Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Tikbhoy's Supercharger Adventure!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Its not a dynojet type, thanks paul and seen4ever. I will be using the same dyno for any future runs.

2. Stock intake, i put it back because i dint like how the car ran on the low end, i can feel the power increase thru top end tho.

3. Yes, i am aware that the dyno i used do typically read higher up to 10hp. But i just assume that the numbers it gives is as accurate as it gets.

4. Some of the labels on the sheets are wrong, I think the Company name is wrong too.

5. They do have a dynojet type for AWD and RWD. They also have about 4 dynapacks that i saw in the garage.

6. They hooked up a OBD reader thru the port and the WEIRDEST thing is that it was reading "80%" at full throttle, but i guess the only way to prove the reader wrong is to tap to the injectors and read the duty cycle of each.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I noticed the "flywheel" label too. Tikbhoy, is it a chassis dyno, or is it a flywheel.
FYI:
DynoPack is a hub dyno system. The wheels must be removed to dyno the vehicle. Typically these read higher than other dynos because they do not take into account friction coefficient from the tires to the pavement like some other dynos do.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by seen4ever
i would also venture to say that dynopaks are the most correct dyno's on the market. Yet they are pricey, plus they can actually place load on the car rather than the dynojet.
DynoMite are abotu $40K and can do that same.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

whats the deal with that S2000 with the ironing board wing on the back?? Anything done to that??
Old 11-18-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
whats the deal with that S2000 with the ironing board wing on the back?? Anything done to that??
I pressed my shirts on it last night, but I don't think that is what your talking about. j/k
Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by apexjr
I pressed my shirts on it last night, but I don't think that is what your talking about. j/k
That thing is a lil ridiculous though. It looks like a dam Pep Boys special APC spoiler. What a shame
Old 11-19-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That thing is a lil ridiculous though. It looks like a dam Pep Boys special APC spoiler. What a shame
there are times its usefull. I dont want this to turn into some ____ing contest about the wing. but its gutted, full cage, built motor, etc. since s2k's are worth more than my car i still have respect for them.

edit-
Old 11-19-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
there are times its usefull. I dont want this to turn into some ____ing contest about the wing. but its gutted, full cage, built motor, etc. since s2k's are worth my car i still have respect for them.

LoL. Whats the point of "gutting" an S2K? You take out what? A seat and a 5X5 square of carpet. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Charles
Old 11-19-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
LoL. Whats the point of "gutting" an S2K? You take out what? A seat and a 5X5 square of carpet. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Charles
who cares about the car, the wing or etc.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Please no more rants/questions/complain about the s2k!

Thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just an update

Changed the oil with castrol gtx 5w30 , 4qts in and 1qt used to wash it down old oil. I used OE oil filter.

I finally got rid of the charcoal filter. Its easy, just drill out the 4 plastics holding the center filter.

I just ordered the K&N box filter part number is 33-2145-1.

Next up will be a S-Pipe and clean the Vacuum lines.

Gas mileage is great too, i get 300 to the tank. =)

Dyno again later around february on the dynapack.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a lil update

I recently replaced the stock box filter with a K&N then i trimmed out the charcoal filter so i can still use the OE box.

I ordered megan header on ebay and im on the lookout for a s-pipe too. I want to wrap the header and spipe with thermotec black header wrap so it wont stick out that much when i open my hood.

I still plan to dyno my car soon again this february to see differences from my baseline run
Old 12-16-2005, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to take off the supercharger to fit a header if you want to put it on. If you do however figure out a way to install it without doing that please tell me as i've tried
Old 12-16-2005, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Munch installed his header after the SC i believe. I think he said you just have to move the alternator. don't quote me though.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Motorsport_TC
You have to take off the supercharger to fit a header if you want to put it on. If you do however figure out a way to install it without doing that please tell me as i've tried
Originally Posted by jtscion
Munch installed his header after the SC i believe. I think he said you just have to move the alternator. don't quote me though.
well worst come to worst i could try lowering the radiator to make room if thats the case, i havent really looked in my hood for room to work with.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JT_Scion
That is 100% correct. you can install a header without removing the supercharger. You will just have to move the alternator out of the way and the rest is a piece of cake.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey munch can you pm install directions? as yeah the alternator got in my way, and I have a header sitting doing nothing haha. However the Exhaust Manifold Cover that's a _____ to take off I had to dremel a piece and pull it off unless you know a way to take taht off without bending the cover?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank's Munch Either way it will slap on no matter wat =)
Old 12-16-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
I ordered megan header on ebay and im on the lookout for a s-pipe too. I want to wrap the header and spipe with thermotec black header wrap so it wont stick out that much when i open my hood.
I guess im going for broke this xmas holiday

I ordered the spipe

Yehey 10-15+whp
Old 12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was looking at my alternator, did you take off the SC belt then moved the alternator?

Thanks I woudl really like to do something with my header that's sitting here
Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Motorsport_TC
I was looking at my alternator, did you take off the SC belt then moved the alternator?

Thanks I woudl really like to do something with my header that's sitting here
Yeah take off the belt to get it out the way. Loosen up the alternator, remove the bolts, remove the alternator it makes life much easier ( You do not have to remove the connectors). Once the alternator is out of the way you can take that last nut off easy. Put the newe header on , bolt it down, and put the alternator back. Simple. As far as that heat sheild goes. It will come off once you remove all the bolts and the stud that is on the top of the stock header. You do not have to cut it off.

Quick Reply: Tikbhoy's Supercharger Adventure!