Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Stealthy tC???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Stealthy tC???

No its not the invisible to radar thing!

OK, I like to know if there is a tC turbo here that sports the stock look? If there is, can you please give me a link on it?

Because I wanted to do a turbo setup but don't want an "Import tuner look", instead I'm going to look just like stock with the exhaust or if possible look like the stock exhaust too...

BTW: I know I'll have to have an intercooler, is there any way to make the front look stock or at least make the intercooler stealthy?

Thanks pipz! I just like how "stock/OEM" looks...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you want stock sound too? As in, quiet?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep the bottom grill on or paint the IC black.. that should keep it pretty stealthy
Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ ummmm, as far as engine bay goes, no there is no way to keep it looking like stock. As for exhaust, you could easily keep it "looking" stock yet still be a nice exhaust. I just had a custom 2.5 inch turbo exhaust done. Check out rhythmnsmokes tc, his is pretty stealth as well as Pollup as well. he just posted new pics. But under the hood it won't look stock.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could of course stay stock.

You could paint the FMIC face black.

You could just go without the FMIC.
-get water injection
-get an air-water intercooler; possibly one by PWR. Since it'd sit between the turbo and the throttle body rather than out in front, someone looking straight at the car's front wouldn't know the difference unless your hood is popped.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't care about the engine bay, I just like the outside to look like a regular unadulterated MT tC...

Also, the interior is my concern also, has anyone mounted those gauges to look stock with the interior? (I don't like any wires sticking out...)

Ohh, and the sound is there any way to make it sound "almost quiet" when driving normally and still get a nice sound and full potential of the turbo? (great thing would be to reinstall the old crappy exhaust finisher it came with )

I'm only doing this because I don't like the sight of pipz looking all over your modded tC like the modded un-turboed tCs here in Vegas...

CAN I PLEASE HAVE THOSE LINKS?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
^^ ummmm, as far as engine bay goes, no there is no way to keep it looking like stock. As for exhaust, you could easily keep it "looking" stock yet still be a nice exhaust. I just had a custom 2.5 inch turbo exhaust done. Check out rhythmnsmokes tc, his is pretty stealth as well as Pollup as well. he just posted new pics. But under the hood it won't look stock.

Heheee...The only thing stealth about us is that the car is black..

I think the "turbo > na" on the back bumper kinda gives it away....
Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok forpinks....You got three options.

1) ZPI Stage 0 (no fmic), total sleeper. will need to get the WG routed back into the exhaust for a sleeper sound.

2) Forget the name of the maker, but there is someone making a Remote mounted turbo kit for the tC (meaning positioned under the car near the rear. REAL sleeperish even if you popped the hood.

3) Get ANY kit and black out the fmic. Hell, you might not even have to do that if you put your Stock grill back on the car. It totally hides the FMIC.

PS...Running no BOV would also contribute to being quiet. Either that or re-circulate the BOV back into the intake pipe.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Stealthy tC???

Originally Posted by forpinks
No its not the invisible to radar thing!

OK, I like to know if there is a tC turbo here that sports the stock look? If there is, can you please give me a link on it?

Because I wanted to do a turbo setup but don't want an "Import tuner look", instead I'm going to look just like stock with the exhaust or if possible look like the stock exhaust too...

BTW: I know I'll have to have an intercooler, is there any way to make the front look stock or at least make the intercooler stealthy?

Thanks pipz! I just like how "stock/OEM" looks...
but why???
Old 05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats FMIC?

Are you sure its OK to reinstall the grille the tC has? (wont that take out the intercooler efficiency?)

OK, I'm just getting a ZPI stage-0 with the intercooler and parts needed for stage 1 upgrade and custom 2.5" exhaust and OEM tip to look stock, paint/wrap the turbo gauge pod with OEM looking silver paint and OEM dash fabric, install dark tint...

And make a vinyl that says: NOT F.I. and totally stock!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:04 AM
SL Member

but why would you want to look stock?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the grille is cut not solid.. so air flows just fine.. i dont know about pinks.. but in cali you wanna be as incognito as possible... for cops.. and to sneak up on those damn sti's and evos
Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by djafropiq
the grille is cut not solid.. so air flows just fine.. i dont know about pinks.. but in cali you wanna be as inconspecuos as possible... for cops.. and to sneak up on those damn sti's and evos
good point. yet another reason i love living in a state with no vehichle inspections of any kind.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
but why would you want to look stock?
I don't want kids snooping around my tC just because its an "Import Tuner"

And I use the tC as a "minister's ride", I'm a minister because I divorce people rather than them do adultery
so, I don't like the IRS investigators to see my tC as a "Turbo tC" since I got it with no tax...

NO I'M NOT A PASTOR! but a dude in his 20's divorcing people for donations for a good cause!

Lord, I'm going to hell am I?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

let me know more if u remember about the remote turbo kit...sounds interesting
Old 05-19-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What the hell? I'm lost.
Just get the ZPI stage 0, no F.ront M.ount I.nter C.ooler. It doesnt' even come with a B.low O.ff V.alve so the sound is stock to.

And I dont' know about you, but the most tCs I see rooling round Vegas are totally stock middle aged women. We gotta mod our $hit just so they all know we're not one of them!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
What the hell? I'm lost.
Just get the ZPI stage 0, no F.ront M.ount I.nter C.ooler. It doesnt' even come with a B.low O.ff V.alve so the sound is stock to.

And I dont' know about you, but the most tCs I see rooling round Vegas are totally stock middle aged women. We gotta mod our $hit just so they all know we're not one of them!
I was referring to the "modded" tCs I see at the parking lots of stores... I didn't bother to look at them close because, I will probably be like the kids. most likely they're all from out of state maybe AZ...

Oh, and I said I'm going to do a stage-1 upgrade on the ZPI stage-0 so it will have an intercooler...

And didn't you see my motive for the stock look?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, I meant what the hell to the divorcees for charity thing!

and currently, I'm one of those modded tCs with no boost (yet). One more thing, why dont' you just go for the stage 1 instead of getting the stage 0 with the stage 1 upgrade?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A "Ask Me About My Grandkids" or "Retired" bumper sticker does wonders!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Scion Noics
SL Member

here is my "stockish looking" beast . looks fairly stock to the untrained eye! "Is you car just lowered with tint?" "Yes, Yes it is!"

[/img]

Quick Reply: Stealthy tC???