Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Tranny is gone !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Tranny is gone !!!!!!!!

I need help my tranny is gone, Its Auto..... It does't go into Drive or Reverse it has 78,000 on it....... Scion Tc.... I changed the seal between the Engine and the Tranny next to the Troqe Converter.....

I need help.....
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u want help? u need a new tranny. its dead. this happened to my first tranny and even happened to by BUILT tranny (after 3 months on 15 lbs)... manual swap! manual swap + resending the head to the machine shop + taking the whole motor out and some other random work came out to 2 grand for me.. with parts probably 3.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man, what have you been doing to that tranny? have you been changing the fluids at the scheduled intervals? or have you been racing it or "manually shifting" it?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa whoa whoa wait a sec - what seal did you change???? Did you take a cv axle out and have a bunch of fluid splash out on your head?? If so thats atf and you needa refill your tranny bud. Other than that, will it PHYSCIALLY go into drive or reverse? Or will it go into it and jsut not go anywhere.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man so sorry to hear that!!! Ya sounds like a rebuild is in need! YOu must of fried the clutch packs. how much WHP were you pushing?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

His cars stock.... how did you break it? were you shifting it?
Old 04-24-2009, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Supa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
u want help? u need a new tranny. its dead. this happened to my first tranny and even happened to by BUILT tranny (after 3 months on 15 lbs)... manual swap! manual swap + resending the head to the machine shop + taking the whole motor out and some other random work came out to 2 grand for me.. with parts probably 3.
DAmmmm
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
man, what have you been doing to that tranny? have you been changing the fluids at the scheduled intervals? or have you been racing it or "manually shifting" it?

Nutting just warming it up,,,Goin for the oil changes,,, Reg... Mant:,,,,Brakes,,,,,Gas.....The only thing I took my car in for is my Check Eng. light ....and that was my Gas cap cover .... ( The Sensor in the cap )..............
Old 04-24-2009, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

manual tranny swap...imo id rather do that then spend $$$ on a new auto tranny but thats just my $ .02
Old 04-24-2009, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
whoa whoa whoa wait a sec - what seal did you change???? Did you take a cv axle out and have a bunch of fluid splash out on your head?? If so thats atf and you needa refill your tranny bud. Other than that, will it PHYSCIALLY go into drive or reverse? Or will it go into it and jsut not go anywhere.
The Seal bet: the Eng: and the Tranny: In between the Torqe Converter and the Tranyy.... And the seal only coast $ 7.00 ..... And it's alot of wrk...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tcchris38
Man so sorry to hear that!!! Ya sounds like a rebuild is in need! YOu must of fried the clutch packs. how much WHP were you pushing?

My car is fully Stock.... Just looks like its got somtheing in it.....I was wait to finish pay of the car frist, to mess with it......
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
His cars stock.... how did you break it? were you shifting it?

Na not even... Shifting .....na Its Auto....
Old 04-24-2009, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

so you never once dropped your car into first gear then shifted it to second? you drove it in drive every where?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can almost garantee u -something got messed up when replacing the seal - although i still dont know what seal youre talking about and ive had the auto tranny and motor out several times and have ppulled them apart several times. COuld just be the linkage out of adjustment - if it is it cna prevent it from shifting into gear. Also if you drained the torque converter it takes like 3.5 quarts of fluid so that + draining the tranny means you need to fill it with almost 8 qts to get it back to full Gimme the step by step on wat you did to replace this seal and ill do my best to troubleshoot on here - or if you wanna call - pm me and ill give u my number
Old 04-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

why is this under FI? but damn bro that's horrible hope u get it fixed, but chances are u need a new tranny, but I agree with others manual swap!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
so you never once dropped your car into first gear then shifted it to second? you drove it in drive every where?

NA never drop it into First gear then shifted..... All ways wanted to that but never had the juts to do it....
Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
I can almost garantee u -something got messed up when replacing the seal - although i still dont know what seal youre talking about and ive had the auto tranny and motor out several times and have ppulled them apart several times. COuld just be the linkage out of adjustment - if it is it cna prevent it from shifting into gear. Also if you drained the torque converter it takes like 3.5 quarts of fluid so that + draining the tranny means you need to fill it with almost 8 qts to get it back to full Gimme the step by step on wat you did to replace this seal and ill do my best to troubleshoot on here - or if you wanna call - pm me and ill give u my number

I hav pics on my phone where it's leaking at, it's kinda hard to explain on this if u send me ue email address i'll show u.....I really think it's in side the tranyyy.. The seal is no bigger than the plam of my hand.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you refill with fluid? even check fluid? Did you possibly cut the torque converter o-ring by accident? did you get the torque converter fully seated back on the pump shaft? will it move or go into gear if you rev it? There are a lot of details missing and plus we don't know what exactly is going on since we aren't there so you can either:

1. Take it to the dealer or a shop.
2. If you are hands on, do a manual trans swap.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
did you refill with fluid? even check fluid? Did you possibly cut the torque converter o-ring by accident? did you get the torque converter fully seated back on the pump shaft? will it move or go into gear if you rev it? There are a lot of details missing and plus we don't know what exactly is going on since we aren't there so you can either:

1. Take it to the dealer or a shop.
2. If you are hands on, do a manual trans swap.
All of my fluids r top off..I check my fluids evrytime i go for oil change.....Theres is a new O-Ring, in the Tranny..........Its seateded back right on the pump shaft.......Yes it moves into gear and goes into Reverse.............The Tranny fuild jus keep coming out when I put the 2 nd bottle in .... The car revs, moves, when it has tranny fuild in it......[
Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Its your rear-main seal you changed. I wouldn't take advise from anyone on here that had no clue what that seal was. Just IMO.

Is drive shaft seated properly into the transmission?