Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Those of you with the TRD SC, would you do it again?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its $3300 installed for 200whp with a warranty...I see all the reasons in the world to spend that. How much is a stage 0 again without emanage, bov, etc?? Its probly close to the same price right? Id rather pay the money for the blower and have a properly working car than a CEL infested slug that will get beat by a charger anyway. IF and theres a big IF, you upgrade to say a stage 1 then you can justify spending the extra money for more power
Old 05-13-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well, I have a dyno appointment at 3pm today. I will post the results then. I have the supercharger and a full header back 2.5" exhaust. Other than that, I am stock.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
its $3300 installed for 200whp with a warranty...I see all the reasons in the world to spend that. How much is a stage 0 again without emanage, bov, etc?? Its probly close to the same price right? Id rather pay the money for the blower and have a properly working car than a CEL infested slug that will get beat by a charger anyway. IF and theres a big IF, you upgrade to say a stage 1 then you can justify spending the extra money for more power

Warranty? Yeah, and get void when you throw on a pulley. The term "Warranty" is just used for the sake of arguing. Not to mention, the Oil leakage problem some of the S/C guys have been having. And I have yet to see a tuned Stage ANYTHING get beat by a S/C. Do I need to post vids of a I/H/E/Crank Pulley N/A tC getting the same #'s as a S/C only tC in the 1/4? Do I need to post the Dyno video of a S/C only tC being dynoed on a Dyno Dynamics "before" and "after" correction factors? You don't need to argue with me, I have an opinion just like you. And that opinion will stand, I would never pay that much for a "warranty" S/C, just to void the "warranty" in like 1 month by installing a pulley.

Heck, I'm willing to bet some Toyota Dealers are willing to throw out your warranty, just because you installed a Header on it.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Warranty? Yeah, and get void when you throw on a pulley. The term "Warranty" is just used for the sake of arguing. Not to mention, the Oil leakage problem some of the S/C guys have been having. And I have yet to see a tuned Stage ANYTHING get beat by a S/C. Do I need to post vids of a I/H/E/Crank Pulley N/A tC getting the same #'s as a S/C only tC in the 1/4? Do I need to post the Dyno video of a S/C only tC being dynoed on a Dyno Dynamics "before" and "after" correction factors? You don't need to argue with me, I have an opinion just like you. And that opinion will stand, I would never pay that much for a "warranty" S/C, just to void the "warranty" in like 1 month by installing a pulley.

Heck, I'm willing to bet some Toyota Dealers are willing to throw out your warranty, just because you installed a Header on it.
Not everyone is putting a pulley on there car so yea, they will still keep their warranty. The oil leak problem is the only problem so far that anyone has found with it which is a lil dissapointing granted, but its still in its beginning phases and Im sure one of us will find out what the problems are. I dont need to see a video of a na tC putting down the same numbers as a supercharged tC cause its bs...whoever was driving that sc car obviously cant drive for ****. Come on bro seriously, its obviously a fluke...dont be so naive
Old 05-13-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah the oil leak thing is a little unnerving for sure. I am hoping that someone finds the fix before I get this problem. So far so good with approximately 1000 miles on it. I would like to see what the oil pressure entering the SC is. That may just be the problem combined with too small of a return line.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
Originally Posted by zucc
The TRD supercharger puts out more like 225hp
can u prove it with a dyno?
there are a bunch of dynos posted on SL of people that dynoed with ONLY the supercharger. Just search. I have not seen a s/c tC dyno less than 192whp, which equates to about 216hp (assuming 13% drivetrain loss). Some even got as much as 200whp which equates to about 225hp (once again assuming 13% drivetrain loss. These number will vary depending on type of dynos used and the temperature,weather, etc. So you are lookin at between 215 and 225hp with JUST the supercharger.

Wrong
prove me wrong then

show me a dyno of a s/c tC that is less than 192whp
you're a fool for saying I'm wrong and not having anything to back it up
Old 05-13-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

Not everyone is putting a pulley on there car so yea, they will still keep their warranty. The oil leak problem is the only problem so far that anyone has found with it which is a lil dissapointing granted, but its still in its beginning phases and Im sure one of us will find out what the problems are. I dont need to see a video of a na tC putting down the same numbers as a supercharged tC cause its bs...whoever was driving that sc car obviously cant drive for ****. Come on bro seriously, its obviously a fluke...dont be so naive

Whatever you say bro. I could go on for days over this, but where would we be? So, lets agree to disagree.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

easy gentlemen.

Let's not get into a ____ing contest. I ate asparagus last night...ugh.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

there are a bunch of dynos posted on SL of people that dynoed with ONLY the supercharger. Just search. I have not seen a s/c tC dyno less than 192whp, which equates to about 216hp (assuming 13% drivetrain loss). Some even got as much as 200whp which equates to about 225hp (once again assuming 13% drivetrain loss. These number will vary depending on type of dynos used and the temperature,weather, etc. So you are lookin at between 215 and 225hp with JUST the supercharger.

Wrong
prove me wrong then

Are you serious dude? Can you handle the truth? How about you show me tC's with S/C only, dynoing 200whp, and I'll show you one that didn't. I'm probably one of the few people who actually video tape everything, so don't challenge me when I got vids bro.

I just might bruise your ego, and then you will start making excuses saying "well there has to be something wrong with that tC". "They didn't dyno it right". "The guy can't drive". "Did he install it correctly".....etc, etc.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just want to say that with intake and exhaust I dynoed 208hp... I am sorry I do not have a dyno of a stock tC, but mine wasnt stock when the S/C was put on....

Do you want the dyno? Do you want a vid?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
How is he wrong..? Stock I wasright at 200 wheel and with mods I am at 231 wheel "last dyno"

Were you EXACTLY 200 or like 195 and you are calling it 200? And who goes by crank #'s? He was talking in Crank #'s, no one is interested in what's at the engine more than they are at the wheels.

To each his own, I never could understand paying that much for 200ish whp, and then having to spend even more money to break 230whp.
*LOL* we all know your a turbo **** and a zpi touting maniac with horse blinds on your head so no biggie. Also to hit 231 wheel I spent a whopping $3350 out the door. And before this, yes I was dead on at 200.31 whp with just a $50 sport 110 bypass valve. And your right, no one talks crank hp except manufacturers which is a good way to gauge the cars power against new makes We all know turbocharging is the quickest way to the most power, I went sc for my own reason so you can stop hopping on posts about the sc and ******* everyone who owns one or wants one.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

deleted
Old 05-13-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what sort of intake did you have? Did you fab something, or did you have the Umnitza?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

How is he wrong..? Stock I wasright at 200 wheel and with mods I am at 231 wheel "last dyno"

Were you EXACTLY 200 or like 195 and you are calling it 200? And who goes by crank #'s? He was talking in Crank #'s, no one is interested in what's at the engine more than they are at the wheels.

To each his own, I never could understand paying that much for 200ish whp, and then having to spend even more money to break 230whp.
*LOL* we all know your a turbo **** and a zpi touting maniac with horse blinds on your head so no biggie. Also to hit 231 wheel I spent a whopping $3350 out the door. And before this, yes I was dead on at 200.31 whp with just a $50 sport 110 bypass valve. And your right, no one talks crank hp except manufacturers which is a good way to gauge the cars power against new makes We all know turbocharging is the quickest way to the most power, I went sc for my own reason so you can stop hopping on posts about the sc and ******* everyone who owns one or wants one.

My apologies bro. I intend no ill will, or want to talk down on my fellow Boosted tC's. It's all Love if you sport Scion whether you are N/A, S/C, or T/C. I got Love for my fellow tuners. :D

Peace guys, I'm about to finish uploading a vid that we made last night. First "kill" on boost.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Wrong
prove me wrong then

Are you serious dude? Can you handle the truth? How about you show me tC's with S/C only, dynoing 200whp, and I'll show you one that didn't. I'm probably one of the few people who actually video tape everything, so don't challenge me when I got vids bro.

I just might bruise your ego, and then you will start making excuses saying "well there has to be something wrong with that tC". "They didn't dyno it right". "The guy can't drive". "Did he install it correctly".....etc, etc.

If you actually know anything about dyno's and how they work then you would know they are usually all off +/- 5-10%. I can show you the same car on 3 dynos and get 3 totally different results. I could put your car you brag about non stop on a dyno that would make your car look like slow poop and on another dyno that shows way more power than you could ever want. Simple facts, yet you argue like you know it all. Here is a simple fact for you, My car originally dynoed at 138WHP yet I am at 231 wheel. That is a 93 horse difference. I will take that anyday at the price I paid.

I can honestly say your quite an @ss after reading allot of your posts. You really come across all high and mighty but look like a total fool to most of us. You have no usefull input other than buy a turbo kit and from ZPI, you have no technical knowledge because you have other people do your work and yet you babble like you know everything there is to know about forced induction when in fact you can probably not tune a carb on a briggs. ZPI should look elseware when letting you post ***** about them or for even sponsoring you because it gives them a bad name having a jerkoff with a huge e-weener opening his mouth every chance he gets talking crap about everyone else and there choices. One of these days your going to get what you deserve with that mouth of yours, and I will be right here watching and waiting and laughing about it.

Not to many people annoy me like this guy who acts like he is in 3rd grade and just watched fast and the furious.... so I figured I had to post sorry guys! Said my peace haha.

Ok, you said your peace, but you are way off. And everyone that meets me can vouch that I'm not hard to get along with. I'm 26 yrs old just like you. And I don't recall braggin on about our car, NO WHERE NEAR a few people I can roll off the tounge about. As you see in the post I was making as you were typing all your thoughts, that I apologized and to let you know that I respect people and their choices. I said one measely opinion so don't get bent out of shape, Cease Fire Cowboy. I didn't feel the S/C was adequate for it's price range, that's my opinion. Just chill bro, it's all good man.

You can only INTERPRET someones emotions on the internet. I wasn't being hostile, or was not trying to be.

Just a little FYI for you....I build and fabricated 95% of this car. Only thing I didn't do was the turbo kit. Wanted no complications, and wanted the least amount of down time, so there is nothing wrong with taking it to the people who actually created your kit. Just like a lot of people getting their S/C installed by Toyota, nothing wrong with that in the least bit. Not everyone builds 100% of their car. If they can do body work, they let someone else do engine. If they do engine, they let someone else do body. Pretty common thing you know.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member

We have 2 Superchargers in inventory that I will let go to Scionlife members at our cost which is $2800.00 + tax

PM me for more info.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love the forums

soo much drama!

Lets get back on topic, Those of you with the TRD SC, would you do it again?

yes i would do it again IF i get another tC.

---------------------------------

Originally Posted by Cpjones1231
We have 2 Superchargers in inventory that I will let go to Scionlife members at our cost which is $2800.00 + tax

PM me for more info.
awesome price, thats how much i got it for. somebody needs to jump on this because YOU cant GET ANY LOWER than cost.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If only you had posted last week. Just bought my supercharger. Anyone looking to supercharge should jump on this.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My bpv comparison on the dyno.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

I live in Vero Beach Florida and both dealerships by me Toyota of Vero and Bev Smith Toyota of Fort Pierce DO NOT have the reflash and have never done a Supercharger application on any tC AUTO or MANUAL. That sucks I really want one... maybe this is a sign that I should save my money and not blow it. Well anyone know of a dealer in Orlando Florida around say Oviedo that has done one and has the reflash????

Quick Reply: Those of you with the TRD SC, would you do it again?