Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Thinking of moving on! GOOD BYE TC :( SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so wait! did you sell it or not?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

so has it been sold or no? im confused lol
Old 05-29-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

the OP edited the topic saying it was sold 4 minutes after he posted that he was keeping it so who knows...
Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I reckon I'm different. It's not about the journey with me. It's about the destination. Once I reach it, I sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. But yeah +1 on parting out, no way are you going to get what you would want out of a car with those mods. You don't increase the resale value just because it's modded. Unless its something rare like an R34 Skyline or something.

PS....Till this day, I have yet to understand the whole reasoning behind the comment...."It's still a Scion". So? If anything can be made to go fast, who cares what brand it is. If its fast and looks good doing it....Brand is irrelevant at that point.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Soulquarian
Originally Posted by ElevationTC
it just sucks when you wake up and relize. no matter what its stilll a scion! and when i go out and see others with there scions most people make such a bad name for us! its almost embrasising!
Alright, I don't know you, so don't take this personally, but whenever I hear that statement by anybody, I always thinking it's the dumbest thing ever. What does "It's still a Scion/mustang/honda/etc mean?" That makes no sense.

Every car is essentially the same thing made out of virtually the same materials. The differences come in weight, electronics, and how much stuff is added or taken away to serve the car's purpose. The moment you begin adding or taking away things from a stock car, it's no longer just a stock car...

Whenever I beat a car that costs THOUSANDS more than my little econo tC, I ALWAYS hear people say, "well it's still just a scion!". So you're telling me that you're cooler than me because you spent 30-40k more to go SLOWER and for some leather seats and cheap badge on the trunk? Who looks more stupid?

I drive my car for MYSELF. I don't care what other people do with their scions, and I don't care if every other owner is a complete douche. EVERY car brand has an image, and most high performance cars have the worst. Who cares? IMO, this is the stupidest reason to sell a car, or not buy a car.

Originally Posted by chaseonbass
Lotus elise? as a daily driver?!
I was thinking the exact same thing lol. That's completely unpractical. Might as well get a shifter kart...

If you're selling your track tC to go with a Lotus, that's a great decision. But Daily driver?

I see we are on the same page. "It's still just a Scion" is to some a negative statement. For me....When I hear that comment....I just think...."That's exactly the beauty of it....It's a Scion".
Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by Soulquarian
it just sucks when you wake up and relize. no matter what its stilll a scion! and when i go out and see others with there scions most people make such a bad name for us! its almost embrasising!
Alright, I don't know you, so don't take this personally, but whenever I hear that statement by anybody, I always thinking it's the dumbest thing ever. What does "It's still a Scion/mustang/honda/etc mean?" That makes no sense.

Every car is essentially the same thing made out of virtually the same materials. The differences come in weight, electronics, and how much stuff is added or taken away to serve the car's purpose. The moment you begin adding or taking away things from a stock car, it's no longer just a stock car...

Whenever I beat a car that costs THOUSANDS more than my little econo tC, I ALWAYS hear people say, "well it's still just a scion!". So you're telling me that you're cooler than me because you spent 30-40k more to go SLOWER and for some leather seats and cheap badge on the trunk? Who looks more stupid?

I drive my car for MYSELF. I don't care what other people do with their scions, and I don't care if every other owner is a complete douche. EVERY car brand has an image, and most high performance cars have the worst. Who cares? IMO, this is the stupidest reason to sell a car, or not buy a car.

Originally Posted by chaseonbass
Lotus elise? as a daily driver?!
I was thinking the exact same thing lol. That's completely unpractical. Might as well get a shifter kart...

If you're selling your track tC to go with a Lotus, that's a great decision. But Daily driver?

I see we are on the same page. "It's still just a Scion" is to some a negative statement. For me....When I hear that comment....I just think...."That's exactly the beauty of it....It's a Scion".
Speaking for myself when i say its still a scion.. I mean its only worth >15k
Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha yeah if someone beats you in a race, well its ok its just a scion.. you beat a 370z, comment will be, arent they supposed to be faster lmao..

but keeping the tc? i would vote for that.. i mean you can sell but i think you just barely started having fun unless you're really over lol.. you have a shop and you can always put it on sale if someone gets it at a right price
Old 05-29-2009, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

From a Market/Monetary value....sure. From an Enthusiast point of view....speaking for myself...."You would have to come up with a lot more than $15k to buy the blood, sweat, and tears I put into my machine".
Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Im glad though you didnt settle for something slower.. 1 thing though, if you're looking for a better car faster than your tc, you got to stop modding that tc lmao, otherwise you might end up getting at least a ZR1
Old 05-29-2009, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If i keep it.. i will keep modding.

Looking at 6 point roll cage as we speak and corbuea A4 seats! And some suede to match the interior up.

Called gator axles today left message..

Its on like donkey kong!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

From a Market/Monetary value....sure. From an Enthusiast point of view....speaking for myself...."You would have to come up with a lot more than $15k to buy the blood, sweat, and tears I put into my machine".
That blood, sweat and tears isn't worth a damn to another person lol.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^ true, thats why you will never get enough on your modded car
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

That's why it's worth some more blood, sweat and tears to just part it out .
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See, that's what I fear. If I go to sell my tC. I'm screwed. I really don't even have much I could part out. =/
Old 05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

You'd be surprised. All your speakers, head/tail lights, turbo kit, wheels, etc. That's why you plan on parting out months before you sell the car. Gives time to find people to swap with, etc.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
See, that's what I fear. If I go to sell my tC. I'm screwed. I really don't even have much I could part out. =/
Very true.

Although mine isn't as modded as yours, I'm keeping mine for atleast another 3-4 years.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah? & who's gonna buy my wheels?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Sell em cheap. I'm sure someone would cough up 1-2K for them, which is a lot more than leaving them on the car.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd rather keep them as end tables than only get 1-2k for them. These biznatches cost $6k (retail). If someone were to buy em, I wouldn't take anything less than $3k, MINIMUM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol, I'd rather get something back for them than lose more money on them.

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving on! GOOD BYE TC :( SOLD