Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharged Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Supercharged Advice

I've done searched. Lucky me i won a $5000 scratcher and i finally got my money and tax sucks. I now only have about $3750 to spend in supercharger. So my question is im gonna supercharge my tc. but i would like to ask will my car be suitable for just supercharge or do i need to buy pully or whatever. can i run the supercharger with stock mods. if i can that is cool but any suggestion on what i should get along with supercharger? thanks guys
Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member

Wow.. good for you!

I dont know what you can add, i'm a n00b. Have fun!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Spend that money on a turbo.... people have been having problems with the s/c. But if you do for some reason end up going with the supercharger, your car can be stock.

BTW, congrats on the scratcher!
Old 01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i was in your position bieng 19, i would go to a bank and open a CD account. deposit it all in there, by the time your 25 your insurance rates will drop drastically and you can buy a factory turbo'd car.

the money you will be spending on either turbo or s/c wouldnt be enough to satisfy what you look for. people always end up adding more to their setup after they get it.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
if i was in your position bieng 19, i would go to a bank and open a CD account. deposit it all in there, by the time your 25 your insurance rates will drop drastically and you can buy a factory turbo'd car.

the money you will be spending on either turbo or s/c wouldnt be enough to satisfy what you look for. people always end up adding more to their setup after they get it.
Smartest choice isn't always the one you want, but I agree 100%. If you have to ask yourself if you have "enough" money, then you probably don't.

Now, if you'd won, say, $150,000 or something... well then I'd ask you to buy me a turbo as well
Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn congrats on the scratcher haha, thats just crazy. but yea, if you do decide to spend your money on a supercharger you can run it stock, but then again like tikbhoy said you wont be satisfied and you will end up spending more and more money into the car.

you can get a smaller pulley to up the psi, get a header, intake, exhaust, bpv or bov, cams, meht injection, the list goes on. and you will more the likely still get spanked by turbo cars with barely any mods. but if you end up changing the pulley, you will void warranty, then some argue you might as well get a turbo. theres alot to think about, turbo vs. s/c drive differently. but its your own money. congrats!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Best advice you could get!!! If you do get your car Turboed or S/C'd, DO NOT let your insurance know. Save ur money for now!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats i love my s/c but not fast enough if ur not worried bout warenty turbo it
Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

spending more money sounds fine with me i don't care about te warrenty planning to put in together myself. I'm only wanting to S/C it because its more healthier for my engine then turboing it. Also i have MMW Headers and Injen CAI i don't want to put the headers to waste so yea i kind of want to S/C. And i really like IceNine mod. It will be pricey but hey whats gonna last longer? S/C or Turbo? I'm guessing S/C will need less work.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, people actually win the lottery? a scratch and win at that? way to beat the mathmatical odds, now be careful and stay inside next time a thunderstorm is in the forecast. oh yeah, no supercharger, get a turbo. like start with a zpi stage 0. and then progress as you need to.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xjamiex
I'm guessing S/C will need less work.

Do a little research around the F/I section, and then re-evaluate that statement.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Do a little research around the F/I section, and then re-evaluate that statement.

rhythmnsmoke: this is Rich, you commented a video i have on youtube...white tc? just lettin ya know!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCrew_R

rhythmnsmoke: this is Rich, you commented a video i have on youtube...white tc? just lettin ya know!

WAAAAZUUUPPP Rich! Glad to see more boosted tC's WITH vids besides that one with the ZPI kit on it with the Carbon Fiber front end....Man, that guy is a tool...OH WAIT!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

If you get an SC might as well leave it stock and be under warranty. Put that money in an account let it gain some interest and get yourself a fast car. Trust me SC is nice but no where near fast enough.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WAAAAZUUUPPP Rich! Glad to see more boosted tC's WITH vids besides that one with the ZPI kit on it with the Carbon Fiber front end....Man, that guy is a tool...OH WAIT!
i love all the vids you've made. i just wish i had time and someone thats good with a video camera to help me make more vids! either way, keep up the good work on the tc and im looking forward to more of them along the way!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i love all the vids you've made. i just wish i had time and someone thats good with a video camera to help me make more vids! either way, keep up the good work on the tc and im looking forward to more of them along the way!

Look for more 350Z vids to show up too.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd like to know who you bank with.

$3750 + 6 Year CD == a factory turbo car??
Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^^^HAHA!!!! But seriously, if your car isn't paid off I'd put it into the loan. That where my tax return is going.

If it is g/l with what whatever you decide, personally I'd get rims and invest the rest.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Grrrr....so tired of hearing how unreliable the S/C is. Do some research and you will see that MOST S/C owners do NOT have any problems. Yes, there are a lot of threads on here about S/C problems, but people usually only start the thread if they have a problem, the rest of us with thousands of happy, trouble free S/C miles can tell you otherwise. Search for threads with people having T/C problems and you'll see a similar trend. Whether you go turbo or S/C is your choice, but I wouldn't go turbo just because you think that will be less troublesome than an S/C.

But as others have pointed out, there isn't a lot you can reliably do to the S/C and still maintain your warranty. If you want to keep modding, I'd probably go turbo.

Sorry, just had to say that because I'm tired of it getting ripped on all the time when most people have good experiences with them.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Suggestion (being a S/C owner) ... Go Turbo!!! The headaches and frustations are not worth it.

Quick Reply: Supercharged Advice