Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

THROTTLE RESPONSE

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:54 PM
SL Member

Default THROTTLE RESPONSE

Hey guys i was wondering, is anyone here using any aftermarket kit to make the throttle response better on our cars? or if it opens to 100% instead of 81%. let me know thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you are using a turbo kit then get a synapse eng. BOV to get your throttle response back. also if you want to spend a chunk of money you can get the electronic blitz module for DBW throttle control.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
SL Member

Well i am supercharged but the ecu does something to my throttle that it closes it to 44% at around 4200 rpm from 81%, it really kills my top end power.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blitz throttle controller....
Old 05-15-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea then get the controller. then when the supercharger poops out, get turbo.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Don't waste money on the throttle controller, what is your mods?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats wrong with the throttle controllers and can it be controlled with any ecu or just stand alone ? he said he is supercharged. you running the reflashed ecu ?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
whats wrong with the throttle controllers and can it be controlled with any ecu or just stand alone ? he said he is supercharged. you running the reflashed ecu ?
its a complete waste of money. Answer this has anyone took off there intake tube and watched the TB not just what the ECU says? Have they done this before and after? Throttle controllers only shorten the milliseconds it takes to open the throttle. If you are boosted save your money and buy a good engine management system. I don't have a throttle controller and I don't have any issues with my GT35R boosted setup regarding throttle delay.

People don't agree with me on this but when I just had bolt ons the car was hesitant and coming to stops when I go to neutral (manual trans) when the rpms would drop down and stay really low (lower than it should be 500-600). So I decided to change to one step colder than stock spark plugs and I noticed an improvement in throttle response and the throttle didn't drop down as far when I came to stops.

Long story short

Great engine management FTMFW is all you need.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

throttle control good ems.. hydra and AEM i believe are the only option for now.. with hydra my throttle opens 102% lol. there's a guy here that converted to cable throttle with a standalone i couldnt remember
Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
Don't waste money on the throttle controller, what is your mods?
Well i have header, full exhaust and a nst 9.5 psi pulley.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
SL Member

its a complete waste of money. Answer this has anyone took off there intake tube and watched the TB not just what the ECU says? Have they done this before and after? Throttle controllers only shorten the milliseconds it takes to open the throttle. If you are boosted save your money and buy a good engine management system. I don't have a throttle controller and I don't have any issues with my GT35R boosted setup regarding throttle delay.

People don't agree with me on this but when I just had bolt ons the car was hesitant and coming to stops when I go to neutral (manual trans) when the rpms would drop down and stay really low (lower than it should be 500-600). So I decided to change to one step colder than stock spark plugs and I noticed an improvement in throttle response and the throttle didn't drop down as far when I came to stops.

Long story short

Yeah i am running the reflashed ecu, it really kills my performance uptop.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DUANYS

Long story short

shouldn't, i have a similar setup as you and my car is very fast up top. As fast as g37 on the highway.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka

Long story short

shouldn't, i have a similar setup as you and my car is very fast up top. As fast as g37 on the highway.
Wel i havent raced a g37, but when i hook up the scanner and i am running in 3,4,5 gear the boost drops at 4200-4500rpm to redline and the throttle percent goes down to 41% from 81%, i called trd and they say its a safety that they put in the last supercharger kits reflash map so that we wouldnt damage our motors due to warrenty issues from previous years. i curently have the nst 9.5 pulley but i know i am not making full power out of it since the whole throttle issue. what year tc do you have?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have an 06, and my boost never drops. Maybe its only on the newer ones. I'm at 10psi @redline and btw I'm convinced that the people at trd are slow so i wouldn't be asking them anything anyway They told me my s/c bearings went out because I didn't have a cat
Old 05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
SL Member

i have an 06, and my boost never drops. Maybe its only on the newer ones. I'm at 10psi @redline and btw I'm convinced that the people at trd are slow so i wouldn't be asking them anything anyway They told me my s/c bearings went out because I didn't have a cat
yeah mine is an 08, maybe thats why
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That makes the 08 supercharger super retarded. You don't even get 7 psi or 200hp if thats the case. Weak trd very weak!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have a full lip kit, tints, and a little dropped... did u try passing a super white tc with a full lip kit on small silver 15's with blue lug nuts once on the on ramp from 138 to i75 a few weeks back????
Old 05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
SL Member

That makes the 08 supercharger super retarded. You don't even get 7 psi or 200hp if thats the case. Weak trd very weak!
Well when i was at 7 psi i made 211whp, ever since i swapped the pulley i havent dynoed but it feels more powerful.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
you have a full lip kit, tints, and a little dropped... did u try passing a super white tc with a full lip kit on small silver 15's with blue lug nuts once on the on ramp from 138 to i75 a few weeks back????
well no i am dropped but i dont have a lipkit. but i might have seen a tc like that down here. do you go to the hangouts?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well when i was at 7 psi i made 211whp, ever since i swapped the pulley i havent dynoed but it feels more powerful.
well you said your boost drops between 4500-redline and you can't hit 7psi unless your at redline so how does that work?

Quick Reply: THROTTLE RESPONSE