Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Thoughts on dezod kit s1

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Thoughts on dezod kit s1

If sombody has the dezod i would really like to know what kind of numbers they got from the stage 1 and how they like it as im really thinking about this kit, i was gonna go with zpi stage 1 but from what i hear they take a really long time to deliver the kit so thats outttttt, i also need to know if this kit comes with everything i need to have one of my mechanics do it i love the tc and cant wait to start beating on some s/c tiberons,wrx,sti,evo,g35,350z hopfully lemme know what ur thoughts are on this kit thankyou hopfully soon i wont be the prey but ill be the predator i cant take all these people laughing at my tc im gonna show them whats uppppp.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

These guys are legit - mine is on the way. w00000t.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seems great and awesome guy from what i see on the forums. i haven't seen a single negative thing against them..
Old 07-01-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hope this post is a joke.... If you don't even know what components a kit is supposed to come with and you're just going to hand it over to a mechanic, and then (apparantly) drive it on the streets to "beat" on all those cars, I hope you hit a tree.

Keep it on the track, and if you have about $10,000 lying around, go buy a better car because that's about what it would cost to make your car be able to beat all those other 300hp+ cars. And the dezod kit isn't what will get you there.

P.S.: Dezod is the only company I would do business with right ahead of turbonetics.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

this is pretty much the same thread i have. check this one out and let us know if u have any more questions...
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=124967
Old 07-01-2006, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Otocan
And the dezod kit isn't what will get you there.
a dezod s1 with turbo pistons will do 12's maybe even in the 11's and thats not even 5k

cya
Old 07-01-2006, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah - see nothing but good report cards for them.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by sensay
a dezod s1 with turbo pistons will do 12's maybe even in the 11's and thats not even 5k

cya

Really, who with the Dezod kit has hit 12's? 11's.... Now that's funny.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

cya

Well considering only 10.5 PSI on our S1 was hitting mid 13's consistently with 2.2-2.4 60's on DOT Drag Radials (babying it because we snapped an axle @ 8.5 PSI last year as you may recall).......some slicks and a couple more PSI could prob bring you into the 12's easy. We are trying to be the 1st tC in the 12's on 17" drag radials right now.

As I recall, ZPI's 12.xx sec tC ran 13.7 @ the shootout on video with street tires. Not to mention they also grenaded their motor too from another post they made a couple months ago....So please leave the facts sorted out from the BS.

Slicks make a ton of difference on the 1/4. Plain and simple.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PWNZ'RD??
Old 07-01-2006, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI also ran open downpipe... Dezod will hit 12s with full exhaust! Just watch...:D
Old 07-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
ZPI also ran open downpipe... Dezod will hit 12s with full exhaust! Just watch...:D
And a ton of boost too.

We are running the full 2.5" exhaust.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi did their 12.1 run at 14 psi and a stock motor, thats at the very limits to what the block, and unsafe.

with the dezod piston kit you could run at 15 PSI with no problems, and that means high 11's on drag tires.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

cya

Well considering only 10.5 PSI on our S1 was hitting mid 13's consistently with 2.2-2.4 60's on DOT Drag Radials (babying it because we snapped an axle @ 8.5 PSI last year as you may recall).......some slicks and a couple more PSI could prob bring you into the 12's easy. We are trying to be the 1st tC in the 12's on 17" drag radials right now.

As I recall, ZPI's 12.xx sec tC ran 13.7 @ the shootout on video with street tires. Not to mention they also grenaded their motor too from another post they made a couple months ago....So please leave the facts sorted out from the BS.

Slicks make a ton of difference on the 1/4. Plain and simple.

That was on 19" street tires. And what facts are you refering to. All I said was no one with the S1 kit has hit 12's which I believe I just stated a fact. Wasn't BSin anyone, or trying to put the kit down in anyway.

And if you don't make that dip into the 12's within 1 to 2 weeks, then your going to loose that one, cause I'm about to do it... . Do I smell a race paul?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
And a ton of boost too.

We are running the full 2.5" exhaust.

14 PSI is a tone of boost Someone told me that was low boost. And on 14 PSI, were not talking 12.9. We are talking 12.1 a whole different ball game. And aren't you guys running Open wastegate now?

PS...Better hurry up, like I said, cause I'm going to hit 12's in about a week or two when the Stage 3 clutch gets finished. Word through the grape vine is MikeScion is breathing down 12 times too, with a recorded time of 13.1 in the 1/4th.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

That was on 19" street tires. And what facts are you refering to. All I said was no one with the S1 kit has hit 12's which I believe I just stated a fact. Wasn't BSin anyone, or trying to put the kit down in anyway.

And if you don't make that dip into the 12's within 1 to 2 weeks, then your going to loose that one, cause I'm about to do it... . Do I smell a race paul?
I will believe it when I see it bro. Talk is just that...talk. Proof is with time slips (of course your own and video)....14 PSI is 1 BAR, far from low boost. Sure I will put our kit pound for pound against any kit out there. I think the performance speaks for itself. Open wastegate and open downpipe are a bit of a different thing there rhythm. Not to be confused.

With respect to the 12.1, SLICKS and no exhaust make quite a difference. Once again, let keep this full of facts. No BS. I would love to throw our tC on slicks, but 1st want to dip into the 12's on street tires claim that, then hit the slicks. I think that 12.1 will be shattered within the next few months with some more boost. ;)

10.5 PSI now.........keep staying glued to our threads, as you have been all along, sit tight and watch my friend.

Please post track slips, and vids and not HKS FATT quotes, because that can be VERY off.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=#1604409
Old 07-01-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from what i have gathered, if you buy a turbo from Dezod you will get it.......some other sellers reciving the actual product has been difficult for some people, i have yet to buy anything from them yet but they have always been professional and very helpfull when i do ask them questions.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I will believe it when I see it bro. Talk is just that...talk. Proof is with time slips (of course your own and video)....14 PSI is 1 BAR, far from low boost. Sure I will put our kit pound for pound against any kit out there. I think the performance speaks for itself. Open wastegate and open downpipe are a bit of a different thing there rhythm. Not to be confused.

With respect to the 12.1, SLICKS and no exhaust make quite a difference. Once again, let keep this full of facts. No BS. I would love to throw our tC on slicks, but 1st want to dip into the 12's on street tires claim that, then hit the slicks. I think that 12.1 will be shattered within the next few months with some more boost. ;)

10.5 PSI now.........keep staying glued to our threads, as you have been all along, sit tight and watch my friend.

Please post track slips, and vids and not HKS FATT quotes, because that can be VERY off.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=#1604409

You better hurry up with that 12.1 shattering, because it's already has the makings of being an old record. The silver ZPI car will do mid 11's on slicks. When it ran at the track that one day, the track was still wet. and it was running low 12's. Man, would have been sweet to see it run on a dry track. But it's coming back out in full force soon. And I'll get you those slips when I get enough clutch to hold me...

Specs will be

17 ich DR's on Scion stock wheels
Open wastegate (like you)
And turbo back exhaust

So, hurry up already and drop the toys in that car, and run with the big dogs...
Old 07-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kilo6_one
from what i have gathered, if you buy a turbo from Dezod you will get it.......some other sellers reciving the actual product has been difficult for some people, i have yet to buy anything from them yet but they have always been professional and very helpfull when i do ask them questions.
Yes our buyers receive their items, no questions asked. Thanks for the kind words.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on dezod kit s1