Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Totalled my s/c tC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Totalled my s/c tC!

I'm posting here because this is the forum I follow closest. Wrecked it Friday night. All I got was a bruise on my leg and a stiff neck for a couple days. I'm getting a new tC next week. The supercharger will go back on the new one after about 1,000 miles. The before and after pics are in my profile. May she rest in peace
Old 01-27-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch
Old 01-27-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, what happened?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That sucks a fat one. No dmg to the S/C then? They total your tC I take it? strip it for parts!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LED-Maniac
dude, what happened?
I was going home from work Friday night, less than a mile from home. The back end kicked out to the left, I counter-steered, then it kicked right and I was outta control. Hit a ditch, flipped over twice and landed on all fours. I don't know what caused the back end to lose traction. Roads weren't bad and I wasn't going "that fast". Possibly a tire blew? Both passenger tires were flat when all said and done.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

So let me get it straight, you are buying a new tC and putting an old SC on it? What's the point in that? The old SC on a new car will not be covered under Toyco warranty. And if you are looking for speed...

As far as the rear end coming around - do you remember if you were in low gear / high RPMs and let off the gas? I did the exact same thing - going pretty fast in 2nd gear in the turn, then letting off the gas. Rear end came around, I overcorrected, ended up doing a 270 rotation and sliding ___-first in the ditch. Got scrary lucky at that, too because I did not hit anybody and the car was pretty much ok.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man. glad to see that you are ok and that you r getting a new tc.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:30 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dang sorry to hear it. Is EVERYTHING ok with the SC, the intake the oil pan and all lines? If so that is awesome. Well except for install.

Glad all is good.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, sorry to hear that man, but on the other hands, anything u want to sell from ur old tC? I might be interested, u know.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoltiz
So let me get it straight, you are buying a new tC and putting an old SC on it? What's the point in that? The old SC on a new car will not be covered under Toyco warranty. And if you are looking for speed...

As far as the rear end coming around - do you remember if you were in low gear / high RPMs and let off the gas? I did the exact same thing - going pretty fast in 2nd gear in the turn, then letting off the gas. Rear end came around, I overcorrected, ended up doing a 270 rotation and sliding butt-first in the ditch. Got scrary lucky at that, too because I did not hit anybody and the car was pretty much ok.
First of all..... Thank you everybody for expressing concern. Check out the pics in my profile, It's amazing that I didn't get hurt. I think I was in 5th gear. I was't driving real aggressively or anything. I did hit my brakes right before the back end came loose, but I wasn't in the middle of the turn so as to induce oversteer. It was SCARY! Thank God nobody else was involved .

I'm gonna check about the warranty. The only part of the s/c that got damaged was the airbox.......ZPI intake please !

My 18" wheels were tucked away safely in my garage (winter driving). I left the springs and anti-roll bar on the car (not worth saving). I might be selling the stereo system (pm me if you are interested).

Ryan
Old 01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What color are you getting?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good to hear your ok

drive safe
Old 01-27-2006, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just curious. What kind of road conditions? Wet, dry, icy, or some variation thereof? Do you know if you hit a pothole, or caught the edge of the shoulder? Were you driving on asphalt or concrete?

The tC doesn't have Vehicle Stability Control or Traction Control like the xB, but the stock suspension and the ABS should keep your vehicle on line in the turns under normal conditions (icy or wet is a different matter, even if you have a 4WD Monster Truck). If yours was lowered, then the vehicle has an even lower center of gravity, which should actually help.

I'm guessing you hit something which sent you off track, and all it took was a slight overcorrection to send you out of control. Same thing happened to a friend of mine in an RSX.

The moral of the story? Drive carefully.

Zero points for stating the obvious, right?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

If you let off the gas while turning and going at a relativly fast speed. All front wheel vehicles result in what you described. The front end slows down, but the back end still wants to travel at speed. So you get that back end to swing out...
Old 01-27-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
I'm getting another Azure Pearl. In fact it just arrived about 1/2 hour ago
Old 01-27-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ergo_Scion
Just curious. What kind of road conditions? Wet, dry, icy, or some variation thereof? Do you know if you hit a pothole, or caught the edge of the shoulder? Were you driving on asphalt or concrete?

The tC doesn't have Vehicle Stability Control or Traction Control like the xB, but the stock suspension and the ABS should keep your vehicle on line in the turns under normal conditions (icy or wet is a different matter, even if you have a 4WD Monster Truck). If yours was lowered, then the vehicle has an even lower center of gravity, which should actually help.

I'm guessing you hit something which sent you off track, and all it took was a slight overcorrection to send you out of control. Same thing happened to a friend of mine in an RSX.

The moral of the story? Drive carefully.

Zero points for stating the obvious, right?
The road was damp (no water lying, but not dry). There was a lot of dirt and anti-ice junk on the road. I think I might have had a tire blow out. Both right side tires were flat once the wreck was over. The front probably from impact, the back? I'll give you points for stating what is VERY important.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:36 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryno379
Originally Posted by CXT
I'm getting another Azure Pearl. In fact it just arrived about 1/2 hour ago
sweeeeeet
Old 01-27-2006, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

dibs on hvac!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

if your gonna part out anything from the car....pm me i need a bunch of stock parts
thanks!

Quick Reply: Totalled my s/c tC!