 isn't too horrible for light load conditions. By the time you stay into the throttle to keep the psi up as RPM's raise, the car will go into open loop and use the Greddy fuel map anyways. If you stab the throttle to 75% and hold it, it will change. If you fade in lightly like normal boosted acceleration, it tends to stay in closed loop.

Have fun and enjoy! I know I am because I haven't touched a thing regarding tuning since I started this post!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad to hear that the Enricher is still working well for you since I just ordered one to replace the APR Tacoma X1 and Dezod PnP harness.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:49 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

dang Fred, apparently you went to hell and back with the X1. Giving up?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Carlanga
dang Fred, apparently you went to hell and back with the X1. Giving up?
Yeah, enough is enough. IMO the X1's current Tacoma MAF calibration is too different from my XB to work with a AT.

Last edited by ScionFred; 09-17-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can anyone tell me what color the signal wire is on the AFR sensor? I got my Enricher today and plan to tap the signal wire on the AFR sensor lead rather than at the ECU harness.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Can anyone tell me what color the signal wire is on the AFR sensor? I got my Enricher today and plan to tap the signal wire on the AFR sensor lead rather than at the ECU harness.

You can finially be happy. PM brad on here ranger.

Quick Reply: Split Second: Fuel Enrichment Tool