Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

To the original poster....it's a No brainer why there are 3 times as many turbo tC's on here as there are S/C'ed ones.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

they buy them so they have a one time fee and thats the s/c, bolt on parts. other then turbo where u got more crap to worry about like tuning, engine managment, and everything else.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

but to each his on, i think there are pros and cons on both and i would rather go turbo then my s/c. but i like what i have and ive delt with the bearings and shaft and when the shaft gets here its like a brand new s/c and wont have to worrie about anything. anyway were way off topic and not answerin his question. to the OP check out that thread i posted earlyier and ask him about buting on a different year kit. good luck to u boosting
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by goodguy889
they buy them so they have a one time fee and thats the s/c, bolt on parts. other then turbo where u got more crap to worry about like tuning, engine managment, and everything else.

There is NO such thing as a "install and forget" F/I application. If you think you can install an form of F/I and not have to do anything to it, then you need to do a little more research. The turbo kit is no more of a maintenance hassle than the S/C'er is. When I first went boost, I left it alone for a year or so. And I just changed my oil every 3k miles. People retune because they want more power. And there is no "everything else" up and beyond that of parts you "want" to put on the car.

TRD reflash IS a form of engine management.

You guys REALLY need to start doing research, cause I assure you, you have not.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

lol
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by streettimetc
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
40 hp? Run a better engine managment, intake, different sized pulley 9.5psi or better and different injectors and such. u can be at about 220/230

stock is 145 on a dyno. so figure thats 90/100 horse more with better managment ofcourse

And you just voided the warranty with everything you just mentioned, so what's the point? Stock Manual is 145 on the dyno, stock Auto is more like 120.
when going f/i. why cry warranty thats just dumb. if you want warranty leave the car alone and drive it. if you mod the car to hell and back. and picked up 2 sec. in the quarter mile warranty should be the last of your worries. if you break somthing YOU fix it. dont try to make the dealer pay/fix for what you break becouse your having fun with your car

That IS my point dude. If you going F/I turbo > S/C'er. So why the hell would you pay just as much for LESS?

It's apparent you are new to this section and don't know me very well....hehee. I'm one of the oldest tC's (if not THE oldest) in here that's been boosted. Not oldest in age, but oldest in terms of who has been boosted the longest on these forums.
all i was getting to is dont down the s/c power. modded it can be nice not o my good fast. but its quick the other day i stayed next to a tl type s, modded n/a mercury marauder and pulled a car on a rx8. cars i thought i never could compete with. if you go f/i supercharged or turbocharged dont do it on a buget do it right mod the hell out of it have fun but be prepared to spend the money and time to fix it and mantian it. thats what im doing. im just mad that trd/toyota dont offer over counter parts to repair the s/c. so thats +1 for turbo kits
Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The only racing arena I would use a S/C'er in is for the tight turns of AutoX. Then again, a tC with I/H/E would be just as effective. So, you would have to get an I/H/E on top of the S/C'er to surpass that.....in that case, you might as well Turbo it.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM

Default PLease

I got some quiestions that no one can seem to anwser...plez help me out
i got a 2009 Scion tc, put new pulley NST on it and a DC header, have a trd exhuast. my main ? is can i fit a supercharger in the 2009? and with the Dc header? and what could i buy to prevent the supercharger from ____ting the bed on me in a few years, i have under 7,000 miles on the car. i wanna run it a long time ne way i can buy ____ now for the s/c so that i wont have to buy it later take out s/c replace it put it back in? thanks guys
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^There is nothing stopping you from adding the S/C'er to your 2009. Make sure the header is installed first, makes things 10 times easier. Nothing you can do really to "prevent" failure. Just got to fix it when it breaks, or you can go ahead and get the stuff replaced with the new components that people have seem to upgrade to.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: PLease

Originally Posted by mjw21
I got some quiestions that no one can seem to anwser...plez help me out
i got a 2009 Scion tc, put new pulley NST on it and a DC header, have a trd exhuast. my main ? is can i fit a supercharger in the 2009? and with the Dc header? and what could i buy to prevent the supercharger from ____ting the bed on me in a few years, i have under 7,000 miles on the car. i wanna run it a long time ne way i can buy poop now for the s/c so that i wont have to buy it later take out s/c replace it put it back in? thanks guys

the s/c will fit fine with the dc sport header. but what pulley did you ad to your car?becouse if its an underdrive pulley it will hurt the performance of the s/c (will not boost correct) lighten pulleys are ok as long as they are the same size as stock. but i will let you know that th trd s/c is not reliable they last any where from 5,000-50,000 miles they are a ticking time bomb i'm on my second my frist lasted 14,400 miles and then shaft and bearings took a poo on me and my car was out of warranty becouse of milage and the price of a new one is $1800 +install and the dont sell over the counter parts to fix it on your own. there is someone that sell custome rebuild kits and a custome shaft is in the making. so if you go the s/c route better jump on the bandwagon and get your name on the list for a new shaft and a bearing and seal rebuild kit. most s/c fail between 10,000- 30,000 miles. i have two s/c both are rebuilt ones on my car now and one is a spare. just a heads up.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM

damn...the only thing holding me back is my dad to be honest (from going turbo) i make the money but yet he wont let me spend it...little messed up but i guess everyone around me says it is a good thing...i dont really see the good side but thats a whole other story...so if i cant go turbo and s/c isnt reliable....what is their to do.