Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

time to replace the turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could go with treadstone manifold and custom downpipe

300+ 200~
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i gave them a call but they kept tellilng me kenny handled that stuff and he never seemed to be available. im alright with it though i mean... now i have a GT30R! n thats pretty awesome. i just wish i was taken better care of. but EVERY company has pros and cons. from zpi to dezod to walmart. i get my turbo in friday ill be sure to post an update or a new thread on fitment and what route i am going to go.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enrique9876
yea i gave them a call but they kept tellilng me kenny handled that stuff and he never seemed to be available. im alright with it though i mean... now i have a GT30R! n thats pretty awesome. i just wish i was taken better care of. but EVERY company has pros and cons. from zpi to dezod to walmart. i get my turbo in friday ill be sure to post an update or a new thread on fitment and what route i am going to go.
Hi Enrique,

Sorry if I read this thread too late... I had the same issue as you using the 16G turbine. My solution :

Get on ebay and look for Kansai_Sport selling Mitsu/DSM parts direct from Japan. I think he's Japanese but staying in CA. I bought a rebuilt kit for the TD05H and it can be used for the 16G/18G family. It has quality brass journals and a special redesigned thrust bearing with TWO oil passages included in the kit No doubt this would last longer and spin slightly faster than the previous cheepy chinese version.

After tearing down the CHRA, OMG the journal bearings were shot, crunched up, oil holes clogged, oil cap baked like **** I had blue/white smoke+fould oil smell previously. I knew there and then the tubine was toasty toast. I was running 10psi then when this happened.

After fixing....Voila Tubine spinning freely and like new. In fact I hear the spool up much faster than before.

Verdict: Happy with the rebuilt kit @ reasonable price (about $80-110)? @ fast shipping. More importantly, he gives a DETAILED COLOR STEP-BY-STEP install instructions which makes it that much more easy to rebuilt Kansai_Sport FTW. He even sells the Japan 16/18G Greddy exducer turbine shaft if you wish to replace your 16G shaft, bigger power I believe.

Ok, so in ending, get the rebuilt kit if you are worried about placement issues and sell the GT30R. I believe that there would be someone out there who would gladly take it off you for their own custom turbo project.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow thats definitely the cheapest rebuild i have ever heard of.... thanks for the info... i might rebuild it just to have the turbo as a spare or to sell it if its THAT cheap. umm i think i am going to try it out and see what happens with the gt30r ... and who knows it might be the best investment ive made in the car to date :/ errr well i hope its at least UP there on the investments list cuz it wasnt cheap . oh well.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can tell you right now from experience it won't fit you will have to notch the block to fit but how i have 3 blocks i could look at were i was notching b4 doing and its right above the starter is were the guys at zpi notched. no harm to the motor or starter didn't go all the way threw the block either just alil notcharoow that was my cheap way around it since i got the 30r cause i'm all about budget racing HAHAHA
Old 09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait a sec... you have a 30r with the zpi manifold?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i do LOL why you say it like that
Old 09-11-2007, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh no reason i just hadnt read of anyone that had that setup or i would have asked first. man thats just depressing... i was really hoping it would fit. ok manifold..... here i come