Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Thoughts on dezod kit s1

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
You better hurry up with that 12.1 shattering, because it's already has the makings of being an old record. The silver ZPI car will do mid 11's on slicks. When it ran at the track that one day, the track was still wet. and it was running low 12's. Man, would have been sweet to see it run on a dry track. But it's coming back out in full force soon. And I'll get you those slips when I get enough clutch to hold me...

Specs will be

17 ich DR's on Scion stock wheels
Open wastegate (like you)
And turbo back exhaust

So, hurry up already and drop the toys in that car, and run with the big dogs...
Is your motor built?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
You better hurry up with that 12.1 shattering, because it's already has the makings of being an old record. The silver ZPI car will do mid 11's on slicks. When it ran at the track that one day, the track was still wet. and it was running low 12's. Man, would have been sweet to see it run on a dry track. But it's coming back out in full force soon. And I'll get you those slips when I get enough clutch to hold me...

Specs will be

17 ich DR's on Scion stock wheels
Open wastegate (like you)
And turbo back exhaust

So, hurry up already and drop the toys in that car, and run with the big dogs...
Is your motor built?

Not even close to being built. We have two power mods. Turbo kit, and Turbo back exhaust.

When the clutch gets installed, look for us to be on 10 PSI and 12 sec. runs.

Next phase to commence after I'm done with that goal will be that of methanol injection, and probably more boost.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

More boost = more tires ;)

This is some good stuff, I can't wait to just go out and have a good time.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

otocan grow the hell up man i was asking a question and you are the type of people that should not be on these posts i hope ur car that $10,000 more than mine crashs and burns . cause with the right amount of money and time u can have a faster car than a $150,000 Masserati if u want ill send u the videos????? i dont think im gonna beat on those cars i was posting to ask what everyone thinks and to tell u the truth if i did rebuild the motor and turned the boost up i dont see a reason y i cant touch those cars i do have the money to get a better car but thats no funnnn cause everyone knows its fast its cocky people like u that role up and have there asses handed to them from a $17,000 car the best part abouit it is seeing peoples faces when they no ur car was half of what there cost and u raped them.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by coppermine18
These guys are legit - mine is on the way. w00000t.
I thought maybe that because you autocross so much, you would go the supercharger route since when taking so much curves your turbo wouldn't charge in time when shifting to the next.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

otocan grow the hell up man i was asking a question and you are the type of people that should not be on these posts i hope ur car that $10,000 more than mine crashs and burns . cause with the right amount of money and time u can have a faster car than a $150,000 Masserati if u want ill send u the videos????? i dont think im gonna beat on those cars i was posting to ask what everyone thinks and to tell u the truth if i did rebuild the motor and turned the boost up i dont see a reason y i cant touch those cars i do have the money to get a better car but thats no funnnn cause everyone knows its fast its cocky people like u that role up and have there asses handed to them from a $17,000 car the best part abouit it is seeing peoples faces when they no ur car was half of what there cost and u raped them.
You might be able to beat every one of those cars you listed, providing they were stock. Hell, the Maserati in getting beat in the video was bone stock.

With the right amount of money and time, yea, anything is possible. While you're at it, after you build up your engine, you may as well budget in a RWD conversion so you can make some respectable power.

If your goal is legitimate track racing, then you bought the wrong car.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think hes lookin to go down to the track, just to shutup some gotti boys driving g35's that there parents bought them when he sees them at a light on on the parkway
Old 07-02-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get a little upset (not at anyone, I just feel we weren't clear enough) when I see some of the comments here because we're still fighting a conception issue with our Stage 1.

Here's some clarification...

We have a Stage 1, and a Stage 2 (S2 EMS TBA). The Stage 1 is our daily driver, weekend hobbyist turbo kit. We don't take shortcuts by removing unnecessary parts, so the cost is still up there. We do this because it will run the way it's supposed to. I've been boosted for almost a full year on a stock and unmodified motor with a stock PCV valve and NO ISSUES what so ever. I think that says a lot about how well our kits are made. The S1 was specifically designed as a street kit. We did this because when you're in traffic or need to get around town, a faster spooling turbo is needed. We set it up with a T3/T04B that makes about 5psi at only 2k rpms (in 3rd gear). It holds boost to redline and supports about 350-400hp. The instant low end torque is what people want when they need to get up and go. Sure you don't see these numbers when you look at peak values, but that's where you can leave it to me and Paul to work our magic. The car felt much faster than we expected in the streets. Boost is instantaneous and VERY linear. It's the way a street car should respond. You need a broad amount of usable torque, that can still handle it's own on the track. THAT'S what the Stage 1 is meant for. So, being that our Stage 1 turbo with DOT DRs on 17s, 10.5psi, and a full 16 speaker sound system, kitted tC ran a 13.4@107 is something to be proud of. That kit alone at about 13psi could have put it into the 12s.

NOW, moving on to the S2. It's about the same exact price as our S1. The differences are minimal. The kit does make a considerable amount more power at the 4k+ rpm range. So why wouldn't everyone go with this kit instead? Sure you get more bragging rights, but how often do you dyno or race? If you spend over 80% daily driving, then it's just not your application. The S1 is for the street guys that hit the track or auto-x. The S1 will actually feel faster on the streets than the S2 because the turbo is more efficienct at lower boost levels, and spools faster. The S2 will need more throttle to keep up with the S1 on the street. When the S2 is up to speed, then it'll start to pull away from tehre. The S2 is top end, great for all highways, drag, and road race circuits. This is the kit you want to compare to any ZPI Stage 1+ kit. We did not make the S1 for peak numbers, only for broad torque.

We've succeeded in both aspects. Our Stage 1 kits on all of our customers cars still run, and we haven't had one blown motor or turbo. I think that says a lot about our engineering and reliability. Good stuff comes at a good price, if you buy cheap, you may be missing out on essentials. Our S2 powered Dezod tC will be going back to the track again soon. I finally took the subs out and will be tuning it as we go. I'm moving to AZ next week so I apologize for not posting up any big updates on the car yet. But look for a Stage 2 Dezod kit putting any car running over 10PSI in the 12s on DOT tires, not slicks. Then take that same setup and drive a couple hundred miles home knowing you'll make it there in one piece.

Oh yeah, and our turn around time on kits made to this level of standards show up at your door within about 2 weeks of ordering it. Our last kit shipped out within the same week of the order. How's that for turn around?

Thank you for everyone's support on our turbo kits and our company. We're growing at an alarming rate and have no one else to thank but all the wonderful customers that make this happen. If you have any questions regarding the differences of what I discussed, or what anyone else has, post up. Paul and I can comfortably answer any situation at hand.

Oh and rythm, we're not going to rush our testing and/or design to say we had the first tC in the 12s on DOT approved tires. We're taking the time needed to get the car the way it should be. So we can then sell those kits that produce those numbers, and not worry about them breaking things. When we can safely put down those passes, we will, and Scion Life will be the first to know.

Thank you for everyone's time.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-02-2006, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is why im being roommates with this kid haha
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well put Joe. Well put.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ive been on the forum for over a year now and have watched dezod answer many questions and give "real" answers. I really don't think I have heard anybody say they didn't like the turbo (from what i recall ..... not even once). With all of their positive feedback on a forum ...that normally puts people on blast (hates on them). .... this is the company I would go with if I didn't already buy a s/c. From what I hear - they are also the best tuned out of the box compared to turbonetics high and low resulting numbers.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod, How much WHP does 5.6 psi produce?
Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^You mean on their S1 kit, right?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Oh and rythm, we're not going to rush our testing and/or design to say we had the first tC in the 12s on DOT approved tires. We're taking the time needed to get the car the way it should be. So we can then sell those kits that produce those numbers, and not worry about them breaking things. When we can safely put down those passes, we will, and Scion Life will be the first to know.

That's cool man... You know SL will be one of the spots I hit up when I hit the 12's on DOT drag radials. I'm shooting to do it on 10 PSI. The only thing I've ever had problems (have broken per say) with in our car is the clutch going out from the power. Sucks when the car is down, but I'll be right back at the track when it's done being broken in.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by RAMROD7
Dezod, How much WHP does 5.6 psi produce?
We do not know on a 5 speed. Lowest boost we tested a 5 speed at was 8 PSI, and it delivered 244whp & 255wtq with a catalytic converter on the downpipe and a recirculated dump tube for the wastegate.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Feel free to PM for an ex-owners opinion.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi

Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi
Old 07-03-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

All I can say is that if you want great people to produce a great product, Dezod is the way to go. They will make sure you are happy with your product and they are constantly working to maximize capabilities...

...plus they are actually honest and they don't give you BS.

If I decide to go F/I, I will definitely go with Dezod. You can archive this one for future reference, lol.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on dezod kit s1