Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

tC defender & CAI question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM

Default tC defender & CAI question

First off I had to defend the tC's honor yesterday. Being a tC owner in the Detroit area is ruff. My bank shares a parking lot with a UAW office and some guy started mouthing off about my car (refered it as a Toyota) bieng in a Union lot. I told him that my nonunion job pays for this nonunion car so I could park anywhere I please. As I walked to the door he couldn't let it go and yelled that I need to move my car. As a natural raction not even turng around I fliped him the bird like the Staue of Liberty holds the tourch and proceeded on my way. Any snappy come backs for when I bump into this guy again?

Next order of busniess I need an air intake upgrade. My debate is ram air or CAI. The Weapon seems to be a good choice but I haven't found one that fits an 08. So Injen is my fisrt choice. I know the basic function is the same. I was just wondering what system delivers better results ram or CAI?

I'd like some feed back from owners of both sides. Pros and cons.

Much appreciated!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

probablly should ask the guys in the drivetrain/power forum. people in here are a little past the cai point.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I live in Detroit as well so I feel your pain. Of course I can out run most of the a-holes that mouth off to me.

Shoot me a PM if you wanna hang out with some of the Scion from Detroit.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:03 AM

Tell him next time you need too that a Toyota Corolla has 65% American parts not counting the assembly, that is also in America. My last Pontiac had over 40% parts outside US, unles you consider Canada part of the US. I had nothing but trouble with that car, Firebird T/A high output, all the bells and whistles. Tell him it's not his fault, unless he is a Engineer, then it is.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:08 AM

Just to let you know, I will never buy another GM product after the experience I had with my T/A. Gm even send me a letter saying they had design problems and did not have a fix. That one cost me over 650.00 back in 86 and I replaced the rear disc brake calipers myself. Then I sold the car.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tell him that toyota, honda, nissan, subaru, and hyundai build more cars in the continental US than chevrolet, ford and dodge, and all their other alledged american brands. that are built in canada and mexico. ask him why the chevy aveo is a rebadged DAEWOO!

hell even mercedes builds cars here now.

it isn't the fault of the engineers at these companies, the fault lies on the shoulders of their ____ poor strategic management forecastors, and their crack team of accountants for getting america's big 3 to become the laughing stock of the automotive industry.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

^Scions aren't asembled in the States.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
i know they aren't, i read on the wondow sticker, final point of assembly is something, japan. but my points remain valid, toyota, honda and nissan all have plants here in the us, while the formerly big 3 continue to outsource and relocate to other countries to cut costs quality.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
Originally Posted by captainlaziness
i know they aren't, i read on the wondow sticker, final point of assembly is something, japan. but my points remain valid, toyota, honda and nissan all have plants here in the us, while the formerly big 3 continue to outsource and relocate to other countries to cut costs quality.
They might all build cars here but they employ only about 10% the number of Americans. GM employs more people in metro Detroit than Toyota does in the US.