Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

SuperCharger Installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default SuperCharger Installed (pics)

I know you have all seen a S/C before but I am happy so I am sharing.

Well my thoughts:

Paid $3360 for the s/c with tax. Paid $592 for install. It took 14 hours. Done at the dealer.

I have driven it 10 miles and it deffinetly has more power. Did I expect more for the price? YES.

But, without some expensive tires more power would be worthless. I have Kumho Ecsta 712 Supras on it. (18's) and the SUCK. Driving any speed in first and mashing the gas just spins the tires. Hit first to second at full throttle and they spin in second. Chirp in third.

The low rev limiter sucks. I have hit the rev limiter once before today. In my 10 mile drive I hit it twice in second. The RPMS come REAL quick. I know this is good and I have to pay attention more. I am good at driving a stick. I was just alittle surprised how quickly 2nd runs out.

I am not sure but I think my tamper cap is not on. I am not sure what pulley gets replaced with the ZPI pulley. But the end of my S/C where you can see the pulleys is wide open. Maybe the pulley to replace is on the blower end. I have not had time to look. Check the pics out.

Well I am happy for now. I need to see what it can really do. Thanks for looking.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats, looks very nice.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks
Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It dont look like they put the cap on the pulley so your aright. Now if I can only get my car back from my dealership
Old 12-02-2005, 09:34 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So i guess if ZPI's pulley looks remotely the same as this one. I am in the clear to install it and not have warranty problems. No one there seems to know enough about the tC S/C to notice a little different pulley size.

Anyone with a pic of the pulley cap?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice man.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are a lucky one like me, no tamper proof cap! Congrats on the s/c. I know exactly what you mean about fuel cutoff. I went through the same thing when I first got my s/c.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:30 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Are going to upgrade the pulley?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i still wanna know what that cap looks like!~

nice, and congrats on the cupercharger...i have a feeling lots of fun is to come.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:33 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I want to see the cap as well. Anyone got a pic?

When I get back from florida next week I will try and have some fun. I have a friend who should be willing to do some videos with his stock tC against my s/c tC. Should be interesting.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Are going to upgrade the pulley?
Eventually, but probably not 4 a while. My tech is urging me to do it now though.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I want to see the resolts first. I want to see how the a/f is. See if the mapped ecu can handle it. See if the injectors are ok. And see if there are any downfalls to the added boost.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I want to see the resolts first. I want to see how the a/f is. See if the mapped ecu can handle it. See if the injectors are ok. And see if there are any downfalls to the added boost.
Exactly
Old 12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to say TYC tail lights dont look the best on certain colors on the tC, but on the azure pearl with the pedestal spoiler, that looks way sick. From the side it looks like a normally dropped tC with aftermarket rims, but then bam under the hood s/c, and from the rear with the hks exhaust and just the right amount of aesthetic mods, really good job Nick06tC.

If it means anything, get the s2000 antenna, it will complete the look for sure. Be sure to put some permatex blue threadlocker on it (medium strenth) so nobody jacks your antenna. How much? I think i saw a guy in classified section selling them for 15 shipped. Once again congrats on the new tC and doing some legit mods.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on the purchase man, and nice pics. And on the topic of pulleys, I would wait if I were you seeing as how there are a few options coming very soon. It would be wise to wait just a tad to see which of the options would be best for your needs
Old 12-03-2005, 05:10 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by DarkApathy
I have to say TYC tail lights dont look the best on certain colors on the tC, but on the azure pearl with the pedestal spoiler, that looks way sick. From the side it looks like a normally dropped tC with aftermarket rims, but then bam under the hood s/c, and from the rear with the hks exhaust and just the right amount of aesthetic mods, really good job Nick06tC.

If it means anything, get the s2000 antenna, it will complete the look for sure. Be sure to put some permatex blue threadlocker on it (medium strenth) so nobody jacks your antenna. How much? I think i saw a guy in classified section selling them for 15 shipped. Once again congrats on the new tC and doing some legit mods.
Thanks for the compliments. I have deffinetly been considering a stubby antenna. I have just heard of fitment issues. But I guess with some threadlocker it wouldnt be a problem. Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:12 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hPower
Congrats on the purchase man, and nice pics. And on the topic of pulleys, I would wait if I were you seeing as how there are a few options coming very soon. It would be wise to wait just a tad to see which of the options would be best for your needs
I am deffinetly going to wait and see what is proven to be the best, most efficent, legit mod for it. I dont want to get into the dengerous for engine HP category just yet.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member

As far as the cap missing, I would say this is a bad thing. If you are concerned about the warranty, in the future if something were to go wrong, they could claim you removed the cap and therefore void your warranty! I wouldn't say your lucky they forgot your cap, they'll use it against you. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A dealer should not use it against you. That would be bad pr to call you a liar. Do you know the service manager or any of the techs at your dealer? If not, that could be a problem. Taking pics was a good idea.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The whole reason for the cap is so that they don't have to waranty parts that were messed up by running more boost. They would be stupid not to deny waranty claims on vehicles with missing anti-tamper caps(depending on the failure of course). I think that there is no way that telling them a couple years from now that the machanic that did the install must have forgot to put the cap on will work. If you expect to keep the waranty I would imediately go back to the dealer that did the install and complain untill they put a new cap on for you. I don't think taking pictures will get you anywhere, there will be no question that the cap is off. The thing you would have to prove is why the cap is not on there, did the tech not install it or did you take it off to modify the car

Quick Reply: SuperCharger Installed (pics)