Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger to ZPI Stage 0 turbo kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:08 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Supercharger to ZPI Stage 0 turbo kit???

OK, I have been tossing around the idea of selling the supercharger and getting the ZPI stage 0 kit. Its in the horsepower range I want and I am able to install it. And I dont have to worry about tunning it.
Question is, if I remove the supercharger, what about the ECU reflash? Common sense to me says, they are both running about the same PSI and all, and the Stage 0 can run no tune, so wouldnt the TRD reflash tune help it be even safer/better?

Second, I can leave the supercharger injectors in it and that will help.

Third, the oil pan. The supercharger has an oil pan with the line and all. Would it be as simple as just hooking it up to the turbo, or would have have to put the new ZPI pan on?

Fourth, the thermostat fromt he supercharger is already in there to help engine temps.

It all seams fairly easy going from the supercharger to the turbo because the Oil pan is already done. And when selling the suppercharger, i could just include the ZPI oil lines and all, and buy a set of injectors and a thermostat so I could include a full kit to sell.

HELP ME OUT FOLKS!! ZPI CAN YOU CHIME IN?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Give them a call. They said something to me about working on un-reflashing the ECU.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I'll see if I can get Kenny to post up on this tomarrow, to let you know... give them a call anytime 9-6 EST and I'm sure they'd help you out as well...

I can't see too much wrong with running the injectors, tune, and Stage 0... I'd have to see the TRD tap on the oil pan to know how it'd work, but I don't see anything significantly tough about it... should be almost PNP... and more HP to boot!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks WDS. My problem is, if I call them I will buy it "NOW". If I buy it "NOW", my wife will kill me. If my wife kills me I cant install the turbo and drive the car.

I deffinetly want more power, but more importantly i want a better power range. And if I am going to have to check my car everyday for oil leaks and broken brackets, I can just get a turbo.
I went with the supercharger to be worry free, now that I have to worry, I should have more power to back the worry up.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ Amen to that...
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you would definitely need to keep the injectors in cause the TRD map is based off the TRD injectors. That would be the safest stage 0 IMO with the TRD map. The only problem is the map is gonna be off due to the different ways that the compressors make power. I would want to maybe get your hands on an emanage just to tune it out a lil better.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:25 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
you would definitely need to keep the injectors in cause the TRD map is based off the TRD injectors. That would be the safest stage 0 IMO with the TRD map. The only problem is the map is gonna be off due to the different ways that the compressors make power. I would want to maybe get your hands on an emanage just to tune it out a lil better.
I have considered this, but being in the military, a tune is bad for me. Tunes are specific to location and altitude and all. I move around alot and am hoping to move back to Germany in the next year. I dont want a car that I would have to have retuned. That is the only reason I would ever go stage 0. I could take the car overseas and not have to find a shop to retune it.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't assume the TRD map is a perfect fit for the stage 0. Better tan no tune at all -but the stage 0 makes full boost below 3000 RPM so the TRD map may actually still be too lean with the turbo all spooled up. Anyone have a chart with A/F numbers for a TRD-flashed Stage 0 with 440 injectors?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:30 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ohh i havent assumed that, thats why I am asking.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
Don't assume the TRD map is a perfect fit for the stage 0. Better tan no tune at all -but the stage 0 makes full boost below 3000 RPM so the TRD map may actually still be too lean with the turbo all spooled up. Anyone have a chart with A/F numbers for a TRD-flashed Stage 0 with 440 injectors?
yea thats what I was trying to say. The TRD map will keep you in a 14.** range up until about 4000RPM's....the 16G is gonna spool up way before that and your gonna be running majorly lean under full boost for a lil while. At least the reflash is pulling enough timing to help with detonation.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:34 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

but it would still be better than stock. The supercharger is running 2-3 psi of boost at early RPMS so it has to be adding more fuel than the stock ECU. The stage 0 can run on a stock ECU, so I would be better than stock.
My real question I guess is, can it hurt to have the reflash?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no it wouldnt hurt, it can realistically only help. I know of someone who did this already but it was a t3/t4 setup. He actually borrowed my reflash module even though I told him it was only good for one use, but he wanted to try anyway. Well he found out the hard way that it cant be done but luckily his brother is a toyota tech at one of the dealerships out here on the island and was able to get his hands on a fresh reflash module. His car ran good but I havent heard from him in a really long time
Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks simply. Thats the answer I was hoping for. This is looking realistic. And if I can sell the supercharger for, I dont know, Around $2200. I just need alittle more for the turbo.
In the long run I will have spent more money, but I have gotten good use out of the supercharger. I like it, just dont love it anymore with the problems it has had.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah... I see your point there... good luck on selling the S/C though without the rest of it... I guess one of the guys with problems and no warrantly could scoop it up...
Old 09-22-2006, 12:10 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will purchase new injectors to throw into the kit. And the stage 0 comes with a tapped oil pan I think. This is all still in the plannign stages, and I deploy to Iraq soon so it will be planned and bought while I am gone then done when i return. So I have ALOT of time to sit and think of how to spend moeny while I am gone
Old 09-22-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LoL... stage 0 doesn't come with a pan currently, but you can request one for cheap... which is what I suggest. If you send them yours back... it may be really cheap.

Always fun to think of ways to spend money...
Old 09-22-2006, 12:17 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I can send them my stock one and have it tapped and sent with the kit, put that on then when I sell the supercharger I will have the pan for it and only need to buy injectors. Dang this sounds better every post I make.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha go for it nick, i want picks on my site :-D
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Deleted
Old 09-22-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the s/c oil pan cant be used? (i would like to hear what kenny says about this thread)

Quick Reply: Supercharger to ZPI Stage 0 turbo kit???