Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger help if possible

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it's the minor leak issue coming from the blower side of the shaft, it shouldnt be a problem to drive around while they wait for the replacement s/c to come in, that's what they made me do, and personally, i'd rather do that then to leave it at the dealership for weeks simply because i'll know what's going on with my car (another dealership i went to went joyriding in it and i only went in for a free oil change...). all you really need to do is make sure your oil level stays up until you get it warrantied.

sorry your having so many problems with the dealership anthony. and it sucks that you had to go over their head to scion corp to get a loaner.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it kinda sucks but at least the rental car got taken cared of. Right now I'm waiting for my ecu to come back from Florida for the trd reflash. They had my car for like nearly a week and they still haven't told me if toyota will cover the supercharger yet so its been pretty frustrating.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they still didnt tell you if they'd warranty it!? i thought since they went ahead and shipped off your ecu, that meant they would..you have an even better argument now if they dont since it was their fault your ecu wasn't reflashed in the first place. say it was because of that
Old 04-13-2008, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah trust me that was in my argument. I was like well it probably failed because of your installation error and like pulled out the install manual and showed that it was the very 1st step and it was bolded. They say toyota might still blame it on the header though but my service guy was like since they are going through all of this trouble then they probably are going to cover it but did not want to promise me anything.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by datboiant
Why would they make you wait a week. They could overnight the s/c in and replace it in a day or 2 and just give you a loaner car. Thats pretty crazy that they are making you drive a failing supercharger for a week.
because toyota does not give a shi.t about scion owners!!!(I had 1 toyota inform me on how they treat scion/toyota owners differently) I have been haveing problems with scion pretty much since i bought my car. the list is too long to go in to detail but this is some of my bs i've dealt with (which should also help explain why scion wanted me to drive my car with known problems)

1) bought car sept '06 (was promised i would have s/c by dec) s/c installed end of may.

2) 1st week of june heard what i believed to be belt issues,it was of some sort(tech at stealership tried to tell me that the s/c kit didnt come with new belt, so they used original belt.....no way in hell that could be true)

3) aug '07 heard more s/c noise it looked like another belt problem or pully ( i could see the belt sliding off the pully) service writer tried to tell me it was "fine" and said that i shouldnt have spent my money on a "turbocharger" at that point i asked to speak to a tech. .... tech agreed that there was a problem with the pully, scion refused to give me a loaner car (scion corporate changed their mind)

4) now with my current problem i skipped calling the stealership to get the repair done and just called the guy in corporate (he said to call in the future if i have any problems) well that guy said that they know (acknowledge) but they cant fix it(said that they already tried) and said i pretty much just have to deal with it........now I will be going through arbitration with scion . and all that is a tip of the ice burg.

Im glad they gave you a loaner car, but stay on them about getting your car fixed and also make sure you get paper work for everything!!!! (you never know when you will need to show proof ) and keep your fingers crossed for positive results in regards to your engine..... I still cant believe they had you driving on a unflashed ecu (i think scion calls them ecm's?) for any amount of time (let alone 7months ) and i really find it hard to believe that the closest tool for the reflash is in fla. (from your area). Good Luck and ill check back later (plz keep us posted)
Old 04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I just got back my supercharger and th install went well it seems. The car is extremely quiet right now with the stock header and new supercharger. They ran a compression test and everything was in the normal range. They did however put a bolt on my pulley which sucks since I had a new pulley waiting to get installed but I guess I'll just have to sell it.