Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

uh oh, hot dog.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it would be lot easier if the intake manifold was in the front instead in the back wheres its nice and cramped...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

hell, id love to see this...do work son!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

errrr... ok.
watching
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
errrr... ok.
watching
watching.....

for imminent failure.

lol
Old 02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really hate "so should I do it?" threads.

either do it or don't. if you need the validation of anonymous internet users before doing something you've got issues.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont have issues, u got issues
Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 AM
SL Member

u already put in time, effert and money might as well finish the project
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I, too, live in Maryland, so if you make this happen, I want to see it in action! lol

Good luck with it man... anything is possible really, and a fabbed up S/C is probably better than the TRD one any day.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ tru that! lemme kno wn u need help man
Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

do u honestly think sum1 randomly is gonna fab up a supercharger when this market only offers ONE SC for us which the TRD. and even that is getting discontinued.

BUT watching for the LULZ!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
do u honestly think sum1 randomly is gonna fab up a supercharger when this market only offers ONE SC for us which the TRD. and even that is getting discontinued.

if he works/has access to a good machine shop you'd be surprised what can be done! Granted you need to know all of the workings/theories behind superchargers to get it done right. If no one put forward initiative nothing would ever get done.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka

if he works/has access to a good machine shop you'd be surprised what can be done! Granted you need to know all of the workings/theories behind superchargers to get it done right. If no one put forward initiative nothing would ever get done.
understandable yes, but if other companies havent wanted to make a new SC for our car wat makes u think a random person will be able to accomplish sumthing like that. thats like saying hes gonna build his own turbo charger. i jus see epic failure with this. u could have all the tools/parts he needs for it but in the end its gonna be a failure. Companies who have done this for many many years have problems building FI parts for cars, wat makes sum1 think they can jus wake up in the morning and say.."im gonna make/construct/fab up" my own SC.

still watching.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka

understandable yes, but if other companies havent wanted to make a new SC for our car wat makes u think a random person will be able to accomplish sumthing like that. thats like saying hes gonna build his own turbo charger. i jus see epic failure with this. u could have all the tools/parts he needs for it but in the end its gonna be a failure. Companies who have done this for many many years have problems building FI parts for cars, wat makes sum1 think they can jus wake up in the morning and say.."im gonna make/construct/fab up" my own SC.

still watching.
just because you can't doesn't mean someone else can't. This has nothing to do with "companies" making the s/c. He has nothing to loose but some time and maybe some money, not like he stands to loose millions like a large company would if their product failed. TRD/vortech made one and it sucks and I have had custom parts for mine made, and changed bearings to different/better ones, i have modified half of the s/c parts already. The s/c is very simple in the way it works. He would be able to take a premade s/c universal blower and adapt it to work for our cars, that wouldn't be hard at all given time and tools. And you obviously have some overly high pride in yourself since your so sure no one can do anything. Some of the most innovative inventions have come from people who decided to wake up one day and make something. Not saying his idea will work but you can't say he can't do it without even letting him try, or knowing him for that matter.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

u know what ur right. u cant really bring sum1 down and jus say he cant do it, but when he comes on here and is estimating 80-90 hp out the bat then thats when u have to think to urself hmm how can he be so sure of this. im jus saying money spent on "fabbing up" a sc is up there and for wat? u know. completely pointless in my book. but yet again this is jus my opinion so idk. but like i said ill be watching and if he proves every1 wrong then more power to him but if hes coming on here jus to say sumthing and not actually doing it then thats epic
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u know what ur right. u cant really bring sum1 down and jus say he cant do it, but when he comes on here and is estimating 80-90 hp out the bat then thats when u have to think to urself hmm how can he be so sure of this. im jus saying money spent on "fabbing up" a sc is up there and for wat? u know. completely pointless in my book. but yet again this is jus my opinion so idk. but like i said ill be watching and if he proves every1 wrong then more power to him but if hes coming on here jus to say sumthing and not actually doing it then thats epic
thats a much better statement than "he can't do it though." Like i said if he has access to a shop you'd be surprised how cheap you can get things made. I have made many stainless parts for my car: grill, battery holder, maf adapters. all free because my buddy it the guy who tests the cnc machines in the morning at his work. The test just so happens to be my parts that i need lol. Personally i think it would be very difficult to fab up from scratch, but to take a premade blower and make it work with our car is plausible.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

definatly will be very difficult and im hoping he does have access to a shop or sumthing of the sort, bc if hes trying to do this out of his garage then he has a huge headache coming to him i guess with time will tell whether or not he does it or if he did it jus for "attention"
Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe, well as i keep reading, l see that a lot of ppl are doubting me on what i can do. The reason why other companies havent made a different supercharger is because toyota have patented the design. The way that TRD has made it is the only real way it would work, but toyota didnt make their supercharger stronger because of gas prices, they wanted to provide power, but not to much to steal away from MPG. This is why it only give u 40hp. Now my design is gona look very much similar, just better materials like i said before. I have also look at maybe adding a watered intercooler, but idk yet, i havent gotten that far. Im ready to start next weekend, because i have to go to MIT this weekend. Now, the supercharger that i designed is much bigger, with the fan having more blades, at a different angle. Its going to steal more MPG from me, but it doesnt matter. All the materials are a total cost of $500. Now im saying if this works, i will have a stronger supercharger than TRD provides.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Che87
hehe, well as i keep reading, l see that a lot of ppl are doubting me on what i can do. The reason why other companies havent made a different supercharger is because toyota have patented the design. The way that TRD has made it is the only real way it would work, but toyota didnt make their supercharger stronger because of gas prices, they wanted to provide power, but not to much to steal away from MPG. This is why it only give u 40hp. Now my design is gona look very much similar, just better materials like i said before. I have also look at maybe adding a watered intercooler, but idk yet, i havent gotten that far. Im ready to start next weekend, because i have to go to MIT this weekend. Now, the supercharger that i designed is much bigger, with the fan having more blades, at a different angle. Its going to steal more MPG from me, but it doesnt matter. All the materials are a total cost of $500. Now im saying if this works, i will have a stronger supercharger than TRD provides.
For real? Only $500? Now even I'm starting to doubt you on that man...

I take it this will be centrifugal type blower right? Are you going to use a pre-built blower or will you be fabricating your own?

I can see how the mounting brackets, pulleys, belts, hoses, etc. might only add up to $500, but I feel that the blower will be more $$$

Be sure to fab your brackets out of some HEAVY grade stainless or aluminum... wouldn't want to see it crack on you like the TRD ones did.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

o man this is gonna be an epic fail... guys hes referring to the s/c compressor blades as a fan...

Quick Reply: Supercharger Project