Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Time for the TRD supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Time for the TRD supercharger

Alright to start off, im not sure if any post is out there that answers these questions. I searched but i could not find anything, so here i go.

I'm planning to buy the supercharger, from trdsparks.com. now i read up on the turbo thread on the parts and all that, however i dont think i need all that stuff for the supercharger. I was wondering if someone could help me setup what i need and sorts for the s/c.

I want to make a list of prices and sort, and here is what i have so far:

1. TRD supercharger: $1900, trdspark.com
2. Clutchmasters lightweight flywheel: $370, killertc.com
3. Any recommendations on a clutch?

As of right now, i have an injen intake, and trd axle back exhaust. Im not sure if i need a full exhaust? Do i need a different intake? Do i even need a new clutch? Do i need a new ecu?

Any help would be great!

Finally, i have been seeing some dynos of the trd s/c. Scion rates this thing at getting up to 200hp. Now, i have seen dynos that have around 230hp, even one (icenine's) that had 311whp w/ the trd supercharger. How are they getting that kind of power out of a supercharger? I would love to get around 240hp.

Engifineer, if you see this post then im sure you can answer everythin

Anyways someone help me set this up and teach me a little about how to get 240hp with the trd s/c.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh and one more question... I saw a video that had a trd s/c w/ a BOV... i didnt think you could do that but i guess you can... anyone want to explain how i set that up?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Time for the TRD supercharger

Originally Posted by Blacklistcustomz
Alright to start off, im not sure if any post is out there that answers these questions. I searched but i could not find anything, so here i go.

I'm planning to buy the supercharger, from trdsparks.com. now i read up on the turbo thread on the parts and all that, however i dont think i need all that stuff for the supercharger. I was wondering if someone could help me setup what i need and sorts for the s/c.

I want to make a list of prices and sort, and here is what i have so far:

1. TRD supercharger: $1900, trdspark.com
2. Clutchmasters lightweight flywheel: $370, killertc.com
3. Any recommendations on a clutch?

As of right now, i have an injen intake, and trd axle back exhaust. Im not sure if i need a full exhaust? Do i need a different intake? Do i even need a new clutch? Do i need a new ecu?

Any help would be great!

Finally, i have been seeing some dynos of the trd s/c. Scion rates this thing at getting up to 200hp. Now, i have seen dynos that have around 230hp, even one (icenine's) that had 311whp w/ the trd supercharger. How are they getting that kind of power out of a supercharger? I would love to get around 240hp.

Engifineer, if you see this post then im sure you can answer everythin

Anyways someone help me set this up and teach me a little about how to get 240hp with the trd s/c.
nst 9.5 psi pulley and greddy ultimate emanage plus watermeth and a tune will bring u close to 240 and 250 hp.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

you wont be able to use your CAI with the S/C...
You can get a full exhaust if you wanted (header, s-pipe, cat back)
for a clutch, go Stage 3 (as recommended to me by Dezod)
And like rydrdg said, 9.5lb pulley, water/meth, and some type of engine managment will do good...
Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any recommendations for us auto guys? you guys think its necessary to do the transmission upgrade service that places like www.levelten.com perform?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

automatic TRD supercharge on the Tc on put out 189whp, w/ 9psi pulley...O_O....any ideas that could bring it to 200+ whp ? 189whp that's with full exhausts 9psi pulley CAI and a greddy emanage...could it be the place that did the tuning?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

personally from what I hear about the emanage stay away the tcs hate em....unless u go with the ultimate were u can control more things than the blue I personally am going with an aem f/ic with the dezod pNp harness with trd exhaust k&n cold air dc header and 9.5 pulley looking to get around 250-260 whp hopefully yea u don't need a clutch right away but eventually it wouldn't hurt...I take my car to the track so I'm going to upgrade clutch plus also so I can put slicks on my car gl btw
Old 03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Alright so this should be my list?

1. TRD supercharger
2. 9.5lb pulley
3. water/meth?
4. engine management
5. a new clutch and flywheel

What exactly is water/meth?

And how do i put a BOV into the system?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by IcetC
looking to get around 250-260 whp
Good luck with that. You won't even get close to that with those mods you mentioned...
Old 03-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned
SL Member

Here is some info for the water/methanol injection...

http://www.snowperformance.net/
Old 03-03-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1: you can use a cold air intake with a supercharger, you either have to buy an intake that will work with the s/c or you have to change your intake you have to work with the sc.

2: You cant use a BOV with the supercharger, he was probably running a different BPV they work in 2 different ways.

3: How to get to 240+ whp - CAI, Header, s pipe, full catless exhaust( ptuning or dezod turbo exhaust because of the s/c you loose the need for the backpressure. so you dont need to worry about losing some low end trq to get hp) 9.5 lb s/c pulley or possibly the 12 lb s/c if u want more boost. some kind of engine management and a good tune. Watermeth is a possiblity to. You can also get a crank pulley, lsd, new clutch/ flywheel. If you even want more power then that, build your engine. You will need gauges - boost, oil temp, and a/f ratio id sugeggest.

4: if im leavin out somethin some one jump in.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

fu<k i still have no idea what i want to do yet.... i really want the greddy turbo, however, the trd s/c is a ____ ton cheaper... thanks for the help so far, but i have more thinkin to do... greddy = expensive when you add in the emanage and a clutch....
Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the supercharger build can get pretty pricey to if you want to get up to 240+. Dont forget to add in installation if you arnt installin it yourself
Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MkhoiD
automatic TRD supercharge on the Tc on put out 189whp, w/ 9psi pulley...O_O....any ideas that could bring it to 200+ whp ? 189whp that's with full exhausts 9psi pulley CAI and a greddy emanage...could it be the place that did the tuning?

Wow...that all your put out...I thought the 9psi pulley would put you to 200whp...I guess not! that sucks...
Old 03-03-2008, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep, cause stock...automatic puts out 130whp. i believe.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea thats why i said hopefully for my whp goal but eventually i will go full exhaust and stuff...back to blacklist if you want the bov sound i would suggest getting what i just picked up a forge splt-r bpv still offers the sound the only thing is you won't be able to hold full boost with it if you are looking to keep max boost i would upgrade to the forge 007 bpv but you don't get the sound

as for the water/meth can someone chime in because i am kinda interested in that as well. thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

I had no idea that so much went into the trd s/c.

What happens when you buy it from scion? do they give you the clutch and a new pulley?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Blacklistcustomz
I had no idea that so much went into the trd s/c.

What happens when you buy it from scion? do they give you the clutch and a new pulley?
No...they dont....You dont NEED the new clutch or pulley....that only if your going to up boost...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc4joe
any recommendations for us auto guys? you guys think its necessary to do the transmission upgrade service that places like www.levelten.com perform?
no, tranny upgrades wont be necessary for the s/c + conventional mods. a tranny cooler wouldnt hurt though, but like i said, not necessary.

Originally Posted by MkhoiD
i made 212whp 180tq @8.4 psi. i was using the nst 9.5psi pulley tuned with greddy eman. ult. so could be your tuner..
Old 03-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

What would i expect to see on the dyno with only the supercharger?

Can i put the pulley in later when i get more money?

Quick Reply: Time for the TRD supercharger