Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

The time has come.... ZPI Stage 0!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nauticalblue_tC
rhythmnsmoke, I'm full aware that kenny is the tC boosting and tuning guru, and I know I'm damn lucky to live so close. What I should have said in my original post is: i WILL be getting an Emanage in the very near future, and Kenny WILL be the one I have tuning it. At that time the Emanage and Black box will work together, one for WOT and one for partial throttle. Until then, I will be running only the black box to take care of partial throttle control, and I will be trusting the stock ecu in open loop at WOT.

THIS THREAD was not meant to start a ____ing contest between Emanage VS. Black Box, as they are both great units and can work in perfect harmony together. I will be running both in a few months. I just want the Black Box for now because I commute 100+ miles daily and I dont want to have to stare at the Wideband gauge to check on my AFR every time I pass a car or drive up a long hill in partial throttle boost.

And Rhythmnsmoke, thank you for being an advocate for ZPI. All your videos and various posts are what ultimately helped me make my decision in choosing ZPI.

BTW satoman44, thank you very much for your input

Ok, cool. That makes much more sense. Oh, I don't think anyone was having a ____ing contest. I think we were all just trying to learn what does what and when. So, this thread was educational at minimal. I enjoyed it. Thanks for the input guys. I just got a little confused when you were talking about the hassle of tunning.

Glad I could assist in any way I could.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Why run the Black Box, when GReddy has the Pressure sensor that does that? Just add the GReddy Pressure sensor to the GReddy E-manage and you can tune off of Boost intead of throttle %. Kenny will square you away no doubt though.
this statement puzzle me, sounds bias too. Do you understand partial throttle tuning?

If the greddy pressure sensor were able to tune in partial throttle then why would Dezod waste their time R&D the black box?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on the kit!
I was considering the same, so that later on I could add the emanage and FMIC. Did you get all the parts from ZPI? What did that cost you?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ
Why run the Black Box, when GReddy has the Pressure sensor that does that? Just add the GReddy Pressure sensor to the GReddy E-manage and you can tune off of Boost intead of throttle %. Kenny will square you away no doubt though.
this statement puzzle me, sounds bias too. Do you understand partial throttle tuning?

If the greddy pressure sensor were able to tune in partial throttle then why would Dezod waste their time R&D the black box?

this question puzzles me. that's like asking me...why would anybody make a turbo kit for a tC after the first company to make one started selling them....
Old 04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mr. Meaty, check your PM's
Old 04-14-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Why not? Becaue people like you buy into it and give them money. I drive partial throttle all the time. I KNOW THE PRESSURE SENSOR WORKS!

Do you understand partial throttle tuning, or even the basics of how to tune an e-manage?

Old 04-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Answer: The pressure sensor does not solve the problem with the e-manage unless you sit there for hours and massage the stock ECU to give you close to what you want, but it is never enough. The stock ECU in closed loop wants a 14.7 AFR with no exceptions. We have witnessed 1st hand on the dyno corrections that where made 1-2 pulls later leaning out what we did. The e-manage is not a powerful unit, but is easy to tune.

I have tuned cars with the e-manage and watched the stock ECU fight with the commands I have entered into it to bring it 14.7. Not to mention that when I was crusing with Joe and watched him at 18-22% throttle was making 1-3 PSI, but was in the 13s despite any changes made to the E-manage with the pressure sensor, I decided to explore other options.

Just wait until we release the AEM shortly, the world of tC tuning will be utterly different.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

emanage doesnt cure partial thorttle tuning none of the pressure sensor ____ does, if u dont believe me just ask jester...
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
emanage doesnt cure partial thorttle tuning none of the pressure sensor poop does, if u dont believe me just ask jester...
How about you ask Garage17 instead....or Mike (whocares). Jester is an entirely different situation to which I described over on his thread.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about you ask a real damn tuner. im willing to put some money on the line....
Old 04-14-2007, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

How about you ask a real damn tuner. im willing to put some money on the line....

I guess Kenny says that you can't either... I could have sworn the last time I talked to him, he was saying just get the Pressure Sensor. And this was before the black box ever showed up.

Makes me no difference either way. I have been part throttle boosting ever since this car has been boosted. Runs just like it did from day 1.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pressure sensor helps with reading boost.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

pressure sensor helps with reading boost.
Is that right....

The Greddy Pressure sensor allows the emanage to be tuned off boost rather than MAF voltage.
Sounds like more can be done with it than just Reading boost.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats pretty much what I meant....

The partial tuning problem is the main reason why im going standalone. I cant build 10psi just accelerating but have a afr of 14.1, not very smart...
Old 04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

thats pretty much what I meant....

The partial tuning problem is the main reason why im going standalone. I cant build 10psi just accelerating but have a afr of 14.1, not very smart...

StandAlone is good... That's skipping to "The Hell Wit It" part...
Old 04-14-2007, 01:53 PM
SL Member

i have the pressor sensor on my car and as soon as i go into boost at partial throtle my afrs start droping to the 12's
Old 04-14-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
i have the pressor sensor on my car and as soon as i go into boost at partial throtle my afrs start droping to the 12's

Welcome to the Hair Club for Men...
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett

Welcome to the Hair Club for Men...
over my head...???
Old 04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and how much boost r u running`
Old 04-14-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

and how much boost r u running`

Quick Reply: The time has come.... ZPI Stage 0!