Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Default Supercharger questions...

I did a quick search, but didnt really find what I was looking for:

So, can someone please give me a quick run down of what upgrades are available for the supercharger? Is TRD the only people that make a supercharger? If not, who else does and how does it compare to the TRD?

I've read about a pulley the you can change to get 9.5psi on the supercharger. Is it worth it? (I know it voids the warranty).

I also heard about a valve you can change to upgrade the SC. What does it do, and how much does it cost? Who sells it?

Any other upgrades I can do?

Also, my tC is an 06 model, automatic. (Yes, I know I need the upgrade kit for the autos as well as the reflashes). Ive got 43k miles on my car now, is it too late to supercharge it?

How much should the reflashes cost to have done at a dealer?

Lastly, with a SC, pulley, and the valve upgrade, being an automatic, what kind of power do you think I'd have, and how would that compare to other cars? Cars such as...Cobalt SS, new Mustang GT, Subaru WRX (not the STi), SRT4 Neon, Nissan 350Z, Infiniti G35?

Sorry it was a long post, and I'm sure its been covered before, but I just figured this was easier.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pulley upgrade is worth it if your not going to worry about your warranty, it is an easy 21 whp gain.

as for the valve upgrade, people usually swap the stock bosche 102 bypass valve for the bosche 110 bpv, or forge 007.

with all those parts, you might put down like...200 whp.

you could make some more power if you got it tuned with a piggyback ecu, headers and exhaust.

as for the other cars, your still going to be considerably slower than all of them because they are mostly manual transmissions, and have much better engines to begin with, 205 supercharged manual, 300 hp v8, two hundred something turbo 4 cyl neon and nearly 300 hp v6 nissans.

you'd give them a run for their money at best. auto tc's, even turbo'ed or supercharged don't put fear into the hearts of many. heck, stock supercharged auto tc's are barely faster than stock non-supercharged manual tc's.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ what he said. Problem is your transmission will start to slip after like 240hp, but to get that high you will need alot of stuff to your supercharger, ie pulley, headers, intake, tune. Its alot of work but can be fun I suppose.