Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger/cai ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Supercharger/cai ?

I have a 05 tC with s/c. The list of upgrades is the reflash, injectors, full exhaust, 9.5lbs pulley upgrade. someone told me if i put a intake on it the car would run lean what do you guys think on this situation and i would i have to but a fuel management for it?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, you need a piggyback ecu along with proper tuning.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so keep the stock air box for now until i can a piggy back? Which fuel man. would you go with?? i new to the scion community i had a mazdaspeed 3 and it was the biggest pos i ever had so i traded it in on this
Old 12-03-2007, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aem f/ic would be my choice.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Banned
SL Member

i know the AEM F/IC works wonders with the turbo peeps, but what about the S/C? I was going to make a post about this, but I was beat to it. Would it be worth it to get the AEM on top of the reflash?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
i know the AEM F/IC works wonders with the turbo peeps, but what about the S/C? I was going to make a post about this, but I was beat to it. Would it be worth it to get the AEM on top of the reflash?
well...considering that supercharged tc's with emanage go from 190 whp to 220-230 whp, with the stock 7 psi pulley, and the fact that the aem f/ic is superior to emanage in many ways, i'd say yes, the aem f/ic is worth the money for a good 30-40 whp gain.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Banned
SL Member

The only problem with the aem fc/i is you can only pull timing as with the emanange you can add timing which is what you do with meth injection which is what people are doing to get those numbers.

If you want to get a cai I would get a wideband first this way you can see what you are running, I have a Injen cai and run fine all the way to redline with just the reflash.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by jjos1
The only problem with the aem fc/i is you can only pull timing as with the emanange you can add timing which is what you do with meth injection which is what people are doing to get those numbers.

If you want to get a cai I would get a wideband first this way you can see what you are running, I have a Injen cai and run fine all the way to redline with just the reflash.
jjos1, thanks for that. So basically, if I wanted to add a Meth Injection kit and I got the AEM FI/C, it wouldn't help me? Would the Greddy Emanage Blue be suffice then? Or could it just depend on the tuner, if he knows how to tune with the AEM or not?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I run a cone filter and I have come into no problems yet with my supercharger....
Old 12-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

I dont know how much timing is added when you run meth injection I would ask a tuner what they recomend.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
well...considering that supercharged tc's with emanage go from 190 whp to 220-230 whp, with the stock 7 psi pulley, and the fact that the aem f/ic is superior to emanage in many ways, i'd say yes, the aem f/ic is worth the money for a good 30-40 whp gain.
wow...you totally made me want to buy a piggy back system and get the car retuned What size injectors would I need for something like that?