Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Thanks Ptuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mason sorry you had problems. Honestly for as much as you call us asking for advice I would think maybe you'd trust us enough by now to buy our products. Our lines are made in house, by me.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't have a dog in this fight...never bought from ptuning and don't know boosted239...but hey atleast ptuning is showing consern and offering to send you new line instead of ignoring it like there was never a problem. ____ happens, any1 that mods cars knows that but atleast they are making an effort.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Line is running underneath the car, this is were my leak occured.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
Mason sorry you had problems. Honestly for as much as you call us asking for advice I would think maybe you'd trust us enough by now to buy our products. Our lines are made in house, by me.

No one makes their line. If you consider cutting a line and putting on fittings, making a line. Well, then yes, we also made our line. I'm sure no shop has a capacity to physically produce a fuel line from scratch. This is done from a manufacturing plant and distribute to distributors and reseller.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by boosted239
just called a local shop since i dont have the time to do this myself at the moment, they quoted me two hours which sucks that i have to pay for something that was not my fault.....
i hate to burst your bubble but it's not ptunings fault either. they got some bad lines and didnt catch it it's unfortunate but these type of things can be expected when modding cars. atleast you have a bad fuel line and not something bigger. it can be worse. but ptuning has handled this problem obviously and quickly.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
No one makes their line. If you consider cutting a line and putting on fittings, making a line. Well, then yes, we also made our line. I'm sure no shop has a capacity to physically produce a fuel line from scratch. This is done from a manufacturing plant and distribute to distributors and reseller.
You are right. I assemble them in house. The way that statement was worded made it sound like you were having the assembly of the lines out sourced. Sometimes reading your guys posts are difficult because the syntax and grammar is all mixed up. My bad.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM
SL Member

I appreciate the fact that their going to be giving me a new line but its still money out of my pocket which is the part that sucks, and i have a picture on my frineds phone he is working at the moment but when i took the line off it looked like a basketball that has a lump on it but inside the line, at least thats the way it looks to me
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My problem occured in spring, its now almost november problem not fixed.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

oh dang, i need to check mine lol.. its been on the car for like a year lol
Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Please understand, even giants like Toyota, Honda, etc. have recalls.
It's near impossible to catch everything during production, assembly, etc.
The bottom line is what a company willing to do when these things happen.

Again, we have already discovered the problem, got the manufacturer to admit to the defect. Got new upgraded lines. Send out upgraded line to any customer who has this problem, free of charge.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
i hate to burst your bubble but it's not ptunings fault either. they got some bad lines and didnt catch it it's unfortunate but these type of things can be expected when modding cars. atleast you have a bad fuel line and not something bigger. it can be worse. but ptuning has handled this problem obviously and quickly.

Thanks but i already understand that its not there fault, the only thing i had pointed out as being there fault was in my first post then they cleared it up, your not bursting my bubble at all your just telling me something i already knew from reading what they said..... and actually it is a bad thing im lucky the car didnt catch fire.... pretty sure that is a big thing i dont know about you but id rather not have my car on fire
Old 10-27-2010, 09:15 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcturbo07
My problem occured in spring, its now almost november problem not fixed.
Actually as stated by Mike, the problem has been fixed. When this happen to you, we investigated the issue. With that being said the Manufacturer told us they also sent some bad lines to other companies. But we took care of that by sending you a new line.

Again sorry for the inconvenience on by behalf. We are aware of the problem and we sent the entire batch back to them for a new batch without problems.

If you have further questions or concerns please call us or Pm me.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Thanks but i already understand that its not there fault, the only thing i had pointed out as being there fault was in my first post then they cleared it up, your not bursting my bubble at all your just telling me something i already knew from reading what they said..... and actually it is a bad thing im lucky the car didnt catch fire.... pretty sure that is a big thing i dont know about you but id rather not have my car on fire
flamez are rare modz.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM
SL Member

gasoline plus heat is not something im interested in bud, try it to your car and let me know how it works as you seem to think its a joke
Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ it is not a good feeling when coming out to your car and seeing gas spilling out everywhere on your hot exhaust. I know how boosted239 feels.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcturbo07
^ it is not a good feeling when coming out to your car and seeing gas spilling out everywhere on your hot exhaust.
agreed, im just glad its all getting worked out!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

gasoline plus heat is not something im interested in bud, try it to your car and let me know how it works as you seem to think its a joke
are you kidding me? you had fuel coming out of your gas tank and you are worried about heat catching fire? your odds of catching fire are pretty slim. i'm prett sure i've had bigger problems then you've delt with.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
SL Member

Mason aka Boosted239 has been taken care of and will receive his new line next day. Again if you have anymore concerns about this matter pm me or give me a call.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
are you kidding me? you had fuel coming out of your gas tank and you are worried about heat catching fire? your odds of catching fire are pretty slim. i'm prett sure i've had bigger problems then you've delt with.
I never once asked for your opinion, your two cents aren't wanted here buddy, i had no problem with you chiming in at first but your responses are nonsense, gas can catch fire from heat, the gas was dripping all over my exhaust, now either stop chiming in or stay out of my thread
Old 10-27-2010, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn he got next day shipping. Since Ptuning didnt belive me I had a fuel leak. I had to send my line back to them before they would even ship the new line out. Only took Ptuning a over a week to send me my new line. Take your time no rush my tc only a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Thanks Ptuning