Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharged Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go ZPI stage zero. that's basically 2700, plus gauges, 400-500, then any other accessories you might want (blow off valve, emanage, maybe a tune if you get management), that will pretty much come down to around 3500. And all things considered you will get a reliable turbo, about 90 whp (i think), and you can have tons of fun with that. In my opinion, of course me still being 18 and ignorant lol, I would do what makes you happy. If you're going to put that in some type of account, by the time you're older you will have other priorities and obligations. Chances are you'll probably spend it on bills and mortage and fun things like that.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say save your money. Save it for bigger and better things. Think about the future. you might need the money later on in life. but who am I to tell you what to do with your money. If you have a loan on the car you can used the money to pay of the loan. If your car is paid off already then go for F/I. F/I will Satisfy you for a while, then you going to want more. It doesn't matter if you have supercharger or turbo. I bet you are going to want more. If you was going get a turbo ask yourself how many times are you going to go to the track a year do not include street racing, now of days people don't know how to street race, they want to start racing around 10 pm when other cars are on the road. street racing is not the same anymore. You suppose to street around 3 in the morning when no one is on the road. If you go the track one or twice a year and you don't have shop by you to keep up with the maintenance for your turbo charged car then then don't go turbo. If you go to the track like almost every weekend then go a turbo kit. If you want just to mess around and want little more power while you driving to work, school, date, club or any other event then go with the supercharger or you can save your money for bigger and better things.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also agree with going turbo if you're really serious about going the FI route. But just remember that just because you can spend that money to get the turbo or sc, you also need money incase you run into any problems. Also the fact that gas prices will be higher if you go FI as well as needing to change the oil more often. Just the little things to consider even if nothing goes wrong with the kits or your car after running the S/C or turbo for awhile.