Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

supercharger flash?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
Originally Posted by ScottTc13

Uhhh Dood... lets not throw out inaccurate information. 400 plus install for the reflash is a rediculously over-inflated price. Especially since many many dealers do the entire SC Install for 500! I paid 85 bucks for the reflash from my Toyota Dealer and I did my own SC install. I hear trdsparks will do it for around 125. If you want to verify that, email Ken. ken@sparkstoyota.com It is very easy to remove and replace the ecu. And how much is it really for the emage, plus the harness, plus the tune? If you don't have around 500 on hand for the emanage, you can get the reflash for 125. Or hit up this guy.... 06scionsc He works for Toyota somewhere and actually owns the tool to do the reflash. I think he does it for 50 bucks.
Okay, let me correct you regarding my original statement because it IS accurate information. If you can find a place that does it cheaper, then good job man. But unless you do, the TRD reflash (if you bought the s/c from someone other than the dealer and do not have one with your kit) is 400 dollars which i had quoted from 5 different Toyota/Scion dealerships in the southern california area plus 100 for the install! Don't tell me my info is inaccurate when i was the one that obtained it! Also, TRD sparks is in Myrtle Beach, SC so if you want to drive that far to save some money, by all means be my guest. Now, having said that, the Emanage i picked up for 250 but is typically around for 300-350 (blue that is). You do not need the harness, and IMO is a waste of money because it is not really that hard, nor does it take that long to hard wire it yourself or have the install shop do it. Tune, might run between 150 and 300 bucks depending on where you go. So let's recap shall we?

TRD reflash = 500 total and loss of 15-20whp

Emanage Blue = 300 + 100 install + 300 tune = 700 and choose your whp from a wide range of about 30whp depending on if you are gonna run rich or lean

200 dollars more for anywhere around 30whp...pretty good bang for the buck if you ask me...

But hey what do i know, i only researched this for over a year before i did it myself and have dyno proven results that are pretty amazing IMO!

Think before you post son
Get over it man. The reflash is NOT 500$ TRDSparks charges 95$. You can ship it ya know. You don't have to DRIVE there!! Don't tell me think before I post, I am NOT the one stating bull crap here. And don't insult me by calling me your son. I used the SEARCH button while doing my research and at no time did I ever see someone who said they paid 400+ for a reflash. That's rediculous. Maybe you did your research soooo long ago that it is now invalid. I dunno. Also, Nice inconsistencies in your threads. Before you stated 400+ install for the reflash, and 300+ install for the emanage. Now you reveal the actual total cost of 700 for the emanage after tune. I agree emanage wil get you more HP.. IF you got the extra cash. But regarding the reflash...What are you talking about man? Are you saying if you have to buy the reflash module because you bought the SC used or something and didn't get it? Or are you talking about buying the reflash tool that costs about 500.. that you don't need to buy? If so, that is by far NOT the norm, it is not necessary and if so, you are certainly not clear in your statements. Geez I called every dealer in the Los Angeles area asking how much for the REFLASH, not the TOOL... and the worst price I got was 250 and that is a HIGH price. You are the only person I have heard say 400 plus install. But hey if that is the going price in your area, than that sucks that you couldn't find yourself a better price. There are places like TRDsparks and other dealers that you can SEND it to and have them reflash it and send it back.

Here you go. READ

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=80

Quoted from the above thread by user (Sparks_Scion_TRD_Parts)
If you do it yourself and need it to be reflashed, we do that for $95.00. That includes the Flash and overnight insured shipping back to you. Make sure you don't drive your car without the flash being done. It's not a good thing. Just a thought.

Read more..
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129889

Read some more.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=195033

Read yet some more (It's about TC SC) Post by Garage1217
http://www.lexuslife.com/forums/arch...tallation.html

Anyone insterested, Call Hamer Scion who did mine and ask them if you can send your ecu to them. Ask for the service manager or Carlos. They charged me 85.
Phone: 877-274-0653
http://hamerscion.com/

Or call TRDSparks.com and ask them.
Phone: 843-236-2161

So now tell me. How am I misleading ppl?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can back you up on the reflash prices...

in my area i called several dealers around the bay area and i got prices from $50 - $120.

However, i ended up talking to the service manager where i purchased my scion at and he told me he can just do it for free.

I lucked out apparently, but anyways i never heard of $500 for the reflash either. Maybe if you were to purchase the TOOL then yeah it will be around 500-600.

But yeah, i dont think dealers should rip people off. There really is no larbor involved. Just plug in the ECU into the map module and tool and wait like 20-30 minutes for green light and bam your done.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well im soo glad im on this site so many peeps know soo damm much
Old 10-10-2007, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

and don't u need to tool to reflash your car? hmm...i apologize for not being clear on the fact that the cost included both...any idiot would have put 2 and 2 together anyway...well almost any idiot. And just so you know since you obviously pride yourself on your research, you should have researched the fact that if you get the s/c used, you HAVE to get a new reflash because the one that was used on it originally is not gonna work again. And guess what...a lot of people buy it used, including me but instead of going for the reflash option, i went with the emanage blue and i would say my results are pretty impressive seeing that i spent a lot less on my whole s/c setup than u did on your s/c itself...oh well, enough of this chit chat because it is pointless now and not doing any good for the original poster
Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

OK OK

YOU DO NOT NEED THE TOOL. The place flashing it does.
A reflash should NOT cost more than $100. If you are paying more than $100, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. A COMPLETE supercharger install should be NOT more than $600. If they charge you $400 to plus a cable in and press a buton, that means it only costs $200 for them to spend 8 hours installing the supercharger.
Obviously that isnt the case.

Now onto the emanage. An emanage BLUE is going to run $300. Add in the pressure sensor, the boost sensor, knock sensor, and PnP so that you dont destroy the factory wiring, plus a tune at $250 OR more and you are around $1000 for a piggyback unit.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:39 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So pretty much, any idiot would realize, you dont buy the tool, the company reflashign buys it.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and don't u need to tool to reflash your car? hmm...i apologize for not being clear on the fact that the cost included both...any idiot would have put 2 and 2 together anyway...well almost any idiot. And just so you know since you obviously pride yourself on your research, you should have researched the fact that if you get the s/c used, you HAVE to get a new reflash because the one that was used on it originally is not gonna work again. And guess what...a lot of people buy it used, including me but instead of going for the reflash option, i went with the emanage blue and i would say my results are pretty impressive seeing that i spent a lot less on my whole s/c setup than u did on your s/c itself...oh well, enough of this chit chat because it is pointless now and not doing any good for the original poster
lol whats up with all this anger? i was just trying to help out with my experience. hope you were not talking to me
Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sleep3r
lol whats up with all this anger? i was just trying to help out with my experience. hope you were not talking to me
Sleep3r... He's talking to me. I'm just going to ignore this nonsense after this.

Whether the SC is bought new or used it's 100 bucks for the reflash. I have no idea why you would tell ppl they should expect to pay 500 and buy the tool. That just makes no sense. I never said someone who bought it used wouldn't need a reflash. That's common sense so I don't need to research that. Oh, and Good for you on saving money on a used supercharger. I don't know why you think I care.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
So pretty much, any idiot would realize, you dont buy the tool, the company reflashign buys it.
Well, almost...
Old 10-10-2007, 09:07 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ScottTc13
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Well, almost...
now thats funny