Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

tC Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
Check out the upper radiator hose connection -It's gone! OMG, how are you getting water into the block? I see a AN type fitting in it's place - but it looks too small, it's easily a third the size of the stock radiator hose. Who ever custom made this turbo has some big brass "@#@$"! I hope it works good.
yes it is gone, special water return line. it is work fine, and i feel it is just cool as like stock. Turbo temp usually is more higher than stock, but i don't feel a big big temp gain when open the hood.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what does your engine temp sensor say?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
what does your engine temp sensor say?
i remember the test run from tunner shop like just normal, and the car has been driving back from tunner shop to the shop. Didn't feel a big temp gain
Old 12-15-2006, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

almost pick up my car today, ____ Greedy mapping sux. need to re-tuned it again. Car can't idle good will shut the engine off.

any one has the same problem with Greedy emanager?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you continue to crap on e-manage? Check all the setting/jumpers on the e-manage board, double check all harness connections. It really is not rocket science...just like hooking up a stereo.

Idle is not under e-manage control. The ECU will call the shots in closed-loop mode. If idle is off then check for air-leaks. What maps are you using on the e-manage right now?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you continue to crap on e-manage? Check all the setting/jumpers on the e-manage board, double check all harness connections. It really is not rocket science...just like hooking up a stereo.

Idle is not under e-manage control. The ECU will call the shots in closed-loop mode. If idle is off then check for air-leaks. What maps are you using on the e-manage right now?
the wiring has bee done according to the link you gave me, which do fix problem before. Now every is set ready, but differnet problem come out. when try to start it, the idel is running low than shut off. And the gauge for the air/fuel don't read it right, which dumping too much fuel(reading 15-16 on idel). Some how when the car warm up little bit, the idel stay better than when it is cold.

unless you can tell me what is wrong, or i'm just had bad luck with defect emanager?
Will checking with tunner tomorrow for the Greedy mapping, unless you have different mapping from Greedy?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i see you have the emanager too, do you do anything else to it? let me know what you have change beside factory setting.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by calvinwch
almost pick up my car today, flip Greedy mapping sux. need to re-tuned it again. Car can't idle good will shut the engine off.

yeah im having the same problem after tune im idle is ok just weak at times. let me know if you came up withanything
Old 12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostedtC9
almost pick up my car today, flip Greedy mapping sux. need to re-tuned it again. Car can't idle good will shut the engine off.

yeah im having the same problem after tune im idle is ok just weak at times. let me know if you came up withanything

boy here we go, so there is other people having same problem while car is in idle.
Fracking Greedy .
I sue will see what happen today and share it to everyone.

If anyone here has fix the idle problem please share it, so it will take less time for my shop to find out the problem.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think the idle issue is directly related to e-manage. You've got a custom turbo. The shop that is doing the work should know what they are doing. Idle issues are typically related to fouled plugs, small air-leaks etc. 15-16:1 A/F at idle is not bad and in no way is it rich. Actually it's real close to normal which is 14.7-15.3 .

What's your main injector correction set at on your e-manage? What maps are you using? When are you making fuel corrections?What size injectors are you running?

What CEL codes are you getting from the tC ECU?

I'm not saying that it's impossible the idle issue is caused by the piggy-back...but it's unlikely that the piggy-back is the cause of your problems. Lots of folks here are running with Greddy e-manage both blue and ultimate and idle problems do not appear to be a recurring issue.

Got off the e-manage is BAD bandwagon and do read the programmer software manuals. They are availble for download free at www.greddy.com
Old 12-15-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

boy here we go, so there is other people having same problem while car is in idle.
Fracking Greddy .

If anyone here has fix the idle problem please share it, so it will take less time for my shop to find out the problem.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

almost pick up my car today, flip Greddy mapping sux. need to re-tuned it again. Car can't idle good will shut the engine off.

any one has the same problem with Greddy emanager?

Fracking Greddy .

Old 12-15-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its greddy. stop saying greedy it bothers me lol
Old 12-15-2006, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think the idle issue is directly related to e-manage. You've got a custom turbo. The shop that is doing the work should know what they are doing. Idle issues are typically related to fouled plugs, small air-leaks etc. 15-16:1 A/F at idle is not bad and in no way is it rich. Actually it's real close to normal which is 14.7-15.3 .

What's your main injector correction set at on your e-manage? What maps are you using? When are you making fuel corrections?What size injectors are you running?

What CEL codes are you getting from the tC ECU?

I'm not saying that it's impossible the idle issue is caused by the piggy-back...but it's unlikely that the piggy-back is the cause of your problems. Lots of folks here are running with Greddy e-manage both blue and ultimate and idle problems do not appear to be a recurring issue.

Got off the e-manage is BAD bandwagon and do read the programmer software manuals. They are availble for download free at www.greddy.com
it is the map ship with Greddy with 440cc injector. I'm not sure what CEL is, which i need to ask. unless there is a trick for CEL? or what should be the reading is?

let me know which i can tell my shop make sure that the setting are match.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
its greddy. stop saying greedy it bothers me lol
got that fix lol

oh well, just tire of the bug fix and tune.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys it is finished, it work good now.
I need some sleep now, just got home with fresh burn smell.

make little thing change, and we got it to work.
was the sensor for the airflow little to close to the turbo, we re-route the pipe

will post pic tomorrow,
Old 12-17-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update, car run great, boost great. But i got defect turbo(oil leaking), which need send it back for warranty.

can't give anymore pic for that, will take more pic when i receiving the turbo back.

what a luck.....

stay tune, i'll be right back.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

So it wasn’t the Emanage?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotaracer9
looks very nice and neat . what kind of power are u lookin for ? I dont know how true it is but I hear the MAF sensor give unstable readings that close to the impeller .

I didnt want to keep nagging u about this , but I figured this was going to be an issue . glad u got it lined out .
Old 12-17-2006, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MysTiKchRis
So it wasn’t the Emanage?
emanage do have problem for wiring according to the instuction they come with. which is for throttle body. the idle problem isn't the emanage problem.

Quick Reply: tC Turbo Project