Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Are there any recorded 11 sec runs yet??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by draxcaliber
^^I wouldn't go that far to say it was outclassed....it spanks to many cars to say that.
i shall have to find out this summer on the track with all these new goodies on the car. lsd, supercharger, summer tires, brakes (on the way, i can't believe stoptech ran outta rotors!!!), if i had all these last time i ran, i imagine i could have taken a few seconds off my best time, whcih was a 44.XX, the best time posted that day by a tc without those parts, but a CF hood, wider summer tires, and adjustible coilovers was a 43.XX, and i think the best time all day was somewhere between 35-40 seconds, i think it was a 38.XX. i'll see if these mods level the playing field in the SM class.
Do you have sway bars?
yup, hotchkis front (softest) and rear (stiffest)

i think i did pretty well since it was my first and only time going, and the tc that beat my time has autocrossed mutliple times, and also, i was on stock sized all season tires (kumho ecsta asx)

i only say outclassed because now my tc is in the SM class, where evos and sti's set incredible times, and in the STS class at this event, there were lots and lots of really good mini cooper S's that were just lifting their rear wheel on every turn on every run, just moving through that course. i know from that picture enginfineer posted, you can get the tc onto 3 wheels, but of the three tc's there (including my own), none of us did a 3 wheel turn.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...431195#3431195
Old 05-07-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright, back to drag racing then...

i think the one of the major problems with the tc's times begins with traction off the line, since it is front wheel drive ofcourse, but you can spin 1st gear, 2nd gear, and either chipr third gear or continue looking for some traction if you have enough power, and you have to shift 3 times to make it to 60 mph. so for the first two gears you can't hit anywhere near full throttle and then each shift costs you precious tenths of a second.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would adjusting the final drive be more beneficial towards the shifting problem? I don't know if the time you'd gain by not shifting would be more than the time you'd lose from the gearing change.

I would think R-compound tires would fix the traction issue. The only problem I would see right off the bat would be wheel hop from hell, but you can fix that with a torque dampener and some good mounts.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i think the one of the major problems with the tc's times begins with traction off the line, since it is front wheel drive ofcourse, but you can spin 1st gear, 2nd gear, and either chipr third gear or continue looking for some traction if you have enough power, and you have to shift 3 times to make it to 60 mph. so for the first two gears you can't hit anywhere near full throttle and then each shift costs you precious tenths of a second.

I'm wot every gear, including first. I just feather it coming out the hole. Once momentum is established, I'm wot from the middle of 1st and on...
Old 05-07-2008, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm wot every gear, including first. I just feather it coming out the hole. Once momentum is established, I'm wot from the middle of 1st and on...
X2 , but I am running 26 inch Hoosier slicks without LSD
Old 05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

huh...really? if i give wot in first gear, at any point, i get wheel spin, and if i hit second with wot, spin...must be the all season rubber. i was just figuring i need to cotrol the throttle input and steadily feed it for best acceleration.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

huh...really? if i give wot in first gear, at any point, i get wheel spin, and if i hit second with wot, spin...must be the all season rubber. i was just figuring i need to cotrol the throttle input and steadily feed it for best acceleration.

True, but I doubt the way you are launching is helping your ET and mph times. Even if you were on Drag Radials, you will get the same effect. I wouldn't waste my time buying DR's though, slicks are the same price. Which is why I'm buying slicks next time.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*coming outta my hole * the chick with the n/a tube car she ran 10s in her personal tC. and there were a few that ran 11s...the scion speed tragedy ran 11s....and there has a been others...12s mostly but 11s requres quite a bit of work....ok going back to my hole
......waddup t-diddy
Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by garabaldy

26inch hmmm how wide are they?? and what 60ft did you cut? and if you don't mind what rpm LOL??
Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
*coming outta my hole * the chick with the n/a tube car she ran 10s in her personal tC. and there were a few that ran 11s...the scion speed tragedy ran 11s....and there has a been others...12s mostly but 11s requres quite a bit of work....ok going back to my hole
......waddup t-diddy

WTF!!! Petey is that really YOU! LOL....Boy I can't even remember the last time you even posted on these forums...

Never saw Scion Speed run 11's by the way.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

scion speed never had a video of it but you can clearly see they would have cause they were on the breaks at 1000ft mark. but NOPe no one 11's on video LOL i need to get a video camera
Old 05-09-2008, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You can better believe I'll have 11's on vid when I break that barrier. Hell, why not just skip it all together and go straight for 10's...LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if i don't have a video then i'll have plenty of pics LOL old school cause all my money in the car
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL....thats why I bought the cam first.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
Originally Posted by garabaldy

26inch hmmm how wide are they?? and what 60ft did you cut? and if you don't mind what rpm LOL??
here is the spec
26 X 9.50-15 LT Q 8.0" 26.1" 82.0" 6-8" 8" 9.5" Quick Time Pro
Now you need to remember that I don't have an LSD "yet" , I launch at about 4300 rpm and I usually get 2.0 60 foot times. On rare occasions I have gotten 1.9
I do have the Phantom Grip LSD , A piece of $hit !!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

they fit without coilovers? i cut 1.9's on drag radials